Skip to content

Play-off coverage

Comments

• Got mine - one of the most impressive WWFC programmes published to date. Championship standard.

• I have a colleague who is buying all the behind closed doors play-off programmes...he seems to think they might be worth something as a historical document at some point!

• @Wendoverman said:
    Great interview with JJ. Not saying anything we did not know, but what a great signing.

JJ is a class act on and off the field. He speaks very well and I also thought the interviewer was excellent, well researched and good questions. Where was this broadcast?

• Thanks team, seems like mixed fortunes. I’ll be sitting by my letterbox tomorrow eagerly awaiting it

• @glasshalffull I assume its some sort of efl/skybet youtube operation. Popped up on my Facebook feed from the club I think.

• It sounds like the mood at the club is excellent...a great bunch of players all grateful for the chance (young) and support (older) they get and it would take the boss a long time to establish that at another club...time that is often not available. Which explains, as a few of us have always maintained, why he stays. And if he gets to be a Championship manager at Wycombe, why not?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @glasshalffull I assume its some sort of efl/skybet youtube operation. Popped up on my Facebook feed from the club I think.

Thanks

• As someone with sky TV, but without sky sports.... For me, am I right in assuming the most cost effective way for me to watch will be paying £18 to upgrade to sky sports package for a month? The now TV suggestions are for people that don't have sky at all right?

• ****> @Wendoverman said:

I have a colleague who is buying all the behind closed doors play-off programmes...he seems to think they might be worth something as a historical document at some point!

If it's the same paper they've used for a few years now, you're doing well to even get it home from the game in mint condition, let alone rely on it being good for years
    (yes i know you can't go to this game)

• @Alexo said:
    As someone with sky TV, but without sky sports.... For me, am I right in assuming the most cost effective way for me to watch will be paying £18 to upgrade to sky sports package for a month? The now TV suggestions are for people that don't have sky at all right?

Definitely to the latter.
    You could do a week deal on Now tv for £9.79, but as there's tonnes of Premier games, championship, playoffs and hopefully 3 Wycombe games, £18 is a bargain if it's that easy a short term upgrade

• @Malone said:

@Alexo said:
    As someone with sky TV, but without sky sports.... For me, am I right in assuming the most cost effective way for me to watch will be paying £18 to upgrade to sky sports package for a month? The now TV suggestions are for people that don't have sky at all right?

Definitely to the latter.
    You could do a week deal on Now tv for £9.79, but as there's tonnes of Premier games, championship, playoffs and hopefully 3 Wycombe games, £18 is a bargain if it's that easy a short term upgrade

Thanks, I need to go and read the small print to make sure what I believe to be correct actually is!!!

• @Malone said:
    ****> @Wendoverman said:

I have a colleague who is buying all the behind closed doors play-off programmes...he seems to think they might be worth something as a historical document at some point!

If it's the same paper they've used for a few years now, you're doing well to even get it home from the game in mint condition, let alone rely on it being good for years
    (yes i know you can't go to this game)

Oxford and Pompey's programmes are good quality, can't speak for Fleetwood. Would be nice if we could keep ours 'premium' like this play-off one, but I wouldn't imagine that's a priority.

• Thought Joey Barton came across very well tbh.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Meanwhile at Tranmere they've gone batshit crazy

They do indeed appear to have completely lost it. What a bizarre thing to get so worked up about.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Meanwhile at Tranmere they've gone batshit crazy

Probably our fault

• Lockdown does strange things to people.

• This is brilliant. What a time to be alive.

• Hope they get relegated again ...

• For those who won’t be watching on TV or who fancy syncing up the audio to the tv pics...

BBC3CR 98FM and iFollow

Fri - Full match comms from 7pm with myself and @glasshalffull

Mon - myself and Beanie

• @bluntphil said:
    For those who won’t be watching on TV or who fancy syncing up the audio to the tv pics...

BBC3CR 98FM and iFollow

Mon - myself and Beanie

Sounds great, enjoy, think we need all the minute details of this one if they won't let us in.

• @bluntphil said:
    For those who won’t be watching on TV or who fancy syncing up the audio to the tv pics...

BBC3CR 98FM and iFollow

Mon - myself and Beanie

To think that I offered my co-commentary service and you've gone for @glasshalffull

Talk about jobs for the boys

• Beanie in the box for the second leg sounds like a recipe for late heroics!

• @eric_plant said:
    I've heard lots of interviews with Joey Barton, he clearly is intelligent

Have to agree. Didn’t strike me as particularly arrogant either - just very positive about how well prepared they are.

• This new profile picture (taken by me, using a ten second delay) was intended for my polypropylene cut-out but I got into a hell of a state navigating the online ordering proced and I think they will either have received a blank silhouette or a picture taken by mrs micra in which I look more than usually gormless.

I did manage the simpler task of ordering the programme and it arrived this morning.
    It’s in quarantine until Sunday.

• Procedure.

• Looking good @micra.
    You will Hoover up the father Christmas work.

• Luckily, although I did not ask for it Mrs W got Sky Sports cheap as part of some package...but she hasn't had to pay since lock down...and I thought they were making footy matches free to air while the lock down was on...or am I just dreaming something Bozzer said in between 'Churchill' and '...riding like Alexander astride the mighty Bucephalas we will soon be able to get cheap Tamtams from Australia.'

• @micra said:

@eric_plant said:
    I've heard lots of interviews with Joey Barton, he clearly is intelligent

Have to agree. Didn’t strike me as particularly arrogant either - just very positive about how well prepared they are.

Indeed...I suppose we would prefer a manager to say 'Christ! We're done for. I've not spoken to anyone at the club for a month and was too busy down the bookies to prepare. Have you seen the state of the squad? Wycombe will be all over these fat, lazy ****ers like a rash'