Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    Very revealing that none of these Plymouth fans who have so much to say about time wasting won’t address the point about MrAdams’ tactical use of ball boys.

I answered this at 11:28 this morning. Page 5 2/3 the way down the page.

• @Lloyd2084 said:
    I remember when my son and I went down early for the playoff game to take the time to wander around the local historic sites. His grandfather grew up in the town and I thought it would be nice for him to see some of the sites his gran

dfather had often described. He was 8 at the time and whilst we enjoyed some naval curiosities, his abiding memory is of that of an old man leaning out of a speeding car screaming ‘Wycombe C&!t’ in the middle of the afternoon.

@Lloyd2084 said:
    At him I might add. I wasn’t in colours.

Sorry your boy had to witness the worst of our city.

It’s never nice having this type of behaviour thrown back and I hope this is the type of moron that doesn’t go to Home Park. Sadly, on reflection if it isn’t him it would be a different moron.

• @Adethegreen said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Very revealing that none of these Plymouth fans who have so much to say about time wasting won’t address the point about MrAdams’ tactical use of ball boys.

I answered this at 11:28 this morning. Page 5 2/3 the way down the page.

I don’t think you did answer it. You made a generic point about time wasting but I am left wondering why you are so critical of Wycombe’s ‘game management’ when your own manager appears to condone it for your team. Also, you say that feigning injury should be banned and there should be punishment for those attempting it. Who will decide if an injury is real or fake?The referee? The opposition physio? Fans like you sitting in the stands? You seem pretty convinced that Wycombe players were feigning injury yesterday but how can you possibly be so certain?

• edited January 2019

I absolutely answered it when I said it’s not right. What am I supposed to do except that. If you want to answer all your game management ways with the one about Adams taking off ball boys fine. You’ll accept that unless you read about it you or Carlisle wouldn’t have known about it.

Your answer of course is, “okay, we cheat but so does everyone else”. I agree with you but it doesn’t stop your cheating either does it?

• I never said anything about Wycombe players feigning injury.

• Plymouth fans really are completely deluded, at least Bristol Rovers fans accepted for awful they were. I'll be shocked if Plymouth aren't right on the relegation scrap come the end of the season as they were truly dreadful, their only threat was a punt to Ladapo who was lucky to stay on the pitch.

If you don't want time taken out of the game when you're losing, maybe don't go flying in with elbows or late challenges.

Enjoy having a miserable bang average manager with zero class, I'm sure his total football will be a consolation on your way back down to league 2.

• We’ve accepted Howard we were. Accept you guys are cheats.

• Still bleating ffs take a look at yourself and move on

• Do you not the> @Adethegreen said:

We’ve accepted Howard we were. Accept you guys are cheats.

I thought you weren’t accusing Wycombe players of play acting?

• This feeling a bit tired now. Time to call a close?

• I agree HC Blue but at least it makes a pleasant (?) change from debating investment offers/Trust board matters!

• In that regard, this is perhaps the land of the blind.

• 97 minutes. One shot on goal from a proud upstanding skilful footballing team managed by a stable genius. I would rather be relegated playing one touch football like sportsmen than...oh hang on. No I wouldn't.

• @HCblue said:
    In that regard, this is perhaps the land of the blind.

But which of the one eyed men will be king?

• @th100 said:
    Generally good natured responses, until one of our morons comes along with this ?‍♂️...

The absolute state of that flag on his Twitter bio. Every club has fans they're ashamed of.

• The more I look at that flag, the more I think we should resurrect the Howard Jones banner idea.

• @glasshalffull said:

@HCblue said:
    In that regard, this is perhaps the land of the blind.

But which of the one eyed men will be king?

All of us.

• That flag looks like something you'd see at an EDL rally, I really didn't think any of our contingent exhibited anything like that

• That flag looks like something enthusiastic teenagers might carry around. Nothing to see here.

• That’s something of an over reaction. I assume that you’re referring to the bottom half of the flag which has a badge worn by the England football team and a slogan that is widely used around Remembrance Sunday. Why is that so offensive? And for the record, his post certainly was offensive.

• @th100 said:
    That flag looks like something you'd see at an EDL rally, I really didn't think any of our contingent exhibited anything like that

What an embarrassing comment.

• Tbh... am I missing something? What's wrong with the flag ? It's our national flag which we should all be proud of... a remembrance picture which is nothing to be ashamed of, our club badge and a picture of GA ....

• No interest in further input into the game, we had our fun and the points.

The idiot on twitter can take a couple of months off without any complaints. Or just do one.

• It's the worst flag I've ever seen

• Can you explain why?

• @glasshalffull Perhaps that was an overreaction, it's just that the displaying of Remembrance Day symbolism all-year round has become associated with the recent rise in nationalist sentiment - I'm not saying that's the case with this particular flag, hopefully I'm just reading too much into it.

• Thanks for your polite reply and explanation.

• I don't mind the flag so much, it is what the bloke on the left of picture might be up to with his left hand that bothers me.

• I think it's because so many Plymouth Argyle fans get their knickers in such a twist that makes victories like yesterday's taste just that little bit sweeter.

• @th100 said:
    That flag looks like something you'd see at an EDL rally, I really didn't think any of our contingent exhibited anything like that

EDL use the St George's cross so now it's unacceptable for any fan to use it. That would b most of the England fans then?
    Would you like to reconsider that post?