Skip to content

Fxxk you FA

Comments

• edited December 2017

@Right_in_the_Middle Here's how I deduce they are sniffing around us as a major choice - happy to admit I may be wrong that we may have not been the primary choice.

MK Dons don't exist yet.
    Beeks and Sanchez speak about moving the club to MK.
    Did they just happen to think this up independently, or did they have contact with Winkleman and his cronies?
    I'm going to plump with yes. Call me DevC if you want.

• Wasn't Ivor Beeks also considering us becoming Rushden and Dynamoes (sic)?

• No doubt it's the extraordinary attitude exhibited by @Right_in_the_Middle, and many others like him, here that made Wycombe Wanderers such an attractive option in the first place.

This has been a shameful week, even by the FA's own low standards.

• @LX1 said:
    If you think that is a 'petty gesture'I can only assume you are new to football. Or devc windup

What did it achieve apart from getting them into trouble?

• @eric_plant said:
    glasshalffull is clearly an account set up purely to troll and wind people up

They've got a bit carried away and made it too obvious

Ah, the delights of social media. Anyone not agreeing with the pack is a troll or wind up merchant. Sorry to disappoint you.

• @glasshalffull OK, I accept you're real and that you really mean what you say. If you don't like troll or wind up merchant, how about quisling/

• I don’t think I’ve ever betrayed my country to aid an invading enemy, I simply said that AFC Wimbledon made a petty gesture but I guess in the twighlight world of social media that’s enough to justify a ridiculously over the top accusation.

• Pathetic trolling

Not even close to being convincing

• @eric_plant said:
    Pathetic trolling

Not even close to being convincing

????

• When I consider how much @glasshalffull despises ‘social media’ it’s a mystery to me why he / she continues to engage with it. I think that’s what leads to the impression of trolling. Clearly pining for the good old days of Blues News.

I too would like us to take a harder line with the Milton Keynes lot but also find AFC supporters a struggle to love.

• I know it’s a bit of an open goal but what a nasty piece of work Winkleman is his “oh I could have done it better” as if he was a victim of circumstances bullshite

• @arnos_grove said:
    When I consider how much glasshalffull despises ‘social media’ it’s a mystery to me why he / she continues to engage with it. I think that’s what leads to the impression of trolling. Clearly pining for the good old days of Blues News.

I too would like us to take a harder line with the Milton Keynes lot but also find AFC supporters a struggle to love.

It’s not social media per se that I despise, rather the way it encourages people to say much nastier things than they would ever say to someone’s face. I deserted the fans Facebook site for that very reason and whilst this forum is a lot more civilised it occasionally descends into personal insults and I don’t know why people can’t respect the views of others even though they may be contrary to what they believe. I repeat, I simply said that Wimbledon made a petty gesture - is that such a terrible opinion to hold?

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Do you think they don't know this, and that they didn't do it on purpose, believing it to be a tiny step in the bigger picture?

Of course they did it on purpose but what on earth did it achieve apart from getting them into hot water with the authorities? What is the ‘bigger picture’? Do they hope to get MK Dons thrown out of the FL by trying to ignore their existence? And for the record I totally disagreed with the decision to allow the ‘franchise’ to set up home in a different town.

• I tend to share your perception of online manners and your view that the reason for it is that one is not face-to-face with the person with whom one is conversing, @glasshalffull . By and large, this tends to be a reasonably civil place with room for differing opinions though I've noticed a couple of recent outbreaks of uncalled for incivility towards one or two individuals simply because of who they are, which seems undesirable for the future of the site.

In this particular case, I also, as it happens, share your view. Wimbledon know from past experience what the EFL's view of this is and chose to maintain their stance. That's their prerogative but the EFL also have to keep up the integrity of the league including maintaining civil attitudes between clubs within the league. Wimbledon can make their gesture but cannot complain about facing a sanction for it. I sympathise with their attitude quite considerably, but this sort of intractable attitude toward a group or class or person, in this case a fellow football club, rarely ends well in the real world, cf. Northern Ireland, the Middle East, US politics.

• Sometimes being petty is all you have.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I see no reason why Wimbledon should have to meekly pretend a game against the mk mob is just another game regardless of the FA and League weekly capitulating.

Because those are the rules and it does Wimbledon no favours by ignoring them. Better surely to take a more dignified stance in the knowledge that right is on their side and most people know who the real Dons are anyway.

• @Chris said:
    Sometimes being petty is all you have.

But sometimes rising above pettiness is a far more powerful weapon.

• @HCblue said:
    I tend to share your perception of online manners and your view that the reason for it is that one is not face-to-face with the person with whom one is conversing, glasshalffull . By and large, this tends to be a reasonably civil place with room for differing opinions though I've noticed a couple of recent outbreaks of uncalled for incivility towards one or two individuals simply because of who they are, which seems undesirable for the future of the site.

In this particular case, I also, as it happens, share your view. Wimbledon know from past experience what the EFL's view of this is and chose to maintain their stance. That's their prerogative but the EFL also have to keep up the integrity of the league including maintaining civil attitudes between clubs within the league. Wimbledon can make their gesture but cannot complain about facing a sanction for it. I sympathise with their attitude quite considerably, but this sort of intractable attitude toward a group or class or person, in this case a fellow football club, rarely ends well in the real world, cf. Northern Ireland, the Middle East, US politics.

I appreciate your comments.

• @HCblue is clearly lovely, even if she's a bit more rule abiding in the face of an FA who wouldn't understand the spirit of the game if it bit them in the bum than I ould be. Also, she's absolutely right that, if you engage in civil disobedience (of which AFC Wimbledon's gesture is really a very low level example), you have to be prepared to take the penalty

But you, @glasshalffull are clearly the sort of person who thinks one should follow authority and obey the rules just because they're the rules. This Daily Mail reader view of the world is exactly why I called you a quisling - and it's absurd for you to think that term is only appropriate to people who betray their country.

I actually agree with you that social media allows people to be far more rude than they would ever be face to face and I agree that trolling is a significant problem. But there are shades of grey here. Social media can also facilitate conversation between people who have absolutely nothing in common apart from one shared interest - in our case Wycombe Wanderers FC. I am absolutely confident that, if I were to meet you in person, the combination of stupidity and pusillanimous authority worship you have demonstrated here would rapidly elicit an equally direct response to the one I'm typing now.

• This has been an interesting discussion but I’m concerned lest one or two of the participants should lose track of time leading up to this afternoon’s departure!
    I know time runs away with me nowadays (causing enough stress last Saturday for me to decide to opt out of the Chesterfield match at the eleventh hour) but I am planning to walk the dog past the @EwanHoosaami residence slightly before 3.30 in order to put a couple of faces to nicknames. A fleeting encounter of course as I wouldn’t want to delay departure.

• @OakwoodExile’s post appeared whilst I was plodding through mine. One aspect startled me but I shall refrain from comment until later.

• I also have an idea who @glasshalffull might be.

• To be fair, @OakwoodExile Daily Mail readers only follow white, British rules and only as long as they fit white, British 'values'. Any other rules (foreign mainly) but including pinko 'experts' and celebrities not in a bikini are to be overturned by white British people who know best. Anyone who disputes this is an Enemy of the People and/or a traitor. I'm not sure that @glasshalffull is a Russian or North Korean agent intent on undermining League Two forums.
    Yet.

• @OakwoodExile said:
    HCblue is clearly lovely, even if she's a bit more rule abiding in the face of an FA who wouldn't understand the spirit of the game if it bit them in the bum than I ould be. Also, she's absolutely right that, if you engage in civil disobedience (of which AFC Wimbledon's gesture is really a very low level example), you have to be prepared to take the penalty

But you, glasshalffull are clearly the sort of person who thinks one should follow authority and obey the rules just because they're the rules. This Daily Mail reader view of the world is exactly why I called you a quisling - and it's absurd for you to think that term is only appropriate to people who betray their country.

I actually agree with you that social media allows people to be far more rude than they would ever be face to face and I agree that trolling is a significant problem. But there are shades of grey here. Social media can also facilitate conversation between people who have absolutely nothing in common apart from one shared interest - in our case Wycombe Wanderers FC. I am absolutely confident that, if I were to meet you in person, the combination of stupidity and pusillanimous authority worship you have demonstrated here would rapidly elicit an equally direct response to the one I'm typing now.

Thank you for so eloquently proving my point. ‘Absurd’, ‘stupidity’ and ‘pusillanimous authority worship’ are clearly uncalled for accusations in the context of a civilised debate and they paint a very clear picture of the person using those words, ie someone who cannot abide any view apart from their own.
    Yes, I do believe that rules should be obeyed because the alternative is called anarchy.

• @Wendoverman said:
    To be fair, OakwoodExile Daily Mail readers only follow white, British rules and only as long as they fit white, British 'values'. Any other rules (foreign mainly) but including pinko 'experts' and celebrities not in a bikini are to be overturned by white British people who know best. Anyone who disputes this is an Enemy of the People and/or a traitor. I'm not sure that glasshalffull is a Russian or North Korean agent intent on undermining League Two forums.
    Yet.

Despite Oakwood Exile’s accusations I do not represent any foreign nation nor do I wish to undermine anyone’s views. I am not the one resorting to hyperbole here.
    How a harmless comment about Wimbledon’s petty gesture could escalate into such a political rant is truly disturbing.

• I'm not at all lovely, @OakwoodExile. But one learns to mask it behind a veneer of civility, in which way society remains functional. It is the tendency to give voice to unkind assumptions about people in a very rude and personal way, as you just did about @glasshalffull, that is, I think, the sort of online behaviour he rightly deprecates, whatever 'paper he may read and other views he may hold.

• PS Oxford dictionary definition of quisling: ‘A traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country.’ No other descriptions are given.

• I found it sad that someone who I suspect is of similar vintage to me should have posted such an ill-conceived, presumptuous piece.

• edited December 2017

@glasshalffull I suspect Franchise are a North Korean trolling organisation.
    MK? NK?
    Sadly they don't seem to realise trolling football is not going to bring down Western Imperialist running dogs.

• @Wendoverman said:
    glasshalffull I suspect Franchise are a North Korean trolling organisation.
    MK? NK?
    Sadly they don't seem to realise trolling football is not going to bring down Western Imperialist running dogs.

Surely Kim Jong un would approve of our workers collective and the availablity of XXXL size home shirts