Skip to content

FA Cup 1st Round

Draw on Monday. I wonder what is in store?

Some familiar old names in the draw . Slough, oxford C, Enfield and Leatherhead from the distant past, Boston, Kidderminster and Telford from conference days. Or the romance of the first Cornish team to make Rd1 for fifty years.

Or will our fate be Rochdale away.....

Comments

• Already a thread on this further down but if I had to guess I'd say away to Rochdale was the favourite.

• I would love Rochdale away thanks.

• Rochdale Bury or Oldham would all be perfect for me. Just a tram ride away

• Nantwich away please

• Any new ground would be nice fancy telford

• I fancy Truro Town. Lot of family down there.

• Same here... Truro away would be great, some family down there and not much of an excuse is needed for a weekend in Cornwall.... failing that, an old school fixture against Enfield or Leatherhead at home would be nice

• I am sure manboobs that your family will be very quick to tell you that both the settlement and the club in Truro are Cities not Towns.

Truro away no 1 for me with a sneaky feeling for Plymouth and the enticing prospect of being the final straw getting Adams the sack.

• @DevC said:
    I am sure manboobs that your family will be very quick to tell you that both the settlement and the club in Truro are Cities not Towns.

Truro away no 1 for me with a sneaky feeling for Plymouth and the enticing prospect of being the final straw getting Adams the sack.

Ah yes City. Plymouth would be a giggle, a colleague is a big supporter.

• Truro away or Maidenhead at home, but I'm expecting Plymouth at home.

• Local or obscure non league team away would be ideal.
    Worst case scenarios being top of league 1 away, or just anyone in league 2. Always dull drawing someone you play anyway.

• Yeovil away as it's only 25 miles away and my neighbour is a Yeovil season ticket holder and drives to home games so i'd be sorted.pluss he goes in The Arrow afterwards for a pint.

• Rochdale, Morecambe or Plymouth away

• Did Gretna make it to the first round?

• Right. having looked at the list sensibly, I'll take either Shaw Lane or Concord Rangers because I'd not heard of either and both sound like Sunday league teams.

• Worst case is the bloody franchise

• For me, Luton is even worse than the franchise.

• Northampton Town at home! Pierre, Ingram and Ravell. We would hammer them.

• Ticket policy debates to follow

• Not sure we've ever had the Franchise "Should I stay or should I go?" thread on the new Gasroom, so I guess at least we'd be able to tick that off if we draw them.

Slough would be the dream draw for me. Any local team would do though!

• That has to be the first time ever that Slough and dream draw has ever been linked!

• @mooneyman said:
    For me, Luton is even worse than the franchise.

Her Indoors would agree. Imamgine if you will a second round game and the sight of Hylton's smirking face as he sticks away the bogus pen won in the 96th minute that sends them and not us to Old Trafford just after Christmas.

And now I have sick in my mouth.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    Not sure we've ever had the Franchise "Should I stay or should I go?" thread on the new Gasroom, so I guess at least we'd be able to tick that off if we draw them.

Ah yes, a debate that Mrs Moobs and I have 'enjoyed' before now. She is a bit of a goer.

• Meet me at the cemetery gates. Or just in the pub. I'm actually wanting Rochdale in all seriousness, not just cos I can drop Smith's Lyrics but also spend time in one of England's best pubs.

• Hyde Utd are still in

Brings back bad memories

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Northampton Town at home! Pierre, Ingram and Ravell. We would hammer them.

We could have a bolero.

• Ossett Town is the only new ground for me - and they still need to beat Solihull Moors. Top 10 for me would be:

OSSETT TOWN
    BOSTON UNITED
    KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS
    DOVER ATHLETIC
    WIGAN ATHLETIC
    OLDHAM ATHLETIC
    SCUNTHORPE UNITED
    FLEETWOOD TOWN
    TRANMERE ROVERS
    MACCLESFIELD TOWN

• Oxford City away - renewal of the old (ancient) rivalry and I can virtually walk there from my house.

• I wanted moor

• As it's a mile up the road, hoping for Solihull.