Skip to content

Is it just me?

Comments

• As the Punch would say, “that’s the way to do it”, @PBo.

• Omit “the”. Originally thought it was the parrot that said it and my edit missed the definite article.
    Talking crap again.

• People who arent enjoying this world cup had to have gone into it with the mentality they wouldn't enjoy it beforehand.

• I've only watched a small amount of the live TV coverage, but I have found the bits that I have seen to be more entertaining than I had anticipated; the second half of England v Panama being the exception. TV was on in the background, but I totally lost interest and was doing other stuff instead of watching or listening to it.

• It's fairly understandable the England game tailed off in the second half though, 5-0 up, as good as qualified, and in 30 degree heat it all dropped off.

• I'd imagine if you're not enjoying the world cup then you don't really like watching football

• Enjoying every minute of it

• Great to see the club showing the quarter final match along with the Kit launch on the 7th

• I'm enjoying it now!!!

• Such a flat tournament. Where's the cupsets? Oh...

• I take no pleasure at all from the sight of the World Champions going out of the competition in the group stage. No pleasure at all.

• To be fair its the first of the ten teams going through that wouldn't have been predicted by most from the start.

its a bloody good one though isn't it.

• Don’t mention the VAR!

• Excellent Ned-Ludd.

(Am I allowed to post this, or do I have to use the silly thumbs up/down thing now?)

• @DevC Please, for the sake of us all, go take your meds and have a lie down. Come back tomorrow.

• @drcongo said:
    @DevC Please, for the sake of us all, go take your meds and have a lie down. Come back tomorrow.

If you must.

• Big incentive to England to win this evening?

• I hope we will win. It will be great for this England team to go up against Brazil.

• edited June 2018

@micra - Are you sure? Assuming we top group and get through the next game, I think we get Brazil or Mexico in the quarter finals.

• @mooneyman said:
    @micra - Are you sure? Assuming we top group and get through the next game, I think we get Brazil or Mexico in the quarter finals.

Hence my question @mooneyman. My immediate reaction was in the wake of an unimpressive performance (even before those last farcical minutes) by Japan and the thought that we would probably overpower them both physically and for pace.

I now know that they had made 6 changes from their strongest lineup and also that the route on that side of the draw is arguably tougher.

I’d like to see us beat Belgium Reserves though; half an hour in that doesn’t look particularly likely and the thought of Kev coming on at some stage in the second half sends a shiver or two.

• This game is pretty dire, but I suppose unsurprisingly so.
    Tonnes of changes, and both teams have no real determination to push hard for the win.

I suppose we'll very soon be back to that sickening "threat" feel hanging over a game knowing we could go out, so try and enjoy this stress free one!

Brazil or Switzerland as a choice in a possible quarter final is a no brainer though, but you simply can't presume you'll definitely get through the next round, or that you can "engineer" a result.

• Bruce Grobbelaar might disagree.

• Disappointing to see the ITV pundits hammering the side at half time. The game's essentially a dead rubber and this is the second string of our youngest World Cup squad since the fifties. Let them make mistakes without getting on their backs.

• One or two signs of Wycombisation this half.

• Certainly a bit disjointed and a Vardy Rashford frontline was distinctly toothless.

• Missed the big man Bayo leading the line.

• Can't believe the arrogance we've shown towards a good Colombia side. It's going to be great watching Belgium roll past Japan and Mexico into the last four.

• Colombia look as good as anyone else. Though if James remains injured there's a chance.

• Yesterday's performance certainly wrote their team talk for them.