Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

1235»

Comments

• Would it be okay to hiss rather than boo?

• Probably best limited to the Christmas/New Year matches. I’m all for chanting “on the deck, on the deck, on the deck” though.

• Don't think I've ever booed my own team, but I also can't get quite as angry as so many around me do when we play badly. I don't understand the mindset required to pay over twenty quid to get wound up to the brink of a heart attack.

• I think it's very upsetting for the officials to hear 'You don't know what you're doing' or 'S*** referee...' or 'Keep up lino!' and may impact on their decision making. We really should try to stamp it out. (See also...'Back in your box...' and 'Sit down shut up...' I've seen managers tearing up...)

• edited March 2019

@micra , still probably better than Alan Hutchy back in the day, who refused to tell you what had actually happened until 3-4 mins later.

Although he did provide the best live soundbite of all time threatening to assault some northern wretch near the end of a game.

• Hutch's finest moment - the game at Maine Road, wasn't it? Can't remember the exact wording but something along the lines of 'if you take one step closer you'll get a size 10 in your face.'

• Does CotN have an archive recording of it?

• There's a transcript in Small Town Dreams