Skip to content

Match day thread: Coventry

Comments

• Oh if we could only go back to last season when we won every game playing scintillating football and Facebook, Trevor and Richie were united in their praise of players and manager!!

• As for the drummer...i quite like it but I am halfway across the beechdean at the back.

• @Wendoverman said:
    As for the drummer...i quite like it but I am halfway across the beechdean at the back.

He seems a nice lad, Her Indoors has passed the odd comment with him and says the same. I have no problem with his drumming and getting the support going. We aren’t great for vocal support at home after all and without him the place might indeed become a library.

“Since I was young...”

• @Manboobs said:

@Wendoverman said:
    As for the drummer...i quite like it but I am halfway across the beechdean at the back.

He seems a nice lad, Her Indoors has passed the odd comment with him and says the same. I have no problem with his drumming and getting the support going. We aren’t great for vocal support at home after all and without him the place might indeed become a library.

“Since I was young...”

I let him know what you said .he mite have look on the gas room he has seen what people have said . And he is really appreciated what people are saying about him.

• I've no problem at all with the drummer... and like others have said, if it's getting too much just move a bit further away

• Which drummer are you all referring to? Aren't there two? I like the one who has a habit of drumming topless as his enthusiasm is quite infectious and his performance certainly adds to the atmosphere. Though I will admit to being a tad jealous of his six pack. Maybe I should take up drumming too...

• @aloysius said:
    Which drummer are you all referring to? Aren't there two? I like the one who has a habit of drumming topless as his enthusiasm is quite infectious and his performance certainly adds to the atmosphere. Though I will admit to being a tad jealous of his six pack. Maybe I should take up drumming too...

I let him know Hahahah . Thanks for the kind words let’s hope he continues what he doing because he just amazing to watch and with out him I don’t know where the club would be with out him let’s all Back him and the team

• this is all very surreal

• My mate says that Bluey the Swan is the greatest mascot of all time

• Oops posted that using the wrong account....

• No meet me and Watford Gap services and you can give me the training ground readies there

• Sorry that was meant to be a PM

• I thought we were meeting at Trowell services?

• Sorry that was meant to be a PM. How do I delete my post?

• My spidey-sense says there is suspicion that uptheblues is the drummer himself. What a dramatic turn this thread has taken!

• edited October 2018

@Shev , think you're onto something there son

On another note, I wondered about this post below.
    We won that game because we played well. Not because of what a drummer or chanters were doing.

@uptheblues said:

keep going with same song who know we might win. Look when we played Burton we got win because of youths up top kept it going.

• This is me by the way the actual drummer uptheblues is my mate so if you got problem speak to me

• Ah hi, @wycombedrummer9. Welcome to the Gasroom.

• @HCblue said:
    Ah hi, @wycombedrummer9. Welcome to the Gasroom.

Hi hc blue

• A question occurs in a quiet moment while I should be marking some books before the week starts: there was a home game last season, just after Luton away as I recall, when you were in the family stand. Why was that?!

• @wycombedrummer9 is it true that young ones go up to you?

• From the last home game, in my lofty Frank Adams location, I observed two things.

The drummer inexplicably seemed to be shirtless, despite wet and cold conditions.
    He had a whole bunch of kids going ape sh!T to the beat of his drum.

• @wycombedrummer9 said:
    This is me by the way the actual drummer uptheblues is my mate so if you got problem speak to me

I've got quite a heavy painting I need to hang up. I don't know which drill bit to use for my rawl plug. Can you help?

• The Mayor was dumb, and the Club Board stood
    As if they were changed into blocks of wood,
    Unable to move a step or cry,
    To the children merrily skipping by--
    And could only follow with the eye
    That joyous crowd at the Drummer’s back.
    But how the Mayor was on the rack
    And the wretched board member’s bosoms beat,
    As the Drummer turned from the High Street
    To where the Wye rolled its water’s
    Right in the way of their sons and daughters!

• edited October 2018

@wycombedrummer9 said:
    This is me by the way the actual drummer uptheblues is my mate so if you got problem speak to me

@OxfordBlue said:

@wycombedrummer9 said:

I've got quite a heavy painting I need to hang up. I don't know which drill bit to use for my rawl plug. Can you help?

My neighbour keeps parking in my allotted space...how should I approach this thorny issue without causing any on-going bad feeling?

• @Wendoverman said:
    @wycombedrummer9 said:

@OxfordBlue said:

@wycombedrummer9 said:

My neighbour keeps parking in my allotted space...how should I approach this thorny issue without causing any on-going bad feeling?

Have you tried shitting on his bonnet?

Hopefully the drummer has a better idea.

• @OxfordBlue I refer you to the last part of my predicament. I fear your solution however satisfying in the short-term might not be a long-term answer. I await the drummer's response.

• At least with our drummer friend, his "come and talk to me" isn't said with a vaguely threatening undertone like some of our beloved drone army

• @Wendoverman Wait til he/she is asleep, then sneak into their house. Paint everything that is white, black, and everything that is black, paint white. When they wake up they will think they are a negative.

• I don't know you ask a drummer a simple question and it all starts to get witless. Perhaps @DevC was right all along.