Skip to content

The teams that we will be playing next season

Comments

• Yeah, to be in the same league as Villa would be unreal

And if we can get really greedy be nice to play Watford again as well. We've all got mates who support them I'm sure

• I want Brentford to go up and Bournemouth to survive. Reason? We have (or at least had) very good relationships with both those clubs (geographically very accessible too) when it came to loan players. If they’re in the same division, not sure that would work as well.

• I'm with @micra .... personally would prefer Brentford up and safety for Bournemouth

• Villa and Watford for me.

• Bournemouth to stay up have no problems with them...
    Brentford to go up, love the football they play..
    Villa to come down (terry is a racist c#nt)..
    Watford to come due to the joke owners

• It's a win-win-win for us whoever comes down really: trip to Villa Park (my favourite ground after Adams Park), local derby with Watford, or trip to the seaside. All assuming we're allowed.

And yes, Brentford to go up for the above reasons.

• Bournemouth will surely come down, but we could do with them staying up to get Ofoborh back on loan.

• 1-0 Bournemouth!

• 2-1 Bournemouth ! Minute to half time.

• Come on you Hammers.

• This is lovely, watching the final day of the Premiership and it mattering to us.

• Relieved in a way that Villa are staying up.
    They look pretty formidable. But then so do Bournemouth!

• Bournemouth and Watford then

• Can see Bournemouth walking the Championship next season. We might have to settle for runner up!!

• @micra said:
    Relieved in a way that Villa are staying up.

Formidable? Both have barely averaged a goal a game.

The more serious worry, is that Bournemouth have already apparently agreed a 35m sale of Ake. There's bound to be a couple more sales, meaning they come in with the massive parachute payments, massive transfer fund, and won't now loan us Ofoborh!

• And we will still have lower billing on 3CR than Exeter

• edited July 2020

All because Hawk-Eye screwed up

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    Relieved in a way that Villa are staying up.

Formidable? Both have barely averaged a goal a game.

The more serious worry, is that Bournemouth have already apparently agreed a 35m sale of Ake. There's bound to be a couple more sales, meaning they come in with the massive parachute payments, massive transfer fund, and won't now loan us Ofoborh!

They'll still be on massively reduced income, huge wage bill, possibly with players who don't want to be there. It's always tricky for clubs that come down as you can't choose who will bid for which players and when.

• This is lovely, watching the Championship play-offs and it mattering to us.

• I'm not sure the reduced income will significantly affect the owner of Bournemouth @Malone. He is reportedly worth £900m!

• After today's games in the Premier League the teams in next season's Championship are the following:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Barnsley
    Birmingham City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Bristol City
    Coventry City
    Derby County
    Huddersfield Town
    Luton Town
    Middlesbrough
    Millwall
    Norwich City
    Nottingham Forest
    Preston North End
    Queens Park Rangers
    Reading
    Rotherham United
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Stoke City
    Watford
    Wycombe Wanderers

The first Championship playoff leg, Swansea City vs Brentford is being played right now with Cardiff City vs Fulham tomorrow.

• I bet Bournemouth players are not on massive wages. Parachute payments will mean they will hang on to a lot of their players for the next season at least. I reckon they will be a force. Not sure about the madhouse that is Watford but I think Norwich will also.bounce back quite strongly. I hope we play them all early when they are still shocked and dont know what they are going to get with Wycombe yet!

• @mooneyman said:
    I'm not sure the reduced income will significantly affect the owner of Bournemouth @Malone. He is reportedly worth £900m!

I think it's @StrongestTeam who mentioned reduced income.

I was pointing out that with parachute payments and a huge amount of sales, they'll take a heck of a lot of competing with.

• Nice to see "enjoy Wycombe away" trending on Twitter.

Playing us is the benchmark for how low clubs have sunk, apparently. Long may we be underestimated.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I bet Bournemouth players are not on massive wages. Parachute payments will mean they will hang on to a lot of their players for the next season at least. I reckon they will be a force. Not sure about the madhouse that is Watford but I think Norwich will also.bounce back quite strongly. I hope we play them all early when they are still shocked and dont know what they are going to get with Wycombe yet!

I think you'll be quite shocked at the wages even tiny clubs like Bournemouth pay in the premier league!

Ignore it's the sun...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9496731/callum-wilson-bournemouth-contract-100000/

• @Wendoverman said:
    I bet Bournemouth players are not on massive wages. Parachute payments will mean they will hang on to a lot of their players for the next season at least. I reckon they will be a force. Not sure about the madhouse that is Watford but I think Norwich will also.bounce back quite strongly. I hope we play them all early when they are still shocked and dont know what they are going to get with Wycombe yet!

Last thing I read about their wage bill was an increase from circa 70 million to about 100 million off the top of my head

• LX1LX1
    edited July 2020

It is slightly annoying listening to 'Land of our fathers' continually during this play off game. I like the song but you can have too much

• @Malone said:

@mooneyman said:
    I'm not sure the reduced income will significantly affect the owner of Bournemouth @Malone. He is reportedly worth £900m!

I think it's @StrongestTeam who mentioned reduced income.

I was pointing out that with parachute payments and a huge amount of sales, they'll take a heck of a lot of competing with.

Sorry Mr Malone.

• It's great listening to Mick McCarthy

• @peterparrotface said:

@Wendoverman said:

Last thing I read about their wage bill was an increase from circa 70 million to about 100 million off the top of my head

Huddersfield got a £42m parachute payment last year so Bournemouth will get at least that.

Ake is reported to be going to Man City for £35m, they turned down £25m from Man Utd for King and Brooks is also valued at £25m plus there will be demand for Callum Wilson. They are not in imminent financial trouble and in fact will be splashing the cash to replace those leaving.

Norwich are financially stable so should be ok. Watford are the team that could implode financially and end up doing a Sunderland, particularly when an average player like Deeney is on £100k per week.