Skip to content

Uche Ikpeazu signs

Comments

• @ChasHarps said:
    I used to love Mark Lawrensons dry quips when he would co commentate.

I think you are the only person I’ve ever come across that did. (Does? He’s still knocking about isn’t he?) A very strong contender in the worst category for me. He has the unparalleled ability to sap all joy and excitement out of even the most thrilling of matches.

• Yep, also dont like Lawrenson, always comes across as so far up his own backside. But McManaman definitely the worst for me.

• Peter Jones' "and the sun shines now" commentary from the Hillsborough tragedy is the greatest piece of radio journalism I've ever heard, albeit something I wish none of us had ever had to hear

In many ways he was the voice of my childhood. I adored listening to radio commentary of football games, and he was the best

• Lawro used to be pretty good, I thought. Then during the 2010 world cup it all went sour, when some comms didn't seem to understand the incredible position they were in being paid to watch football in South Africa every day. Moaning and bleating on about the standard of the matches. It really got tedious.

• I agree @prufrock_91

The same happened to Alan Green, who used to be great but long ago became just a whiny, whinging parody of himself who could never hide his allegiance to Liverpool

I also used to really like Mike Ingham, and Ian Darke who does the boxing

• Poor old Uche has lost his thread to commentators ??

• Just heard a commentator pronounce his name "Ik-petch-ew".

Now I am confused....

• There’s a video on YouTube where he introduces himself and it sounds like Ick-peeat-zoo.

• It’s called ‘Sauce’ with Ickpeazu.

• Sounds like Ik-pee-ay-zoo but very fast to me.

• Comes across as a nice guy.

• I played it several times and it’s difficult to hear because he delivers his name so quickly, as you say. I’ve mentioned on another thread that he once drove 7 hours from Scotland to help feed homeless people in London.
    It’s no fluke that Gaz and Dobbo choose players for their character as decent people as well as for their ability as footballers.

• edited August 2020

It's definitely Ik-pee-ay-zoo

• Well, my hearing-along with eyesight and several other parts of my body-isn’t the best these days so I’ll take the word of you younger guys.

• Oo-che Ik-pea-ay-zu - same syllable count as Is this a library? Not that anyone will get to sing anyone's name for a while.

• Singing quietly behind a mask so Hodges doesn't turf us out? Shhhhhhh!

• "Can't take my eyes off of you" - "Can't handle Ikpeazu" (defenders won't be able to...)

First and last time also fit seamlessly into Seven Nation Army if we're being lazy

• I’ll ask Matt Cecil to check with Uche how it should be pronounced.

• @glasshalffull One step ahead of you there! That's how I knew, my hearing's not that good either ?

• ABBA have been in touch with a reworking of Thank You for the Music:

Uche Ikpeazu, the goals you're scoring
    Peterborough think we're boring
    We can live without them, they're stuck in Division 1
    That's not much fun
    For their dim fans or for MacAnthony
    So I say Uche Ikpeazu, we love you already

• Can never have too many ABBA chants, although the Grimmer one takes some beating

• He seems like a decent chap, excited to be with us. Fingers crossed he's Championship top scorer!

• @Wendoverman said:
    He seems like a decent chap, excited to be with us. Fingers crossed he's Championship top scorer!

5 goals in 40 games in a weaker league than the championship probably average league one player at best hearts aren't even bothered that he left wil have to pray and hope lol.

• BBC headline a year from now:

'Uche to stay at Wycombe after 15 goal season has rivals circling'

Uche Ikpeazu has committed his future to Wycombe, refusing to submit a transfer request even with Brentford, Leeds and West Ham said to be interested in the 26 year old. A stunning first campaign saw Ikpeazu find the back of the net 15 times, sealing Wycombe's survival in the second tier.

• @trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:
    He seems like a decent chap, excited to be with us. Fingers crossed he's Championship top scorer!

5 goals in 40 games in a weaker league than the championship probably average league one player at best hearts aren't even bothered that he left wil have to pray and hope lol.

We will indeed @trevor and possibly trust in our excellent management team.

• @trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

See a positive for once in your life.
    Genuinely. Life will feel worth it.

• @Malone said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

If only that was possible

• @trevor said:

@Malone said:

@trevor said:

@Wendoverman said:

If only that was possible

If you need to chat off forum, the tag team of me and @micra are here to listen.
    Stuff isn't as bad as it seems.

• As long as you don't include @glasshalfempty in your support group @Malone.

• @mooneyman said:
    As long as you don't include @glasshalfempty in your support group @Malone.

Could you imagine. Team him up with some of the snidey posters on here and it'd be horrific scenes.