Skip to content

Playoffs?

123457»

Comments

• Surprised that there hasn't been more made of the fixtures which will see us play just twice before we host the PNL. Sadly it puts us as a disadvantage and I expect we'll head into that game having already exited the top six and our play-off dreams will disappear as quickly as Carlos Lopez in a Wycombe shirt.

• Or you on here after we've won a couple of games

• @glasshalfempty said:
    Surprised that there hasn't been more made of the fixtures which will see us play just twice before we host the PNL. Sadly it puts us as a disadvantage and I expect we'll head into that game having already exited the top six and our play-off dreams will disappear as quickly as Carlos Lopez in a Wycombe shirt.

Life must be a real struggle for you.

• @eric_plant said:
    Or you on here after we've won a couple of games

Put those claws away!

• @Malone said:

@glasshalfempty said:
    Surprised that there hasn't been more made of the fixtures which will see us play just twice before we host the PNL. Sadly it puts us as a disadvantage and I expect we'll head into that game having already exited the top six and our play-off dreams will disappear as quickly as Carlos Lopez in a Wycombe shirt.

Life must be a real struggle for you.

Haha! Yes.

• @glasshalfempty said:

Don't forget we've got the prestigious B & B semi final!

• @mooneyman It's fine but it's not the London Senior Cup.

• St Albans got to the final of the London Senior Club in 1969/70 so perhaps we should try and enter next season. Woking have also got to the final in the past.

• Coventry beat Sunderland, the best result for us.

• Ipswich down in 9th, Doesn't seem that long since our top of the table clash.

• Those around us have hard games coming up as well. Still in our hands and odd results will get thrown up here and there.

• Evidently we'll have to improve to finish in the play-offs, but having it in our own hands is massive. I'm just really worried about our defence at the moment, looked to be edging towards previous levels v Bolton and Tranmere (ok, poor sides, but still) but was at sixes and sevens yesterday. Unpopular opinion I know, but I would still bring Grimmer back in and restore the back four which took us on that record-breaking clean sheet run.

• edited March 2020

It would be hard not to play Grimmer if he's back to full fitness. I imagine McCarthy will slot in at centre back and we'll rotate between him, Stewart and Charles. I also think this two-week break will give Stockdale a chance to regain match fitness and cement his place in the side for the run-in.

• Stewart will play every minute for the rest of the season as long as he's fit, but you'd imagine McCarthy will come in for Charles when needed - which may or be the Coventry game. Stockdale absolutely has to come back in, should have done for the Bolton game.

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Coventry beat Sunderland, the best result for us.

Was superb seeing them celebrate their 'goal' wasn't it?

• Complete with prematurely let off pyro!

• @chairboyscentral said:
    Complete with prematurely let off pyro!

that was superb. a metaphor I would suggest