Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (Play-off Final)

Comments

• @Chris said:
    Pleased to have Jombati as an option on the bench. Pleased for him too.

Good call, missed that. Agree on both counts.

• I feel sick ?

• I’m certainly happy that Sky have recognised how well the PNLs have done to progress from their non-league heritage.

• @bookertease said:
    The big question is at what time (or if) @trevor will make his first appearance tonight. Let’s hope we don’t hear from him...

'This is atrocious...why are we allowing them to win like this...'

14 minutes is my offer.

• I was hoping to get to the mid half drinks break - so 27 minutes

• This 'right way' of playing seems to involve a lot of hoofing?

• Get in !

• Stewart!

• Yeeeeesssssss

• Commentary: Oxford are great. Really good. What a good strong side.Oh Wycombe have scored.

• Keeping it solid, getting in their faces, counterattacking well. All good so far but that shot that flashed across our goal has given us the right warning to stay focused.

• Commentary is pissing me off

• Saying Stewart didn't mean to do what he did when he made the clearance off the line... No I think that was exactly what he meant to do?!!!!

• Oxford look quite...aggravated don’t they?

• Great 45 from Stewart and Grimmer. Hopefully Oxford tire before we do!

• @Alexo said:
    Saying Stewart didn't mean to do what he did when he made the clearance off the line... No I think that was exactly what he meant to do?!!!!

I struggled with this one too. The commentator seemed to suggest that he certainly didn’t mean to clear it off the line. I’m not sure what else he thought Stewart was attempting!

Good half though boys. Nervous as hell, but most of the possession from OUFC has been in areas that we won’t mind about.

• Stats lauding Oxfords possession are redundant when their attacks are mostly hopeful balls down the channels.

• Come on boys keep this up subs I feel will be crucial going to be a long 2nd half.

• Looking like a typical Wycombe home performance. If we can keep them out for the first 20 of the second half they are going to get ratty and they've already had a booking.

• @prufrock_91 said:
    Stats lauding Oxfords possession are redundant when their attacks are mostly hopeful balls down the channels.

And backward passes

• Come on lads! Let's have another great 45!!!!

• Oxford seem to be playing in bowling shoes with highly polished soles.

• If richiemu has been banned again i assume he's knocking on doors and running away tonight.

• ‘In Bloom,’ is a weird choice for the teams to come out to...but I’m for it.

• Gutsy so far. Good defending from the whole 11, especially Grimmer and Ofoborh.

Poxford have been the better team the last 20. Samuel needs to start getting a bit more from the defenders, although Dickie should have seen yellow for blocking off what could have been a 2 on 1.

Subs are going to be massive I expect.

• Was feeling good but now im worried about hair loss and prostate cancer. Be glad when they're back on the pitch.

• We still got this coyb!!!!!

• thanks alsopp