Skip to content

The teams that we will be playing next season

Comments

• Surely the virus will be more prevalent in closed spaces hence the suggestion the infection rate will spike in winter Dev. Could the reason it is still rampant in Florida be down to most properties using air conditioning in that sort of heat?

• @mooneyman said:
    Surely the virus will be more prevalent in closed spaces hence the suggestion the infection rate will spike in winter Dev. Could the reason it is still rampant in Florida be down to most properties using air conditioning in that sort of heat?

I think you'll find @DevC is right. People have gone missing questioning the Gasrooms Chief Scientific Officer.

For me football clubs will be in financial trouble next season whatever and those that use Covid as the excuse after having a summer to reset their budgets deserve everything they get.

• @EwanHoosaami I think you are confusing Dave Whelan with Dave Wheeler.

• Good news that Forest are staying down. Facing former European Cup winners will be good preparation for our trips to Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge in 21/22.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@mooneyman said:
    Surely the virus will be more prevalent in closed spaces hence the suggestion the infection rate will spike in winter Dev. Could the reason it is still rampant in Florida be down to most properties using air conditioning in that sort of heat?

I think you'll find @DevC is right. People have gone missing questioning the Gasrooms Chief Scientific Officer.

Silly me!

• @Glenactico said:
    Good news that Forest are staying down. Facing former European Cup winners will be good preparation for our trips to Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge in 21/22.

I fear you haven't been watching them recently...us getting a last minute goal to win at the City Ground after 95 minutes of the Reds flattering to deceive will hardly prepare us to face Klopp, Pep or even Lamps!

• @our_frank said:
    @EwanHoosaami I think you are confusing Dave Whelan with Dave Wheeler.

Confusion, not a difficult task in my world!

• David Wheeler must have been a young football club owner - I think he was still at school when Paul Jewell was managing Wigan.

• @EwanHoosaami said:

@our_frank said:
    @EwanHoosaami I think you are confusing Dave Whelan with Dave Wheeler.

Confusion, not a difficult task in my world!

The big question surely is which one was blonde haired and shouting at @EwanHoosaami ?

• I still can’t believe we’re in the championship.

• edited July 2020

Average stadium capacity for League One clubs next year: 16,695 (would be just 15,290 without Sunderland).

Average capacity for our confirmed opponents in the championship (including St. Andrews twice for Birmingham and Coventry): 24,741

Can't wait!

• Should be 25,000 at the city ground to see Wycombe v Forest. And tbh I think Wycombe could have beaten Forest last night...

• Indeed @Forest_Blue the upside of all the publicity that our L1 colleagues hate so much is that a lot of people at a lot of clubs will turn up to see their side thrash little Wycombe and Bayo. And then realise we are anti-football and bemoan the 0-0 and the officials buying into all the dark arts. :smile:

• As long as the superior officials in The Championship* are sufficiently superior to be able to identify fouls against Bayo as well as the odd one or two a game that he possibly does commit, we should be able to capitalise on our undoubted superiority over most other clubs in The Championship* when it comes to set-pieces. Watch my tongue.

*my first mention of The Championship

• Speaking to a friend yesterday regarding our attendances next season (covd19 restrictions lifted) what we can expect? I would of thought most games the away end would be sold out 1800, atm 2500 season tickets have gone but i think over 3500 is achievable? Then possibly 1500-2000 on the day...... 6500-7000 a game? My friend seems to think most games would be closer to 9000

• I think average would be at the very least over 7000. We averaged around 5500 last season (I think), while still playing some smaller clubs. The bump from both larger away fan bases and more local interest would surely raise it over 7K, though 9K may be optimistic.

• Not sure that article has been written very well - Trevor Stroud said 18 sell outs for away fans, not the stadium as a whole! We'll have done very well if we achieve the latter!

• We could probably get a lot of 9,000s if we somehow allowed the awy team another 1,000 or so!

But that does get people irate. And we need to see if we're even allowed to get 25% in grounds first. Of our own fans.

• Is the capacity of the away end still artificially capped? Does anyone know for how much longer if that’s till the case?

• Hopefully, we get a lot of the 'bigger' clubs once lock-down is eased permanently. Predicting gates when we don't know what restrictions will be in place and for how long is a bit risky. As long as I can get in, of course...

• @Wendoverman said:
    Hopefully, we get a lot of the 'bigger' clubs once lock-down is eased permanently. Predicting gates when we don't know what restrictions will be in place and for how long is a bit risky. As long as I can get in, of course...

Yes, the current position seems to be no fans for the first 3-4 games, depending if they pack in midweekers. Then potentially only 25% for some unspecified amount of time.

The idea of being in 2-3,000 allowed to go to an away game seems a heck of a long time down the line.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Not sure that article has been written very well - Trevor Stroud said 18 sell outs for away fans, not the stadium as a whole! We'll have done very well if we achieve the latter!

It's just badly picked a few facts from the Chairboys live video, no credit given, bit rude tbh

• As I am in Swanage who do I have to bribe to get Bournemouth in the first week of October?

• Excellent from Barnsley on the utter state of the Championship financially. I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I find it pretty shocking that most clubs haven't paid their players in full this season. https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2020/july/club-statement/

• Anyone seen the Sunderland rumours?

The guy behind Rich energy drinks claiming to have put in a bid alongside backers.
    For anyone who doesn't follow F1 Rich energy were (in) famous for amongst other things: Not seemingly selling any energy drinks, using F1 sponsorship with Haas to raise the profile of a product that doesn't exist, using a stolen logo from a bike company that they were ordered to remove , tweeting endlessly about how poor the team they sponsored were, claiming to have a £50m distribution centre despite their last set of accounts showing about £600 total in assets and then being dropped amongst much legal noise yet continuing to tweet about the team and have them in their twitter profiles. Nobody seems too sure if they ever paid any money.
    Should fit right in and surge through the fit and proper person test.

• As long as they called the better F1 teams tinpot, it really is a 100% match.

• Last game week of Premier League games today at 4. 2 other teams will be relegated by the end of today. The teams that could still get relegated are Aston Villa, Watford and AFC Bournemouth.

• Who do people want to go down? Personally would like to play Villa next season (whilst wishing them no ill will)