Skip to content

Food and beverage

Comments

• Shame we couldn't make it work ourselves and keep the full proceeds for the Club, however, I hope things will drastically improve.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Shame we couldn't make it work ourselves and keep the full proceeds for the Club, however, I hope things will drastically improve.

To make it work ourselves would have required a full time food and beverage manager on £30k pa, this way that money goes to playing staff, we get better food and there is still a small profit for the bottom line. As ‘win win’ as a club with our turnover operating at the current level can expect I would imagine.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Shame we couldn't make it work ourselves and keep the full proceeds for the Club, however, I hope things will drastically improve.

To make it work ourselves would have required a full time food and beverage manager on £30k pa, this way that money goes to playing staff, we get better food and there is still a small profit for the bottom line. As ‘win win’ as a club with our turnover operating at the current level can expect I would imagine.

I thought we had one, either way the food offering has been rubbish for years, if these guys can improve it there's money to be made for them and us.

• This is great news for those like me who cringe at the options,service and standard on offer currently and have for a long time. I’m looking forward to enjoying a decent bite to eat and hot tea.

But my main worry about it all was the financial missed opportunity we were experiencing due to the poor operations and offer in our Food and beverage.

This is clearly reported as being a profit share. We provide,maintain,repair and service the equipment,power,gas,water...they come in and order the right product and produce, get it prepared and served properly, and take half the profit margin,

Whoever has been paid to sort this out over recent years has failed and we have handed half our profit to someone who knows what they are doing to come in and get it sorted.sorry if that’s harsh but as a trust member I am within my rights to be upset at this.

• I know the financials dictate (cue Dev) but it always disheartens me just how bland and characterless the life of League 1 and 2 clubs has to be sometimes.

Food and beverage is one of the few areas where a bit of creativity or signs of life can show through, and my general experience is people love it when they see it - off the top of my head Kidderminster's cottage pies, Bedford's home made pastries and cup cakes, Forest Green's Q Burgers, etc etc. I swear when Southall were at Chalfont people only went there for the Indian cuisine.

But no, we'll have the same as Barnsley, Stoke, Carlisle and others - probably the right thing to do if the alternative is not selling tea, etc

• The utter shambles in the vere suite , lukewarm tea stale bread , huge line in terrace end of Beechdean stand today is actually worse than ever . Giving the benefit of the doubt I can only assume the new arrangements are not yet in place

• Half time family stand had no sweets or chocolate. Frank Adams ran out of chips and 20 minute wait for Dairy Milk only. Not endorsing the diet but come on - money for old rope!! And why not pour the teas before half time - the numpties could barely get the foil off the cups ....

• Both lagers off in the Vere. Not great!

• New arrangement does not kick in till this coming week I understand

• I'd guess so, menus were unchanged

• I had my breakfast at 8am, drove to the ground and got nothing. And imagine my shock when I found that Tuck-In on Desborough Road is no more. Thankfully the New Garden fish bar is still going strong.

• £3.50 in change given in 10 and 5ps. Shambles!

• Nipped down to the terrace bar while the head injury was being treated. Lucky it took so long: five minutes to serve five people. Were behind on cooked orders. Also seemed shorter-staffed than usual. My imagination, don't frequent the place every game, but did the staff have new shirts today?

• I raised the issues with > @AlanCecil said:

New arrangement does not kick in till this coming week I understand

Good to know Alan but is it the case that it only relates to kiosks?

If so , why do we appear to have given up so badly today on bars ? Not even lager in the vere suite etc

We have given up of any hope our current paid general manager and F&B staff can adequately deliver any semblance of reasonable offering so have cut kiosks and our claim to 100% of profits adrift.

While we rely on the same leadership to try and run a half decent bar on a busy and potentially profitable derby match....

I actually really feel for the board and chairman, they must be very angry and embarrassed that their voluntary hard work is let down by people they have entrusted and pay handsomely to provide a basic standard service and profit centre.

I’m sorry but after today’s debacle and sitting through a meeting this week being told we just can’t make enough revenue and profit to keep going under full trust ownership model,I’m
    Absolutely fuming at the incompetency we displayed today as a club off pitch

• If that was the last of the current kiosk regime it really went out in a horrible slow way. No stock, slow service and very little in terms of energy at all.

I really do worry about the clubs cash position as I fear the lack of beer, food and soft drinks may be a credit issue with a supplier rather than actual incompetence as our resident incompetence alerter is trying to add to his growing list.

• @marlowchair said:
    I raised the issues with > @AlanCecil said:

If so , why do we appear to have given up so badly today on bars ? Not even lager in the vere suite etc

We have given up of any hope our current paid general manager and F&B staff can adequately deliver any semblance of reasonable offering so have cut kiosks and our claim to 100% of profits adrift.

While we rely on the same leadership to try and run a half decent bar on a busy and potentially profitable derby match....

I actually really feel for the board and chairman, they must be very angry and embarrassed that their voluntary hard work is let down by people they have entrusted and pay handsomely to provide a basic standard service and profit centre.

I’m sorry but after today’s debacle and sitting through a meeting this week being told we just can’t make enough revenue and profit to keep going under full trust ownership model,I’m

Is there anything about WWFC that you actually enjoy?

• @glasshalffull said:

@marlowchair said:
    I raised the issues with > @AlanCecil said:

Is there anything about WWFC that you actually enjoy?

Completely agree with Marlowchair. It’s a massive loss of revenue the way it’s been run. Such piss poor management.

• edited September 2018

Never normally buy food or drink, as 1) I'm a tightwad, and 2) I believe an adult should be able to go a couple of hours without needing either.

But anyway Frank Adams Stand, down just before half time, "no chips" with an arrow to the next kiosk.
    As some guy wandered off there, the young lad, and I mean young, if he was 16 I'd be surprised, said there were no chips anywhere.

Now i'd gone safe. Tea. Can't go wrong with a tea, (although I swear the young lad wasn't going to remember to take the money until I reminded him!) , but how can you have no chips at a game?!

• Being charitable, I'd like to think they were running down the stock today before handing over to the new people next week.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    If that was the last of the current kiosk regime it really went out in a horrible slow way. No stock, slow service and very little in terms of energy at all.

I really do worry about the clubs cash position as I fear the lack of beer, food and soft drinks may be a credit issue with a supplier rather than actual incompetence as our resident incompetence alerter is trying to add to his growing list.

Didn't Trevor say the other day that we couldn't even get a credit line at the cash and carry?

• He was clear in talking about 5 years ago,not now.

• Young lad in the Frank Adams actually asked me if I wanted milk in my Bovril!
    New catering regime can't come quick enough.

• @HCblue said:
    Being charitable, I'd like to think they were running down the stock today before handing over to the new people next week.

Seems likely, no hot dogs either, unfortunately they did have a very chewy burger, only queued up as I thought it might have changed.

• Girl in the family stand kiosk told me the lack of chocolate bars was down to the supplier changeover from next match.

Intrigued what the new regime will bring...

• Yes it was bad today, I put it down to the new caterers coming onboard Tuesday. No cheese just burgers......

• edited September 2018

@EssexWanderer said:
    Girl in the family stand kiosk told me the lack of chocolate bars was down to the supplier changeover from next match.

Intrigued what the new regime will bring...

Seems Legit given they haven’t had sufficient stock for months

This theory of running stock down doesn’t explain why the bars and beer are so terribly below average as they at not part of the giveaway, sorry , I mean partnership

• It’s a massive derby gate and the catering was worse than the Isthmian days ......

• No real ale after the game, just bottles.

• I saw our general manager arsing about pitch side with some guests. I think perhaps as his job title implies he could have been trying to do something about the shambles at the kiosks instead of lining people up for selfies with bodger.

• @Morris_Ital said:
    I saw our general manager arsing about pitch side with some guests. I think perhaps as his job title implies he could have been trying to do something about the shambles at the kiosks instead of lining people up for selfies with bodger.

Were these guests members of a consortium? Perhaps getting up close and personal with Bodger is the fun that they crave from football investement?