Skip to content

Match day thread: Doncaster

1235»

Comments

• I don't think that opinions of Samuel are as polarised as people like to make out. Being able to fully appreciate what he brings to the team does not preclude you from being concerned about his lack of goal threat. I firmly believe that if you brought him on to run himself into the ground for the final 20-25 minutes against an already tiring defence, he would create more openings for himself and others.

• It's only those who feel the need to abuse him because they think he only runs around who are a problem.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Wendoverman said:

@Chris said:
    I’d play 4 Mawsons, 4 Mawsons and 2 Mawsons.

But Stockdale or Allsopp Chris???

Mawson as rush-goalie?

• @OxfordBlue said:

@aloysius said:
    I'm always surprised the Samuel / Kashket combination hasn't really worked, not that it's been tried that often. But in principle, Alex chasing a long ball, making space then laying it off to our fox in the box should produce dividends. Hate to bang on about it but the problem with Alex as front man is that his fellow wide attackers are often too far away from him to benefit from his hard work. I'm sure he'd work better in a system with two men up top playing much more closely together.

I think they'd just both lose out too often to 6ft3 brick shithouse league 1 defenders.

Totally this. It looks totally ineffective the few times we've seen it.

There's a reason everyone looks better next to Bayo.

• I think they'd just both lose out too often to 6ft3 brick shithouse league 1 defenders.

Totally this. It looks totally ineffective the few times we've seen it.

There's a reason everyone looks better next to Bayo.

I actually agree with @aloysius . Height/strength does not matter, you just find a different way. The same way that Samuel or Kashket cant push a 6ft3 shithouse off the ball or beat him in the air is the same way a 6ft3 shithouse cant out do them for skill or pace. I used to play upfront on my own (I'm 5'5") and sometimes with another small guy and I preferred playing against the "lumps". Touch it past them and you're gone!