Skip to content

Transfer speculation

I can't believe we are this far into close season and there are no speculations over possible signings! Who do we feel may be a good addition to the current squad?

Comments

• Well that depends how we want to play if we persist with hoofball I'd say akinde and Tom Elliot to play as a front 3 with bayo if we want to play some football then raw pace my knowledge isn't good enough to recommend anyone

• Akinde? Maybe if we get taken over by a tycoon.

• Tom Elliott is a Championship player. even less likely to sign for us than Akinde.

• Agreed. Both highly unlikely. Think we will be dipping into the non league or the aged. Not that we need any more oldies but I see us ending up with maybe Jermaine Easter or similar.

• Also wondered about Lewis Alessandra, before he signed for Notts C.

• Bobby olejnik been released bu exeter..

• Luton linked to sido.

• Well, I'm not very happy about that.

• Luton friend informed me that they was interested in Pierre but it was a picture of sido when he showed me the article.

• They are so alike!

• Well they all look the same, don't they?

• Sorry? Who do?

• You know. They do.

• There can be few people who look less alike than Sido and Aaron. Your "irony" is superfluous.

• Well that was rather part of the "point".

• Henning When on his current tour does a very funny routine on our fear of anyone suggesting we may be racist. Look away now if you intend to see the show.

He talks about a picture in the Guardian possibly - six pictures of Stuart Pearce, Chris Waddle Paul Ince, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and Owen Hargreaves - who is the odd one out. Audience find complicated solutions (owen Hargreaves didn't miss a penalty at world cup) . Wehn points out that the most obvious answer is that its Ince - he is the only one who happens to have black skin.

Wehn then says that he suspects that as we are filming his video in Torquay , there probably aren't any black people in his audience, but as the theatre is dark, he wouldn't see them anyway. Shocked intake of breath, uncomfortable shifting in seat, and then When says, no think about. It is fact. Its harder to see people with dark skin in a dark room. That's just fact.

Its wrong to judge people on the colour of their skin, wrong to assume characteristics, not wrong to note the reality that their skin is a different colour.

Brilliant comedy - very funny and at the same time make you think. if you don't get to see the show, buy the video

• No thanks!

• Hargreaves being the only Canadian being an equally obvious answer. But I agree with the point being made there.

The second bit I guess was funnier or more subtle when he told it? It's fairly obviously not at all difficult to see black people in a dark room.

• I am sure it was funnier. It was very funny indeed actually. He made his point well, made us laugh and made us think.

• Each to their own!

• He's one of our own
    He's one of our own
    Henning When, he's one of our own

Well almost.

I'll leave you to Bernard Manning and Mrs Brown's Boys , Micra.

• I guess you had to be there but I like Henning Wehn's comedy. I am assuming he told the story much better than it could be written down.

@Chris Hargreaves being the only Canadian is not an equally obvious answer.

• @DevC said:
    He's one of our own
    He's one of our own
    Henning When, he's one of our own

Well almost.

I'll leave you to Bernard Manning and Mrs Brown's Boys , Micra.

No thanks!

• signs for Mansfield...

• Bobby olejnik that is...

• The Henning I knew spelt his surname 'Wehn', @DevC.

• Slightly disturbing turn on this page methinks.

I wonder in whose mind skin colour would have been the first answer?! EDL and UKIP sympathisers?

The second Pearce and Waddle are mentioned, two guys who haven't been relevant for 20 years you have the most "Obvious" answer. 2 guys who missed our most famous penalties.

Next, probably they are all midfielders, bar Pearce

And then perhaps starting to think about captaincy...Waddle no, not sure on Hargreaves.

But colour? Cripes.

• Yep but predictive text insists it is When.

• Goes to show.

• The blues (Aylesbury and HC) have a lot to answer for. @Malone spot on.