Skip to content

Match day thread: Chesterfield

Comments

• Im gutted i couldn't be there (new born littlered) amazing scenes on twitter and sky im getting down adams park tonight

• Bottle of bubbly in the fridge, waiting for my wife to get home. There might be a little Dominic or Dominique in 9 months time.

• Fantastic, what a season, what an achievement! Really didn't expect us to go up today, with Exeter and 'Kevin Nolan' s Notts County' having winnable games. Can't wait to get to Adams Park next Saturday and give the players and Ainsworth the ovation they deserve.

• Unbelievable scenes gape capped a fantastic performance with the winner what a hero amazing celebrations

• Amazing season. What a fantastic achievement for everyone connected to the club.

Scenes at the end were a thing of absolute beauty, including the bloke that fell over and had to get stretchered off!!! Hope he's alright.

• wonder how pierre is feeling....we go up and Northampton as good as down

• Fan bloody tastic that our tactically inept manager, terrible keeper, poor quality defence, terrible unceative midfield and useless aging journeymen have won us automatic promotion without a plan B. Great news indeed. Sorry I could not make it!! Hope everyone gets back safe to cheer Alex Revell next week.

• @Wwfc2015_ probably that wycombe defence looks like it will need another CB next year.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Wwfc2015_ probably that wycombe defence looks like it will need another CB next year.

It won't be Pierre though. The cobblers will want money for him that we don't have.

• A truly fantastic achievement - well done to all at the club. Next season will be another huge challenge.

• @TheNixonTapes said:
    A truly fantastic achievement - well done to all at the club. Next season will be another huge challenge.

Believe! The Blues are staying up!

• That was insane!!!!!!

Will digest all the views later, but my personal shout-outs today, in no particular order, are Blooms, CMS and PCH - different game from the moment he came on.

But that's just probably harsh on the rest. Well done "team", amazing scenes at the end!!!!

• Am I right in thinking Bloomfield was exactly the opposite of the player @rmjlondon was describing last week? He'll need all the facts when he gets back from his Saturday job.

• Well done to GA and the squad for a tremendous achievement.
    Are we favourites for relegation in 2019 yet?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Am I right in thinking Bloomfield was exactly the opposite of the player rmjlondon was describing last week? He'll need all the facts when he gets back from his Saturday job.

Richie bunked off work today and was last seen downing a celebratory Ribena at Kenilworth Road at about 5.00.

• edited April 2018

Great to see the reactions on Twitter from past players as well. Great day for the club!

• Forgot to say, hope the fan getting medical treatment on the pitch during the celebrations is ok

• The fire in Paris’ eyes when he came on was a joy to behold. Let’s not forget Brownie’s incredible save in the first half too. Could have all been so different.

• Fitting that we clinched away from home, as our away form is the main reason we are going up. Only four losses, none, by more than one goal.

• edited April 2018

Paris joyously lifting up CMS into the air after the latter had worked hard to win a corner (may have been the one we scored from) was a highlight. For a player who was reportedly sulking and had fallen out with GA he certainly didn’t look that way today

• Will the players be at the party later?

• Got up at 7am in LA to watch this; definitely worth the early start, unbelievable performance and well deserved from what I’ve watched over the season. Roll on next year!!

• @bigred87 said:
    Will the players be at the party later?

I imagine they will as they'll all be on the team bus arriving back at the ground

• @Glenactico said:
    I imagine they will as they'll all be on the team bus arriving back at the ground

It will be a top night. Our barman in Dronfield, just north of today is a Chesterfield season ticket holder. Poor lad, dropping out of the league.

• I think we should run that "is it more exciting to go up via the play-offs than away at Chesterfield?" poll again...

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I think we should run that "is it more exciting to go up via the play-offs than away at Chesterfield?" poll again...

Today was glorious. Simply glorious. To be there with the faithful, the die-hards, the loyal supporters, the singers, the drummer, the eccentrics and the crazies. It’s days like today that make it all worthwhile.

• Beautiful beautiful scenes. What a day. Paris lifting up CMS when he won that late corner was priceless. Likewise, I hope the lad who was struggling on the pitch is ok. Massive shouts for Matty Bloomfield, Tyson and CMS today, and so happy for Dom Gape that he scored the goal to seal it. Back to York for me, wish I could be at AP instead!

• Bloomfield was amazing today.

• Yeh that was his one in 5 game but thank god for that !!!