Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (Play-off Final)

Comments

• Last goal at Rochdale when Parker hit the post and Fred scored rebound would be on the break as well. Some of those stats look a bit suspect to me.

• Watching this on repeat:

COYB!?

• He is a secret weapon I think...even our own fans tend to forget he's there and then he pops up. That was one of my favourite goals of recent times...up there with CMS against Doncaster.

• @Wendoverman said:
    He is a secret weapon I think...even our own fans tend to forget he's there and then he pops up. That was one of my favourite goals of recent times...up there with CMS against Doncaster.

Wheeler?

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:
    He is a secret weapon I think...even our own fans tend to forget he's there and then he pops up. That was one of my favourite goals of recent times...up there with CMS against Doncaster.

Wheeler?

Yup sorry...I forgot we are all posting at high speed today whilst working from home.

• I am always dubious about stats...if we have 1% of possession but score two goals against the run of play I will be happy! (Yes, I know 1% is ridiculous...)

• @Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

Wheeler?

Yup sorry...I forgot we are all posting at high speed today whilst working from home.

I think you're also thinking of Scunthorpe for the CMS goal! Which I think I celebrated even more actually - proper comeback from 2 down with 10 men.

• @chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

Wheeler?

I think you're also thinking of Scunthorpe for the CMS goal! Which I think I celebrated even more actually - proper comeback from 2 down with 10 men.

Yes, you are right...I knew it was a Yorkshire club though...(straw clutching)

• Lincolnshire :)

• Just had a look through the Oxford match thread, not to much gloating going on to be fair, they are mainly all pretty nervy as well.

Been fine at work all day, now I'm home I'm getting nervous.... COYB's !!!

• @Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

Wheeler?

I always get those two games mixed up, owing to the late 3-2 wins.

• @Shev said:

@Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

@chairboyscentral said:

@Wendoverman said:

Wheeler?

I always get those two games mixed up, owing to the late 3-2 wins.

I can never remember if Bayo or Paris got the winner in that one? I know it was Thompson's only goal for Wycombe so far.

• It was Paris, with a looping header over a crowd.

• edited July 2020

Just looked it up and Bayo didn't even score - I guess I just remember him wreaking havoc in their defence. Paris got a brace.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Just had a look through the Oxford match thread, not to much gloating going on to be fair, they are mainly all pretty nervy as well.

Been fine at work all day, now I'm home I'm getting nervous.... COYB's !!!

Yep, they'll know we'll give them a proper game.

• All completely surreal that Wycombe (or indeed Oxford) are only one game away from the Championship in the middle of these strange times. History in the making.Difficult to take it all in tbh.
    I have a feeling that our unique team spirit and togetherness will take us over the line. Here’s hoping! COYB !!!

• the nerves are definitely starting to kick in...glad that there will be buildup on Sky from 7pm so I can just stop thinking about the game from that point and just watch.

• edited July 2020

TEAM NEWS: #Chairboys unchanged.

Allsop, Jacobson, Gape, Stewart, Wheeler, Bloomfield, Grimmer, Charles, Onyedinma, Samuel, Ofoborh.

Subs: Stockdale, Jombati, Pattison, Kashket, Phillips, Thompson, Akinfenwa, Freeman, Parker.

Jombati the only change on the bench. No Smyth suprisingly!

• I'm supposed to be working online until 8.30. I sort of will...

• Let’s do it.

• Kashket, Bayo, Freeman and Parker is plenty of attacking bench options, but Smyth is a suprise to not get in. Must be injured or not fit surely?

• @emu80 would have been able to explain ?

• He'd have told us who the ref is, complained about who was in attendance and then told us we'll lose with three exclamation marks.

• The big question is at what time (or if) @trevor will make his first appearance tonight. Let’s hope we don’t hear from him...

• @drcongo said:
    He'd have told us who the ref is, complained about who was in attendance and then told us we'll lose with three exclamation marks.

presume he signed in with a hoax email address?

• Pleased to have Jombati as an option on the bench. Pleased for him too.

• edited July 2020

Yes agreed, with 9 subs, it was leaving it a bit risky having just Phillips as defensive cover.
    Plus, if as expected he is released at the end of the season, what a last game to be involved in - hopefully as a winner - having missed 2015 completely.

• Time has started moving very slowly hasn’t it?