Skip to content

Eze

Comments

• @HCblue said:
    I believe there may be a clause in his loan deal that requires Eze to buy a new property on his road every time he gets a start and give it to the manager as a thank you. It's Eze's treat for Gareth.

That clause must be an Eze Rider

• I know I'm thick but I'm a linguist and therefore extremely frustrated at not getting Nedd Ludd's punchline. It really isn't fair. I did set the ball rolling after all!

• (Psst! Micra - Easy peasy lemon squeezy) Superb work by Ned!

• Thanks Jonny, (he whispered). Don't think anyone heard.

• Brilliant, Ned.

• @Ned_Ludd is our new king. There will be a crowning ceremony in the centre circle next home game and we should all bow.

• Will that make us Luddites?

• Three cheers for the Gasroom!

• I think it will confirm us thus, @micra.

• @micra - Hopefully not as 17 of them were executed!

• Ned is picking the 17 as we speak.

• @drcongo said:
    Ned is picking the 17 as we speak.

Typical! Only 6 on the bench.

• Hang on, is @HCblue not @micra 's wife? HC talking of having a wife (albeit in pun form).

Maybe that was a wind up i'd missed!

• Im so glad eze is playing well for you. I think that boy is class!

• edited September 2017

If he can turn that on regularly, he'll be one heck of an addition.

May well work better rotating with Saunders though, especially as Gape and O Nien are such livewires and straight forward selections when fit.

• not so as Bean is undroppable according to some

• We don’t drop players any more Richie. We rotate now!

• Lets rotate El Abd out the exit door asap then

• I just don't get this attitude. Eze is a brilliant young talent who will surely be playing Championship or Premier League football before long. Bean is a decidely below average League 2 player who is a liability for the most part, and just happens to have hit a bit of form. I know they play differing roles, but Eze must surely be in that midfield ahead of him?

My midfield would be O'Nien and Gape as defensive mids, with Eze playing ahead of them, and then our three attackers (Bayo, CMS, Tyson atm, with Kashket in when fit). Bean on bench, Saunders on bench.

• edited September 2017

Eze/ Bean is a bit of an apples and pears comparison. The better choice is between Bean and Gape, surely, and between Saunders and Eze. Each pair performs a hugely different function in the team.

And I must say that Bean is by no means a below average L2 player and never has been. Apart from anything else, below average players don't hit MOTM form, even for short periods. He has been excellent in every game he's played both this season and the end of last when he played, what, half a dozen games. (I do think, though, that I might go with Gape over him, even given his good form.)

• edited September 2017

At the moment, if I was an opposition player, I would prefer to play against Gape rather than Bean. However Gape is the future so it is a bit of a conundrum on who to play. Eze definately needs one of those two to do the dirty work for him.

• Given that O'Nien is apparently injured and possibly Bloomers too, isn't it highly likely that both Gape (if match fit) and Bean will play on Saturday?

• Its unfair to call Eze a luxury player but he does need to be used against the right teams, in the right formation with the right support to get the most out of him. If GA can get him to add defensive duties to his game he will go back to QPR an improved player. If not then we need to have Gape/Bean or any combination of our defensive midfielders in there to support him. Love it though I did on Tuesday I think we were too cavalier and need to tighten things up a little without shackling our creative players too much. A tough balance.
    What was interesting about Crewe was how quickly they got players behind the ball when defending. I don't think many teams will do the same and this may give Eze a bit more space to operate in, and that will really play to his strengths.
    Its quite good fun at the moment isn't it?

• That would be my assumption too, @DevC - so who would you start with alongside them - Eze or Saunders?

• I am not in a position to judge, Leeds.

• Maybe a bit off the wall, but bearing in mind the comment elsewhere about Bayo not having been fully fit on Tuesday, if he should not be OK for Barnet how about starting them both, with Eze as a "false 9"?

• Wow. A Gasroom first.

I think Eze is, at the moment, the better player in the hole behind the strikers. For me Sam tends to naturally drift wider and is happier outside of that central area where he tends to receive the ball with his back to goal rather than facing it.
    On Tuesday Eze was the difference maker whereas Saunders was neat and tidy. He tended to drift left in to the same space that Tyson and JJ were working in. Freeing that space up in the last few minutes helped in the creation of both goals.

Personally I'd love to see both players every week. Both are creative and too good on the ball for our division. Sam probably needs more game time to get match sharp so leaving him out would be counter productive. So for Saturday I'd play both and give Gape a bit more time to recover.

• I agree Righty

The only change I would make would be to bring in Stewart for either of the other centre halves

• We've been crying out for a midfielder like Eze for a while now. He's attack minded, comfortable in possession and links play with a great range of passing.

We're lucky to have him and I'd play him every time until we have to give him back.

• Ahead of Saunders, Vital? Or are you with Eric and Righty and advocate playing with five primarily attacking players?