Skip to content

Stay at home Monday quiz

Comments

• I agree with Kimble my thread was the grounds so I include Liverpool and FGR untill next week.

• @CarrotPeeler no wonder I didn't remember it!

• All I remember about 1905/6 is the information on injuries was poor, they messed up the FA Cup ticket allocation and the tea was awful.

• ah ok, so the Rammell snow dive wasn't relevant. We have however, of course, played and won at Molineux in the league cup - Jermaine McSporran tearing them to pieces

Not quite sure of the rules of this quiz now, if it's that you have to have seen Wycombe play a team at that team's stadium then Arsenal do belong on the list.

However, we have of course rather famously played a competitive match at Highbury

• We have played a pre-season friendly at Forest Green Rovers

• M3GM3G
    edited December 2017

So how many teams have you seen play the wanderers on more than one ground?
    An example would be Yeovil Town at Huish and New Huish ?
    I know of one team that has three known grounds I have seen us play them at.
    Buzz had me thinking of this one as we Played Forest Green in a Pre season Friendly in our debut league season and that was on the old ground the Lawn, not the one we are playing at one new years day, the New lawn, build next door in 2006.
    There are at least 16 plus one to come (FGR) in the football league alone.

• M3G - we must have played 2 friendlies at FGR, because I'm fairly sure the one I went to was at the current ground. I'm too much of a lazy git to look up the details, but I remember it was the first time I thought Matt Phillips looked like he could turn out to be a decent player.

• @eric_plant what a night that was. And still one of the finest individual displays from a Wycombe player I've ever seen.

• Preston. Deepdale & Wembley

• Oxford. Manor and Blackbird Leys

• @M3G The team you've seen at three grounds - Bristol Rovers? (Eastville, Twerton Park, Memorial Ground).

• Have we played Rotherham at New York? That would be Millmoor, Don Valley & Big Apple

• Slough Town - at The Dolphin Stadium, Wexham Park and the new Arbour Park. (Did we ever play them while they were sharing at Beaconsfield?)

• I'd love to know what happened in December 1905 that caused the rest of the season to be such a disaster.

• Reading at elm park and the madjeski

• Barnet too

• Huddersfield?

• Shrewsbury?

• Wigan Athletic
    Doncaster?
    Darlington?

• M3GM3G
    edited December 2017

@Buzz good shout yes B&B so that's 4 grounds for Slough but only 2 out of 4 for me. @LX1 Yes correct @Ned_Ludd that's the one ive done.
    Some others include Maidstone London Road & Watling street. Aylesbury Utd Turnfurlong lane and Buckingham Road. Shrewsbury Town Gay Meadow and the new Meadow. Coventry City Highfield road and the Rioch. Plenty more to think of.

• Newport and Middlesbrough?

• If your including B&B games re Slough Town don't forget 1990 final played at Bulpit Lane, Hungerford.

• northampton and bournemouth from nonleague cup games too?

• Bournemouth have been at the same ground since 1910 - it is only the alignment that has changed. Played Northampton at both grounds (County and Sixfields) since being in the Football League. Brighton at Goldstone and Withdean. (Without checking wasn't sure if we played them at Gillingham).

• Has no-one said Col U?

• What might we have called the Booker stadium? Lucky escape or close call?

• I suspect that would have been the loans.co.uk stadium

• We are unlikely ever to know, @floyd, what happened during the second half of season 1905-6 but I have an uneasy feeling that a talented young half back returned to his London club (Crystal Palace, I think) and a big strong but aging centre forward who’d been scoring on a regular basis finally ran out of steam.
    But history never repeats itself, does it?

• @CarrotPeeler superb work, although if I may uphold the fine Gasroom tradition for pedantry, @Fit2drop did say 12 clubs where 'you couldn't have seen the Chairboys play', which rules out all us post-1905/1906 fans.

• M3GM3G
    edited December 2017

@Kimble_Blue Well can't include those I'm afraid as it wasnt a home stadium .