Skip to content

League 1 squad weaker than our League 2 squad?

Comments

• Most lower league clubs lurch from one financial crisis to the next

• Just for @trevor and @rmjlondon if it helps we seem to be favourites for relegation in most people's eyes...so you may get a good told you so season. Personally, I think they're wrong, but I hope it gives you a little warm feeling before the kick off. @marlowchair no-one seems to be mentioning how poorly run we are though...so you need to get it out there more.

• i think we will stay up just replace luke and two other signings maybe and will be fine .

• I agree with @trevor!

• I agree with arnos_grove!

• I'm optimistic by nature... I'm going for low mis table finish!!

• ..... That is if Ian Beales imminent signings materialise ???

• If you listened to GA’s interview you’d know that at least a couple of signings will not be made until later in the month when he and his staff have had a chance to assess how well things are going and are in a position to strengthen any area that they consider needs strengthening.

Having said that, it would be surprising if Tomi Adeloye is not “revealed” tomorrow.

• I’m realistic by nature...I’m going for somewhere between 7th and 20th.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Just for @trevor and @rmjlondon if it helps we seem to be favourites for relegation in most people's eyes...so you may get a good told you so season. Personally, I think they're wrong, but I hope it gives you a little warm feeling before the kick off. @marlowchair no-one seems to be mentioning how poorly run we are though...so you need to get it out there more.

I don’t need to,the pending sale will demonstrate that.

• Pending sale? Please do enlighten us.

• @micra said:
    Pending sale? Please do enlighten us.

Ask our chairman

• You made the comment. Why should I have to ask the chairman. It’s hot, I’m old and tired and I really can’t be arsed (sorry @Croider).

• @marlowchair said:

@Wendoverman said:
    Just for @trevor and @rmjlondon if it helps we seem to be favourites for relegation in most people's eyes...so you may get a good told you so season. Personally, I think they're wrong, but I hope it gives you a little warm feeling before the kick off. @marlowchair no-one seems to be mentioning how poorly run we are though...so you need to get it out there more.

I don’t need to,the pending sale will demonstrate that.

Is Trevor heading a consortium taking us over?

• Well revisiting this following this week’s activity, anyone still think it is?

• Sorry, but until we get a reserve left back in there is only one we are going and that is down.

• Thanks @Jonny_King. I needed that

• We seem to only sign players that other teams don't want. What is going on???
    I blame the board.

• More, more... I need to lose this good feeling

• Burgers are still crap.

• I think that it’s safe to say that any player you pick in an 11 you would be happy with. This may be a small squad but it’s an efficient one. It might not be a revolution from last season but it has grown up for sure.
    Bringing in a glut of new faces would have been a big mistake. McCarthy is not just a signing for this season at 22 he can be a player for many seasons to come.

• No @TheAndyGrahamFanClub sorry. Too optimistic. We're trying to dampen down enthusiasm. Though I understand 'the pending sale' will go some way towards that.

• Ahhhh bliss...

• Yeah. Let's sign a player that played for us in our worst season of the last four and who couldn't cut it in the Championship. That'll demonstrate some ambition.

• @HCblue Nice work. I was struggling to think of some negative spin but that’s a comprehensive post right there.

• if the fee is correct then I hope that @HCblue is not correct.

• McCarthy managed to win two player of the year awards in consecutive seasons with two different clubs he was on loan at.
    First with us, and then in Div 1 with Walsall where he played every game.

• We've been lied to! This article says we must have paid half a million pounds for him, where did the money come from? I think we should be told...
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/jason-mccarthy/profil/spieler/227185

• The pending sale and what it represents hasn’t changed or altered.