Skip to content

Match day thread: Peterborough

BSEBSE
edited March 2019 in Football

Comments

• Good luck to all travelling chairboys and girls. Happy hunting. Please upset fergie

• Equalize before they score etc etc.

• Chance of our first double of the season?

• Confirmed: @B10OMFIELD makes his 500th professional appearance!

Two changes as Samuel and Freeman come in.

Wycombe: Allsop, McCarthy, Jacobson, Stewart, Jombati, Gape, Thompson, Bloomfield, Freeman, Samuel, Akinfenwa. #PETvWYC pic.twitter.com/DQ5zTwklM5

— Wycombe Wanderers (@wwfcofficial) March 2, 2019

Yves and Bolton back on the bench along with Bean, Kashket, PCH, Tyson, and Harriman.

• Is that going to be 4-4-2 folks? (No time for a postcard.)

• I really hope that Bloomfield proves me wrong, but I just don't see how he is going to have a positive impact, particularly against a side that like to play possession football. If he plays in that forward of a diamond role, he will be chasing shadows again.

• I think he might surprise you @EwanHoosaami. Certainly hope so!

• I think he's most effective against a team that tries to play possession football.

• Oh dear oh dear. Hadn't scored in 11 games, then score 2 in 3 mins. The league table looks less appealing every week

• Call me defeatist. I’m off to watch the run fest in the Caribbean.

• 2-1 now. OG.

• One back already, albeit courtesy of Posh.

• 2 early wickets. @micra will be back very soon, muttering to Mrs Micra something along the lines of "call me defeatist, I'm off to listen to the goal fest in Cambridgeshire..."

• The old boys having a good go, much better all round since

• Leaking goals, not scoring goals, and another tough fixture on the way... but at least Bloomfield has made 500 games, we have a goalkeeper who can't kick straight, Stewart is back in the team, and we're persisting with a formation that hasn't been working for a while.

I'm feeling positive!

• Blimey, what a ding dong match.

• Nice surprise from Blooms.

• How do you feel about Bloomfield's goal, @chapmanio?

• Leaking goals, scoring goals, and another tough fixture on the way... but at least Bloomfield has made 500 games and is scoring goals.

I'm feeling positive!

• That's more like it... :-)

• @LeedsBlue I always want him to do well, and before his injury he was playing well - but I'm still not sure he's the answer to our current problems.

• Peterborough must be right up there in goals per game over the last 5 years.

Looks like we're doing well to stay in it.

• Allsop has been truly awful.
    Freeman our MOM by a distance.
    Maddison outstanding for them.
    Everyone else pretty dire, though Blooms is getting into some good positions. We are lucky to still be in with a shout at HT

• I hope I'm proved wrong in the second half and look a right twit come 5 o' clock and I recognise someone had to make some serious financial decisions before the end of the January window, but wonder if people assumed we were safe enough and could afford to offload both a few loanees and a couple of the high earners. Our form since we lost Fred, Randell, CMS et al has been atrocious. Fred in particular has been a huge loss.

• Huge indeed. Hardly gets a look-in at the New Den. Hope he may return next season (though someone on here reckoned he was on a sizeable wage at Millwall).

• You do understand that loan players can be recalled by the club that holds their contract, I presume?

• No, I'm so thick I hadn't realised that. Thank goodness you're here to educate me.

• We didn’t return Bryn, Fred and Randell by choice and I doubt whether anyone was thinking we were “safe”. It’s the economy.........