Skip to content

Wycombe Wanderers Women

Comments

• FT Chairgirls U18s 13 (thirteen)-0 Sandhurst Town. HT 2-0.

A great start to the season, running riot after the break. Full list of scorers to be confirmed.

Lots of goal videos on @WWFCWomen Twitter. These are the post-match interviews.

• The U18s goalscorers were Brooke Sanders (5), Jorja Bray (4), Puby Paish (2), Molly Carter and Amelia Sage.

Next Saturday they are at home to AFT Reading U17 Diamonds Girls.

In the only other game today, Abingdon Town U18s Women won 10-3 at Winnersh Rangers U18 Ladies.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=9687504&selectedSeason=626160853&selectedDivision=44950204&selectedCompetition=0&selectedFixtureGroupKey=1_4898662

• A 5-0 defeat today for the young Reserves against Bletchley Shamrocks, 3-0 at half-time.

Next Sunday they are away to Banbury Town. At the same time the Seniors are at home to Eastleigh in the Community.

• The U18s goal reel is now available.

Some good shooting in there, regardless of the standard of their opponents. I do like the "Wanderers TV Reporters", Maryam, Amani and Daya, top work from them. I have learnt to turn the volume down before I press play!

• You’ve got to say Brian, the keeper’s had an absolute nightmare. However, goals 10, 11, and 12 are all sublime.

• Great video that and yeah three Goalies side by side wouldn't have got near some of those goals at the end.

• U18s match report. It was hard luck on Sandhurst who lost a player to injury after 20 minutes, and had no substitutes.

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2021/september/highlights-womens-u18s-defeat-sandhurst-13-0/

• @drcongo said:
    You’ve got to say Brian, the keeper’s had an absolute nightmare. However, goals 10, 11, and 12 are all sublime.

The keeper had all the body language that says, "I really don't want to be here doing this!"

• edited September 2021

Three league previews this weekend!

The Seniors kick off their Southern Regional Premier season with a home game against Eastleigh in the Community on Sunday. Kick-off as usual at 2pm, at Bucks College Group, Spring Lane, Flackwell Heath HP10 9HE.

Eastleigh were promoted from Southern Regional Division One following an official appeal, after finishing second in the table in the aborted 2020-21 season.

Looking at the registered players, the Seniors have lost some key players from last season. Christina O'Connor has departed, and Steph Mobbs and Lindsay Pinker have signed for arch rivals Abingdon United. Alix Todd and Maddison Woods have joined fellow Premier side Ascot United.

I am told that some good new players have joined this season. There was a shortage of strikers but I see that Rae Roberts has signed on again in the past week, as has former Chairgirl winger Chante Inniss. There are 40 players registered for the Reserve team and 23 for the Seniors. I note that club captain Charlotte Bagshaw is only listed for the Reserves, interesting, I hope she is available for the Firsts. I also hope Alicia Povey has recovered from injury after being carried off the other week.

The Reserves are at Banbury Town on Sunday, a 2pm kick-off at Eastington Rec, Banbury OX16 9JP.

Tomorrow the U18s are at home again, to AFT Reading U17 Diamonds Girls, 10:30am at Lane End Playing Fields, HP14 3JU.

Spectators welcome at all games.

• FT U18s 4-1 AFT Reading. HT 0-0.

• @Steve_Peart said:
    FT U18s 4-1 AFT Reading. HT 0-0.

Goals from Jorja-Louise Bray, Jessica Fuller, Charlotte Hill and Naomi Tilley.

• HT Seniors 0-1 Eastleigh.

Goal on 5 minutes when the the striker turned her defender and slotted into the corner from 8 yards. Eastleigh look the better team, the Chairgirls are not creating much, and suffered a big blow just before the break when Sam Jackson went off injured.

• FT Seniors 0-2 Eastleigh.

Better from the Chairgirls in the second half, the midfield had more of the ball and linked up more effectively with the strikers, but Eastleigh deserved their win. They were sharper all round, very determined and they increased their lead on 80 minutes with a great shot on the angle, under the crossbar from 20 yards. It was disappointing that the Eastleigh keeper, on the short side, was only tested a couple of times with shots.

Two more Chairgirls limped off after the break, and captain Charlotte Bagshaw has a long term injury as well.

• Post match interview with Bobby Lynch and Head Coach Dave Ward.

Today the Reserves had a stunning 13-0 win at Banbury Town, more details to come on that.

Next weekend the Seniors travel to Abingdon United, the Reserves host Easington Sports and the U18s are at home to Maidenhead United.

• The Wanderers TV Reporters have uploaded their Eastleigh match report.

The scorers for the Reserves in the 13-0 win at Banbury were Amelia Gilbert (4), Sally Grimm (3), Amy Norfolk (3), Emily Norfolk and Brooke Sanders. That makes 12, perhaps the other was an own goal. The HT score is not listed.

• What do you make of Alicia hanging up her Wycombe shirt?
    Thought she must be quite young, and she is, just 25, and made a post saying she's not in love with the sport any more?

• @Malone, she went off injured on Sunday, it looked bad, and this was after being carried off in a pre-season friendly. It may have been a reoccurrence of the same problem. That may have been a factor in her decision, I don't really know.

She is busy these days with her media work, especially if she is co-commentator with Phil. I'm not sure if she is this season, I don't get the chance to listen.

She is a big loss for the Chairgirls, they are short of experienced players this season.

• That makes more sense. Nothing like injuries to totally sap the enjoyment.

25 is so young without another sporting outlet though. No need to "retire" from anything at that age, plenty of time to have a break and come back in time.

• First up this weekend, the U18s are at home for the third successive week, and looking for a third win, when they take on Maidenhead United CT U18s, 10:30 tomorrow, Saturday, at Lane End Playing Fields, HP14 3JU.

Maidenhead started their league season last week with a 5-3 defeat at Penn & Tylers Green U18s, despite being 3-1 up at half-time.

After last week's disappointing start to the season, the Seniors have a challenging game at Abingdon United on Sunday. 2pm at Northcourt Road, Abingdon OX14 1PL.

So far United have had a closer than expected 4-3 against Ascot United on the opening day, and last week, a 3-0 derby win at newly promoted Abingdon Town, a match goalless until the 75th minute however.

As well as Lindsay Pinker and Steph Mobbs, United have former Chairgirl Hannah Cox in goal. These teams have developed a keen rivalry and the games can be a bit feisty! With Alicia now retired, hopefully the other injuries last week are not too serious.

After their spectacular 13-0 win last week, the Reserves take on Easington Sports at 2pm on Sunday, at Cressex Community School, Holmer Lane HP12 4QA. Easington won 4-2 on the opening day at Milton Keynes City, but lost 5-1 at home last week to EB Lions.

• FT U18s beat Maidenhead United 10-0 (ten).

• @Steve_Peart said:
    FT U18s beat Maidenhead United 10-0 (ten).

Goals from Brooke Sanders, Sophie Carter, Jessica Gomes (4), Naomi Tilley (3) and Charlotte Hill.

That puts them top, equal on points with Abingdon United who won 11-1 today at Wargrave.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?selectedSeason=626160853&selectedFixtureGroupAgeGroup=0&selectedDivision=44950204&selectedCompetition=0

Next Saturday the U18s travel for the first time, to Penn & Tyler's Green.

• FT Reserves 2-3 Easington Sports.

The Chairgirls were 2-0 at HT, thanks to these two belters from Amelia Sage.

• FT Abingdon Utd 3-0 Seniors.

• Loved those two goals.

• 2nd one was a belter !

• U18s Easington match report from the Wanderers TV Reporters. Apologies for attributing the first to Amelia Sage, it was of course Amelia Gilbert.

Next weekend the U18s are away to Launton Ladies.

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html?league=9687504&selectedSeason=626160853&selectedDivision=540834838&selectedCompetition=0&selectedFixtureGroupKey=1_744460456

• Doh! Not the U18s report, the Reserves.