Skip to content

Bayo Injury

Comments

• @mooneyman , stick him on "ignore". Makes it a much more pleasurable experience on here.

• If Bayo isn’t able to play the issue for me is not so much who plays in his place, but how we alter the strategy and personnel to accommodate a totally different style of play in the first two thirds of the pitch.

With Bayo on the pitch we thrive on a hard working midfield that wins the ball all over the pitch, before looking direct to Bayo. Once around the opposition pen box we then look to get other attackers on the ball to create.

Playing without him means the midfield and defence would have to focus much more on retaining possession, and take responsibility for working the ball into space and then picking the right pass into the channels.

Our whole style of play is set up for the former. Having said that, we have been able to mix things up on occasion, deploying a lightning counter attack against Luton away, for instance. But at such a crucial point in the season, I’d be very nervous if we suddenly needed to change our style of play. Let’s hope Bayo on the team sheet Saturday.

• edited April 2018

oh dear @rmjlondon back to normal. He's got his silly brain in. Third in the table with a bullshitter manager while top scorer and player included League Two team of the season has been rubbish recently???
    Even when he hasn't been scoring and marked out of the game he's not seemed rubbish to me. Rest assured, I'm sure former Luton Town forward CMS will get his chance.
    Say something positive about the manager of the team you support, richie.

• @Wendoverman , when you get a poster like that, you can either constantly have to call them out, correct them, and derail the threads, or simply put them on ignore.
    Wasted time with the former for a fair while, but the latter is much better now.

• I think that’s a bit unfair. The indications are that, with an existing injury either aggravated or added to on Tuesday, Bayo is not very likely to play his usual 90 minute role on Saturday. Those of us talking about ways in which the team might be set up and how the style of play might need to be modified in his absence are not exactly over the moon at the prospect of having to adjust at such a critical juncture - just being realistic and facing the unwelcome prospect of that situation arising.

• @robin - "could be back" isn't quite the same as expecting all three to be fit. A classic politician's promise and keeps Accy guessing - smart move from GA.

• edited April 2018

@Malone of course you are right. Karma has been restored. By the looks of it there was a flurry of post-Haribo and fizzy pop posting.

• I mean bullshitter GA when it comes to injuries !!

• how long is it that Stewart has been close ??

• How long is a piece of string?

• For the sake of clarity, my “unfair” comment referred not to @Wendoverman’s immediately preceding post but to the inference I had drawn from this thread as a whole that we were actually advocating a change of style or tactics. Not so, merely facing up to the likelihood that circumstances might dictate it.

• @micra your a big man on here come and say to my face saturday ;-)

• @rmjlondon said:
    I mean bullshitter GA when it comes to injuries !!

Bullshit, politician’s promises - take your pick.

• @Wendoverman said:
    micra your a big man on here come and say to my face saturday ;-)

Funnily enough, when I saw your gate forecast (the wishful one!) I was going to respond with the good news that the Woodland Lounge is open again. If you’re a member I’ll see you there and face the music.

• As for tactics, I think as @clifty04 pointed out we have six forwards. Experienced (CMS, Tyson, PCH) and young (Kashket, Freeman and Williams) and if Bayo makes the bench, I'm sure GA will manage to make something work! (@micra I'm not a member of any club that will admit me.)

• Dangerous, I know, but I’m becoming increasingly confident about Saturday.
    If the BFP report is accurate (biggish ‘if’) GA has said “.........having them all back for Saturday will be massive for us”. Not would be.

• edited April 2018

Well, Bayo has just been pictured apparently. Not looking good.

• Surgical boot plus finger amputation equals doubtful starter!

• unusual to wear a boot for a calf injury, more to it it seems !!

• I’m almost certain that Phil Carchpole/Luke Ashmead mentioned on Tuesday that he’d been carrying an ankle injury. But, so far as I can see, there is nothing in the restaurant picture to verify when it was taken.

• edited April 2018

@micra said:
    I’m almost certain that Phil Carchpole/Luke Ashmead mentioned on Tuesday that he’d been carrying an ankle injury. But, so far as I can see, there is nothing in the restaurant picture to verify when it was taken.

I agree, it was posted at about 10.30 ish last night but as you say could have been taken at anytime. I am as cynical as hell but maybe more so in hope than cynicism this is an oldie designed to throw people off track.... time will tell

• edited April 2018

do you really think John Coleman is that bothered if Bayo plays tommorow ? GA must have a very overinflated thought process if he has gone to all this trouble to throw him off the scent. It was posted on Instagram as a live story so I suspect its genuine and the time correct.

• @rmjlondon said:
    do you really think John Coleman is that bothered if Bayo plays tommorow ? GA must have a very overinflated thought process if he has gone to all this trouble to throw him off the scent. It was posted on Instagram as a live story so I suspect its genuine and the time correct.

Yes I do believe John Coleman is that bothered as Bayo has been central to the way we play this season. I forgot that other teams don't do any homework on the opposition nowadays. I also forgot that managers never try to throw the opposition off in big games...... Do you really think they wouldn't want to know? Deluded as ever "boss man".

• I don’t suppose he’s pushing the panic button but knowing that Bayo is unlikely to feature would certainly enable him to prepare for a more indirect approach by Wycombe. I don’t suppose it would affect his team selection as he seems to have had the luxury of being able to field a settled side for some time.

• if Bayo is fit, we win with him
    If Bayo is not fit, we win without him
    All will be revealed at 2pm tomorrow

• It is after all a team game.

• Love Bayo and without him we would not be in the position we are. BUT we have to have some confidence in Tyson, CMS, Kashket, Williams etc any one of those we would have been thrilled to have in our side 2 years ago

• Not to mention PCH, Andy.

• We did have him in our side 2 years ago, @DevC (albeit on loan, and mostly injured).

The 'etc' also surely refers to Freeman.