Skip to content

Trust meeting postponed

Comments

• Give it up, Kelly let’s everyone know who is first on the rsvp list

• “let’s” ? Kelly? rsvp list? Shouldn’t have checked latest posts before turning in! What a mad world. Goodnight.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Harman has fucked this up for the club - I hope everybody is happy now and Id rather be in the southern league than allow him anywhere near the club !!!

If it meant getting rid of you, I would be very tempted?

• Who the heck is Kelly?

• Kelly Francis

• @glasshalffull said:

@ChasHarps said:
    Maybe you should come up with a new name, so we might not realise it's you.
    Here's a suggestion, 'Free meal Parry'.

The fact that you have to resort to personal insults and (by the way) an incorrect accusation says a great deal about you as a person.

Your starting to become the oldest snowflake in town.
    Maybe the Hemel illusionist is a less insulting name.

• Let’s concentrate on the football for now and we can sort this investment strategy when we are safe from the drop.
    What we really need to know, as soon as is practical, is whether the Americans have lost interest or not.

• lost interest?

They've "caught the Wycombe bug" remember and want to "be a part of the journey"

• Kelly? This is all getting a bit obscure for me!

• Kelly Francis. Club secretary. A few say she is the ring master !

• So are to we believe that this Kelly is indiscreet enough to be letting out information on who is on the free diners list?

Is she also letting slip information to this Marlow chair chap?

• I had that wycombe bug once played havoc with me hard drive.

• Before this gets out of hand, I want to say that a) I do not get ‘free dinners’ at WWFC and b) Kelly is one of the best secretaries the club has ever had and the sole of discretion when it comes to confidentiality. So, can we please put this innuendo to bed.

• Thank goodness for that.

• Sad to see this infighting between WWFC supporters when in reality we all want what is best for the club.
    Rather than this utter rubbish, why don’t we put our joint ideas to good use and try and come up with an alternative/backup finance and operating plan to the postponed American proposal.
    If we have 1,200 Trust members then why not put together an investment plan that all us members can contribute towards.
    Let us call a Legacy/Trust meeting to fully assess the debt position and put an alternative funding plan in place.
    While we argue we are losing time when we should be concentrating on a plan B.
    Let us not wait to be told what happens next but let us be pro-active and get our elected representatives to organise an extraordinary General Meeting to fully scope these opportunities in an open information environment.

• edited April 2019

Normally @glasshalffull , I might playfully speculate whether the "sole of discretion" was the fish course on one of the dinners or wonder whether "putting it to bed" is the best way to kill off innuendo but frankly I don't have the heart for it today.

I have never understood why some people get so excited by personal abuse and negativity. I much prefer @Blue_since_1990 positivity even if frankly I find it hard to see how 1200 people can find a way to fund a £600k annual gap.

If things really are darkest just before dawn, expect sunrise any moment.

• edited April 2019

£600,000 between 1,200 people is only £500 a year each.
    So it's not beyond the realms of possibilities, bearing in mind some will have loads more wad they could put in, to cover for those who don't.

However, it's obviously not a great way to operate repeatedly.

• @Blue_since_1990 this would require quite a change in emphasis in how the club is run.

"You watch the football, we'll run the club" was quite an explicit message and I'm not saying it was the wrong one, but it is quite clear what the stance on Trust member involvement in decision making/ideas is and I don't expect this to change.

• Personal attacks only weaken the quality of any debate. Resorting to abuse, implied or overt tends to undermine any arguments you make, which was (and to some extent still is) always my problem with how Marlow presented his facts/rumours.

The vast majority of us on here are genuine Wycombe supporters who care deeply about our club and its future. We can have different views about what we think may be best but please lets air those openly to allow reasonable discussion on their validity. Shooting the poster down over this or that perceived flaw is unhelpful at best.

• I cant honestly see people being willing/able to afford an average of £500 each, sadly.

On a more positive note, Hause seems to be doing well at Villa (hopefully injury at weekend not to bad) so if we have a sellon, possibly a windfall to at least pay off some debt over the summer.

I imagine if Cardiff get relegated that Kadeem Harris will stay with them.

• @DevC said:
    Normally @glasshalffull , I might playfully speculate whether the "sole of discretion" was the fish course on one of the dinners or wonder whether "putting it to bed" is the best way to kill off innuendo but frankly I don't have the heart for it today.

I have never understood why some people get so excited by personal abuse and negativity. I much prefer @Blue_since_1990 positivity even if frankly I find it hard to see how 1200 people can find a way to fund a £600k annual gap.

If things really are darkest just before dawn, expect sunrise any moment.

Dev, I’d like to blame predictive text but I have to hold my hand up and say that the sole mistake was all down to me!
    Agree about the personal abuse (and you suffer it more than most).

• @bookertease said:
    Personal attacks only weaken the quality of any debate. Resorting to abuse, implied or overt tends to undermine any arguments you make, which was (and to some extent still is) always my problem with how Marlow presented his facts/rumours.

The vast majority of us on here are genuine Wycombe supporters who care deeply about our club and its future. We can have different views about what we think may be best but please lets air those openly to allow reasonable discussion on their validity. Shooting the poster down over this or that perceived flaw is unhelpful at best.

What a brilliant post, I agree with every word.

• So perhaps ppl can stop sniping at ghf aswell

• @TrueBlu said:
    So perhaps ppl can stop sniping at ghf

Who or what is ghf? For all I know, I could be sniping at it / them.

• @TrueBlu said:
    Kelly Francis. Club secretary. A few say she is the ring master !

That was one heck of a promotion party!

• @LX1 said:

@TrueBlu said:
    Kelly Francis. Club secretary. A few say she is the ring master !

That was one heck of a promotion party!

Indeed.some reputations were ruined that night.

• More fun than being ruined on the social media I daresay!