Skip to content

Jason McCarthy on a 3 year deal!

1235»

Comments

• You might not regard this as a compliment coming from me Wendoverman but I enjoy your posts and hope that they continue in the same style. I can’t say the same of some other posters, however.

• edited August 2018

@glasshalffull cheers. I take praise where I can get it. I'll still be around.

• @Trevor, if i completely ignored all the good times and wins, and only piped up with negatives, and only when we lose, i'd expect to be called on it too.
    I've never once seen a positive post from you.

• edited August 2018

Lots of strawmen flying about.

Wendover asked a reasonable question and got, I think, a reasonable response.

Yours is an interesting propostion, @mooneyman, that one asks a question and then ignores the answer. Authority required, I think.

• @HCblue your response to me seemed to be that richie personally insulting me was acceptable because he's a bit thick and could not compete with my massive intelligence.
    Are you taking on all Strawmen? Perhaps you should just ignore a few more people and let it go then we can all enjoy a conflict free Gasroom.

• @HCblue said:
    Lots of strawmen flying about.

Wendover asked a reasonable question and got, I think, a reasonable response.

Yours is an interesting propostion, @mooneyman, that one asks a question and then ignores the answer. Authority required, I think.

Remind me of the question?

• edited August 2018

It's still in the thread, @mooneyman.

@Wendoverman: experience of you tells me you are smart enough to know that you and Richie operate on different levels. Yet you rarely let his, admittedly generally unsupported, assertions pass without some kind of challenge. I enjoy your quick-witted humour a lot of the time but you are often bitingly sarcastic when you do this.

I confess I missed the comment to which you referred when i wrote my first post. It's not a good or desirable one and I do not seek to support it. Nonetheless, I think my suggestion that you give as good as you get remains a fair one.

• Don't worry I will be letting his assertions pass from now on. He's in a safe place.

• @HCblue I've got it now, you are insinuating that Richie is thick. I think that it a totally unacceptable comment.

• Since you are not a moderator, I elect to ignore your view.

• hmmmm that's an interesting view of Richie @mooneyman

• edited August 2018

I never pictured you as “quick-witted” @Wendoverman. In my mind your humour is forged and gently and delicately crafted into shape deep in the boughs of your cellar (which I naturally assume you possess)

• Nah @bookertease no cellar in these wattle and daub new builds I scuttle about in my very limited attic space eating flies and moulding my thoughts before I commit them to the gasroom. Mainly just to derail threads about ownership models. But you're right the only thing quick about me is the stair lift.

• Objection! Stair lifts have not been referenced, Wendy.

• @Wendoverman’s posts are better than fine @mooneyman. They are like fine wine.

• Apologies @Wendoverman. Predicted text.