Skip to content

Big centre forward anyone?

1235»

Comments

• @bookertease said:
    Can I put an early bid in for Josh Parker as our top scorer next year?

Disagree with virtually everything I’ve read about what people says he believes in (and do actually think the club should have a quiet word with him) but in footballing terms I think he may benefit if we change our approach a bit, which we may if Bayo becomes more a plan B.

If he starts 10 league games next season, I will grant you the use of @wendoverman or @micra for a week.

• I refer to my previous comment somewhere that I know absolutely nothing about football. I think they are safe

• @Malone said:

@bookertease said:

Disagree with virtually everything I’ve read about what people says he believes in (and do actually think the club should have a quiet word with him) but in footballing terms I think he may benefit if we change our approach a bit, which we may if Bayo becomes more a plan B.

If he starts 10 league games next season, I will grant you the use of @wendoverman or @micra for a week.

Not sure about @micra but I don;t like the sound of that!

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

That's why it could only be offered against the near impossible.

• edited July 2020

but @Wendoverman, don't forget that @micra promised to get a tattoo if we got promoted, so think carefully before accepting the T&C's.
    Nearly impossible, isn't the same as impossible...

• @Twizz said:
    but @Wendoverman, don't forget that @micra promised to get a tattoo if we got promoted, so think carefully before accepting the T&C's ...

except for going into @eric_plant 's Black Book, I'm not accepting anything.

• @Twizz said:
    but @Wendoverman, don't forget that @micra promised to get a tattoo if we got promoted, so think carefully before accepting the T&C's.
    Nearly impossible, isn't the same as impossible...

I thought @micra had agreed to do an Erika Roe in the first game in front of fans at Adams Park in lieu of getting a tattoo!

• To be fair if Parker does end up being top scorer* I’d probably agree to do an Erika (although there may be laws about offending public decency to spare everyone).

*i probably need to put a condition of our leading scorer getting more than 6 goals

• @bookertease said:
    To be fair if Parker does end up being top scorer* I’d probably agree to do an Erika (although there may be laws about offending public decency to spare everyone).

*i probably need to put a condition of our leading scorer getting more than 6 goals

Haha, nice disclaimer! But certainly necessary in case the Oxford "they won't even win 5 games" prophecy of doom comes true!

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@bookertease said:

I know it’s late and nurse should have put me to bed long before this but I don’t really understand what all this is about. The only time I run now is when I get a sudden call of nature. I came on here to comment on Jamie Mascoll but I seem to be lost. I’ll look for the right thread in the morning.
    Good night.