Skip to content

Match Report - Carlisle

Comments

• So publically calling the clubs manager ( a club he purports to support) a gypsy is not abuse. As far as I can see he has not issued a written apology. There is a very simple way to demonstrate his remorse and that is to post a short apology on here.

If you give out abuse, it is perfectly reasonable to expect the same level of abuse in return.

• @mooneyman That is not what I said.

• well done Mooneyman for putting your pitchfork down long enough to type that out

• "In the aftermath, you either accept that someone is genuinely remorseful, show a bit of loyalty and stick with them, or write them off."

vital present two of the options they had after the gypsy incident (which followed on from a number of previous incidents) but not the third - the one I would have considered most appropriate - suspend Mr Clift, send him away to show that he had learnt from his "mistakes" and could now conduct himself with a little more maturity and after a suitable period (perhaps six months) without repeat then give him another chance.

I would have seen that as a better response for Vital itself and indeed by forcing the rather immature mr clift to recognise that there were consequences to immature behaviour of this nature probably done Mr Clift a favour too by teaching him a valuable life lesson.

As before, vitals choice though - its their site after all.

• Hitler didn’t really like football and only attended one match between 1933 and 36, so he was a bit like @DevC in that regard

• Hitler famously had a very poor sense of humour - bit like.......

• Some found the bright lights of Vicarage road to tempting and at the drop of a hat changed there allegiance to Harry and the hornets.

• @DevC said:
    "In the aftermath, you either accept that someone is genuinely remorseful, show a bit of loyalty and stick with them, or write them off."

vital present two of the options they had after the gypsy incident (which followed on from a number of previous incidents) but not the third - the one I would have considered most appropriate - suspend Mr Clift, send him away to show that he had learnt from his "mistakes" and could now conduct himself with a little more maturity and after a suitable period (perhaps six months) without repeat then give him another chance.

I would have seen that as a better response for Vital itself and indeed by forcing the rather immature mr clift to recognise that there were consequences to immature behaviour of this nature probably done Mr Clift a favour too by teaching him a valuable life lesson.

As before, vitals choice though - its their site after all.

Bore off. You do realise this isn't a job or a highly sought after position, it's a guy giving his own free time up for nothing, so those who couldn't get to games can read a report of the game from a slightly different perspective to the official report. Get over yourself

• As you wish, M3G. As it happens I only caught the first couple of games of mr bassett's reign before work and sunnier climes called.

• edited February 2018

@HCblue I cannot be arsed to scroll back but a couple of posters made the suggestion that @vital might still let Hitler or ISIS write for him as long as they don't mention beheadings or mass murder, I am paraphrasing. I'm pretty sure for all his youthful failings and poor view of GA @clifty04 is not planning a caliphate across the middle east or world domination and if he was Vital would not carry on publishing his more innocently styled match reports.
    And working on the formula that once the Nazis are mentioned...I thought it was time to draw it to a close.

• How can a match report thread produce this much diatribe is beyond me. @Vital is doing a great job long may it continue. Can we discuss the match and beenys goal instead.

• @braywanderer said:
    How can a match report thread produce this much diatribe is beyond me. Vital is doing a great job long may it continue. Can we discuss the match and beenys goal instead.

Beano please!

• @braywanderer said:
    How can a match report thread produce this much diatribe is beyond me. Vital is doing a great job long may it continue. Can we discuss the match and beenys goal instead.

Yes pleeeeeeeeease!!

• It was a great match and Beano scored a fantastic goal. (I know I am about 1000 words short of a proper match report though!)

• Ok beeno beeno beeno beeeeenooooooooooooooo

• 'Horrendous horrendous horrendous Man management by Ainsworth. '

@clifty04 at 4.46pm on Saturday.

backtochattingaboutthegame

• Not clear: you agree or disagree, @Right_in_the_Middle?

• Disagree 100% but that wasn't really the point of the post. It was just a cheeky reference back to my original point that has since been turned in to a full on debate about something different.

• @mooneyman said:
    Beano please!

Beanie if you must. Strictly for the players though. Beano works best for chanting; Beanie for in-play communication. I do go on, you know.

• @mooneyman said:
    Beano please!

Agreed, our player, our nickname, our club

• How about this as a chant
    Beeno beenie beeno beenie.........ad infinitum
    That way everyone’s happy

• How can we be happy if we’re chanting be no beanie? We’d really miss him.
    Just saying.

• How long before people get on his back again do we think? One game? Two? The next misplaced pass? Or does he has the rest of the season off?

• @Wendoverman said:
    How long before people get on his back again do we think? One game? Two? The next misplaced pass? Or does he has the rest of the season off?

Think he is now close to immune cult status, hardly put a foot wrong this season, we missed his break up play when out injured.
    Glad he can do no wrong, even makes me smile to think back to the ball constantly bouncing over his head when we had that crappy bone hard ‘pitch’ when he first arrived.
    Probably his last season as a pro, gonna miss him when he’s gone.
    In BEANO we trust.

• In light of his heroics, I think he can be excused any abuse until he retires gracefully at the end of the season.

• Although did you see how keen he was not to take a throw-in on Saturday (second half, in front of the Woodlands)? Admittedly that was before his canonisation. I hope for his sake that what followed will obliterate any memory he has of the Preston game.

• He'll get another season-long contract. Why would he want to retire after Saturday? Why would we want to let him go after his play this campaign?

• @aloysius said:
    He'll get another season-long contract. Why would he want to retire after Saturday? Why would we want to let him go after his play this campaign?

He has got interests outside football and his arm had to be twisted to sign this season.

• @aloysius said:
    He'll get another season-long contract. Why would he want to retire after Saturday? Why would we want to let him go after his play this campaign?

Has Richie confirmed this?