Skip to content

Match Report - Carlisle

Comments

• it's a pressurising generational attack vendetta. God knows what will happen if Beany scores again!

• The Gasroom - where the handbags are not put away even after a 5 game win streak and a Beany winning goal.

• My one reservation about the whole thing: Beany feels wrong to me. It has to be Beano.

• @HCblue said:
    My one reservation about the whole thing: Beany feels wrong to me. It has to be Beano.

Frankly, after Saturday he can call himself whatever the hell he likes and I’ll buy the shirt. What odds on him netting again this week?

• @HCblue said:
    My one reservation about the whole thing: Beany feels wrong to me. It has to be Beano.

Agreed, players may call Marcus ‘beeny’ I have always and will always know him to be Beano.

• 'Runner' surely?

• Or Heinz 96?

• @Shev said:
    Or Heinz 96?

That's just half baked @Shev !

• ”Beano” is far better as a repetitive chant.
    As in Deano for Dean Morgan.

• “Beanio” perhaps as a compromise.

• There's more of us than in the team so we should persuade them to change their nickname from 'Beany' to 'Beano'.

Too late now there's a tee-shirt!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    That's just half baked Shev !

You trying to" butter him up"

• A rather broad comment if I may say....

• Bean's certainly the toast of the town!

• Some of the video content we produce is exceptional for a club at our level.

I can’t understand why the red card has been upheld based on the footage from behind the goal. Very disappointing.

• How is video footage shot from behind his back possibly going to persuade them to overturn his red card? That's not how it works

Decisions only get overturned if they are indisputably an absolute miscarriage of justice

No replay I've seen proves that

• how can u see from behind if it hits his hand ? lol

• @Shev is getting saucy again

• edited February 2018

Is it not the case that there needs to be an intentional (or reckless on the current real-world interpretation of the rule) handling of the ball? For my money, the video shows a player with both arms pinned tight to his side in as textbook a fashion as one could ever hope to see. The only way the ball even made contact with his arm, I think I would be happy to say from watching the video carefully, is if his arm was in just in front of his body and it hit it before hitting his chest. I am actually massively impressed with Luke's technique. I think he deserves enormous credit for it.

• @micra said:
    ”Beano” is far better as a repetitive chant.

Agreed

• @micra said:
    ”Beano” is far better as a repetitive chant.

Also agree

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    There's more of us than in the team so we should persuade them to change their nickname from 'Beany' to 'Beano'.

Too late now there's a tee-shirt!

Also also agreed

• Ronalbeanho.

• @HCblue said:
    Is it not the case that there needs to be an intentional (or reckless on the current real-world interpretation of the rule) handling of the ball? For my money, the video shows a player with both arms pinned tight to his side in as textbook a fashion as one could ever hope to see. The only way the ball even made contact with his arm, I think I would be happy to say from watching the video carefully, is if his arm was in just in front of his body and it hit it before hitting his chest. I am actually massively impressed with Luke's technique. I think he deserves enormous credit for it.

I think you’ve described the incident perfectly. Upholding the red card is a very poor decision but not a surprising one given the track record of these things. Referees sitting in judgment on other referees are almost always going to be supportive of their own kind.

• After all the controversy, I understand Toby Young is being lined up as a safe pair of hands for the next @Vital match report...

• I@arnos_grove said:

After all the controversy, I understand Toby Young is being lined up as a safe pair of hands for the next Vital match report...

I do hope this does not mean that we are witnessing the start of a form of forum mob rule. All voluntary contributors are valuable and as non professional journalists, the occasional slip into opinion is surly excusable. Well it is by me anyway and thank you to all who contribute, even if it provides controversy for us to chew on. I am unlikely to suddenly alter my opinions through things I may have read on the forum. I just enjoy the banter and generally feel I'm part of the Wycombe support.>

• @LX1 said:
    Shev is getting saucy again

In Heinz-site, I would agree.

• @ValleyWanderer no problem with slips into opinion, even from professional scribes. I used to do some stuff way back for the BFP and fell foul of it myself on a few occasions. But you have to take criticism on the chin - that's part and parcel of having things published I'm afraid.

• I don’t really see his slip into an opinion piece being an issue. After all, opinions are like the clitorus

What I have an issue with is reading (and condoning) an article by someone with the tweeting history he has (particularly what he called our manager) and how that single incident alone striped him,and anything he publishes in a public forum, of any credibility.

I’m all for volunteers, but even they should be held to a standard.

• Interesting, if incomprehensible, analogy @TheDancingYak.