Skip to content

FA Cup 1st Round

124»

Comments

• Pretty sure the club was called Solihull Motors in Championship Manager back in the day, which might explain why it's such a widespread misunderstanding.

• Anyone know if the FA Cup are using ABBA penalty shoot-outs this year?

• The winner takes it all, and the loser has to fall.

• Its all about money, money, money these days.

• Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! that's what everyone wants nowadays.

• talking of penalty shoot outs, I did post this before but I find this really amusing - especially the GK despairing chase back at the end. Humour me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41728826

• I admire the effort at trying again after getting a tumbleweed post.
    Not sure it's worth a second post seeing as it must have been on everyone's social media feeds a fair few times and the last attempt got the dreaded zero responses.

• Did everyone manage to get a ticket for the cup game in the end?

I know some people were really worried

• You know @Right_in_the_Middle , sometimes it's best to say nothing if you have nothing nice to say....

• edited October 2017

Touche @Malone. I'd argue that rule doesn't apply to @DevC posts but I take your point

He's now got four responses under his click bait video clip so everyone is happy.

• edited October 2017

Richard Money has resigned from Solihull Moors this morning.

http://www.solihullmoorsfc.co.uk/m/newsdetails.php?news_id=12923#news

• Oh no, Not another managerial departure to re-invigorate a team just as we’re about to play them. I can just about bear it.

• I think this might be more detrimental to Moors than re-invigorating. The resignation is out of the blue and doesn't appear to be results-related, even though they did lose 0-4 to AFC Fylde on Saturday.

Take heart, @micra!

• Did I read that Sean St Ledger had sign up to play for Solihull ? He was a decent player in his day.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Did I read that Sean St Ledger had sign up to play for Solihull ? He was a decent player in his day.

They have, though I suspect he won't be match fit for a while.

• @Ned_Ludd said:
    I think this might be more detrimental to Moors than re-invigorating. The resignation is out of the blue and doesn't appear to be results-related, even though they did lose 0-4 to AFC Fylde on Saturday.

Take heart, micra!

Certainly will. Not a case of player power (as it crossed my mind could be the situation at Plymouth - cue DevC!) Disarray could even be on the cards.

• Not sure I get your reference to Plymouth, Micra??

• @DevC said:
    Not sure I get your reference to Plymouth, Micra??

Really? They have hardly won a game this season; Derek Adams doesn’t appear to be the most charismatic or inspiring character and the thought crossed my cynical little mind that the players were responding by, well, not responding.

• I misunderstood you Micra. I thought you were talking in the context of fired managers and Adams hasn't been fired (yet?). You did briefly get my hopes up!

As ever lots of reasons suggested for Argyle's struggles. Not sure they were that good last year apart from one player having a great season. They didn't recruit well (but is that down to Adams' reputation?). Adams' tactics are so negative and they really don't have a forward.

I do have a theory though that those who manage by fear get results while things are going well but struggle to turn things around when problems arise. I prefer those who manage by treating players like grown ups and only bring in players that respond to that style. We are lucky with what we have IMHO.

• I think by and large you are right and that style of management has a shorter shelf life. Once someone's shouted at you enough times it sort of loses it's effect.

I also think a lot depends on the group of players it's being used on. Eg. Lawrie Sanchez got unbelievable results out of a group of battle hardened, experienced old pro's such as Taylor, Bates, Cousins, Ryan, Rammell etc but when the dynamics of the squad evolved and there were younger less experienced players making up the bulk of it, perhaps a more softly softly approach was called for.

The stand out leaders of course, such as Ferguson and O'Neill, are well versed enough in the psychology of human nature to realise that what works for one person will not work with another, and tailor their approach accordingly.

• Just to clarify about the seats, there is a partially covered stand towards the away end, but Solihull have told me it is only for homes fans. So the choice is covered standing or uncovered seats. The current weather forecast at 3pm on Sunday is a 40% chance of light rain, temp 8°, 'feels like' 5°.

• Any idea on the number of tickets sold yet? Hope it's a sell out (or near) for Solihull's sake. The way The Blues are at present, we probably need all the support we can get!

• Over 800. Pretty good.