Skip to content

Playoffs?

Comments

• Sadly, some folk will always take every result/performance in isolation as if it’s of more significance than the bigger picture and where we stand in the table.

• You really need to leave the Facebook asylum to the lunatics @glasshalffull

• But there are some sensible people on there, Floyd and they deserve support.

• i need a filter that just shows me them!

• Would that were possible.

• I rarely visit the FB page, but cannot say I've seen much ranting and raving. Am I looking in the wrong place?

• I've heard there's two fb groups. One an unfiltered cacophony of drones, and one a tranquil paradise. Invitation only. Drone army members need not apply.

• I rarely go on FB, but happened to go on last night, only to see them having a dig at the Gasroom. I think it was something like "a bunch of self-righteous old men who think they own the club". Technically, any trust member IS still a part of club ownership. Secondly, how far have we fallen if FB are looking down on us?

• Sounds like a variation of ‘ok boomer,’ to me.

• It's a shame that a handful of people who are essentially utter morons, dominate that FB group and shout down anyone trying to make reasoned points. I'm only still on there because you often get decent crowd-shot videos of goals and the very occasional snippet of reliable gossip, but it's generally a dreadful place and most of the good posters have given up.

Despite the anonymity of the Gasroom, and a few ongoing personal feuds, it's a far more civilised and positive place.

• Try saying that to my face on match day @MindlessDrugHoover !!

• Also, the Gasroom has a much better layout. Facebook is like a shifting maze, where the thread you just looked at has decided to disappear, or relocate nine doors down.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Try saying that to my face on match day @MindlessDrugHoover !!

Which one?

• @Wendoverman said:

I've a feeling you sit just along from me so I'll come and do that. There will be limbs. Crisps will be spilled. Old men will end up clutching their hearts and needing a good sit down.

• @Cyclops said:

@Wendoverman said:

Which one?

Any one. At home. No Daytripping.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Wendoverman said:

I've a feeling you sit just along from me so I'll come and do that. There will be limbs. Crisps will be spilled. Old men will end up clutching their hearts and needing a good sit down

Here's hoping you get the wrong crisp eating ancient @MindlessDrugHoover . I'll have me phone ready to film the arthritic limbs! :smile:

• There's way many posts where someone says something idiotic...realises from the replies. Then pretends they were "fishing".

Some fool said he'd "heard" Fred was out due his..get this...appendixes (plural) keep "going".

• Surely it's appendi

• @Cyclops said:

@Wendoverman said:

Which one?

I think he (or she) meant ‘face’ rather than ‘match day’, which if so made me chuckle

• @bookertease said:

@Cyclops said:

@Wendoverman said:

Which one?

I think he (or she) meant ‘face’ rather than ‘match day’, which if so made me chuckle

Too clever by half.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Surely it's appendi

Appendices isn't it

• There is some self righteous men on here though... they got that right

• @HolmerBlue said:
    There is some self righteous men on here though... they got that right

First rule of forums is that if you can't even be spellz grammar and right order in, then ...I forget the rest.

• edited February 2020

@glasshalffull said:
    Incidentally, whilst the defeat at MK was obviously a setback, it’s worth noting that in recent weeks they have beaten Oxford and Portsmouth and drawn away to Coventry. Put into context, perhaps last week’s defeat wasn’t quite the end-of-the-world scenario being painted by some fans on the FB page.
    Thank goodness for the more thoughtful, measured approach of most Gasroom posters.

Since it's late on Friday night and I may not be experiencing quite the standard ratio of blood to alcohol levels, I feel emboldened to ask if there will ever be an occasion when one of your posts expressing positivity about something will not be tempered by some form of passive criticism of something else.

• If you had bothered to read the entire thread, you would have realised that my post was in response to someone else referring to the hysterical levels of abuse on the FB page following the defeat at MK Dons.

• Thank you Alan!

• I bothered to read the whole thread.

I'll take it as a "no".

• @Wendoverman said:

@MindlessDrugHoover said:

@Wendoverman said:

I've a feeling you sit just along from me so I'll come and do that. There will be limbs. Crisps will be spilled. Old men will end up clutching their hearts and needing a good sit down

Here's hoping you get the wrong crisp eating ancient @MindlessDrugHoover . I'll have me phone ready to film the arthritic limbs! :smile:

I'm certain you sit just along from me @Wendoverman, I'll raise your salt & vinegar with a bag of cheese & onion, Lidl ones of course, wouldn't dream of wasting a rare bag of Walkers. :-)