Skip to content

Match day thread: Chesterfield

Comments

• Nice one @ValleyWanderer - drinking champagne here in Denver, Colorado, myself, though at much less ungodly hour! Cheers to all you gasroomers!

• @Shev top man! Wonderful days

• Cheers @Shev and all Gasroomers!

• I know it's our day on here but can I just add my congratulations to Stanley for winning the league. Bit of a bogey team for us but solid fans and a truly magnificent performance this season. I hope they might just wobble a little bit next term!

• Well put @ValleyWanderer - they are worthy winners!

One random fact that amazes me about this season - If not for L09s unfair red card against Carlisle, we would have no sending offs all year, which is impressive (probably tempting fate for the final game now!) As it is, we are the only team with a solitary red. Still nowhere near the top of the fair play standings owing to more than our fair share of yellows (though half of those are probably Scotty's timewasting collection) but it has certainly not hurt to keep eleven on the pitch all year. And the one time we didn't...Bean happened!

• drcongo PCH's tweet is half-decent too

Which one, the initial one of the second one about Eze and Scarr? The second is pure class and Shows the recognition to all the players that came in briefly, or for an extended period, and really worked to get the club promoted.

• What a brilliant brilliant club I love you all. Great way to finish the day at AP last night.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    That should do it.

Classic !

• Sky’s League 1/League 2 goals programme credits our winner to Dominic Grape...

Completely unraisinable!

• No need to wine about it

• Sorry, I’ll tread more carefully next time.

• Reislings to be cheerful.......

• It took real bottle for Dom to smash in such a crucial goal...

• He really crushed it in

• If you were 'red and white forever' you would be really sick.

• edited April 2018

(Didn't we send him to Coventry?)

• @Glenactico said:
    It took real bottle for Dom to smash in such a crucial goal...

It was a corker

• edited April 2018

Yes @MindlessDrugHoover - I am so glad he didn't screw it up.

It can be considered a real vintage.

• @drcongo , where you to the far right of the seating, about 3/4 back?

Or were there more than 2 people in our support relaying results to the chaps in front ;)

• @ValleyWanderer I think you'll find Luton 'won' the League, Stanley just got more points.

• edited April 2018

What would make my season complete is for Nathan Jones to start talking in the third person. I'm thinking it would make for a good post match 'manager-to-manager' conversation next week.

• @Wendoverman said:
    ValleyWanderer I think you'll find Luton 'won' the League, Stanley just got more points.

Listened to that Welsh Waffle going on this morning about how "we are doing it the right way"! Can someone please tell me , "what is the right effing way"? Would love to see him get the same k early next season and gain employment at another L2 club, this time with a budget similar to ours and see if he can "do it the right way"!

• Well I think we can rule out 'doing it the right way' being defined by living within your means financially and he certainly can't claim that his side don't employ the dark arts with DDH sprawled on the turf every four minutes and his side's effective employment of 'game management'. Does he just mean by scoring lots of goals? I suppose that is the essence of the game, but then he'd have to concede that us and Accy have therefore done it the right way too, just for less cash.

• An amazing day .
    Thought bloomfield was IMMENSE .
    Great substitution by Ainsworth as i believe Paris changed the game and gave us much needed width and opened up the pitch ( we look so much better when that happens ) .
    Thought the home fans were very dignified throughout the game and backed their team very well.
    Cracking fingertip save by Brown earlier in in the game. Without that we could have gone in 2 nil down and this morning could feel oh so different.
    Great celebrations after the whistle . O9 coming into the fans was unforgettable.

Very happy daze ! !

• The deluded leek thinks he has personally crafted an orange-shirted Brazil.

• @Malone said:
    drcongo , where you to the far right of the seating, about 3/4 back?

Or were there more than 2 people in our support relaying results to the chaps in front ;)

That could describe where we were sat, if looking at the stand from the pitch.

• Some videos from yesterday, Gape's goal and post-match celebrations. Sorry about the blurry bits, not worth using the video zoom on my camera phone!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7cxxURYY191Kmz6r5

A couple of other moments not here, a cheeky copper getting a selfie with Gareth, and Bayo having what looked like a heart to heart with Nick Freeman. Nick was no doubt very disappointed not to be in the squad, but we wouldn't have got promoted without him, some very important contributions from him. I hope he starts on Saturday.

• In fact, I was sat very near to @Steve_Peart it turns out.

• @Steve_Peart thank you so much for sharing these wonderful videos. I don't think I'm going to be the only one spending the rest of the weekend watching them over and over again

• Great videos ! Mind if they are shared ?