Skip to content

17/18 season tickets on sale

Comments

• Hope I get a tick ✅ @Uncle_T

• @micra we need the uncommitted penny-pinchers as well.

• That was really the point I wanted to make.

• @micra No tick from me, since I favour the traditional spelling, minuscule, over the increasingly common misspelling used by yourself above. It would appear, however, that you are with the majority these days regarding use of the "mini-" variant, which Oxford Dictionaries consider "an error to be avoided."
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/spelling/minuscule-or-miniscule

• @peterparrotface said:
    micra we need the uncommitted penny-pinchers as well.

The uncommitted penny pinchers are more likely to be young though, aren't they? Older people are more likely to have a history of supporting Wycombe, and therefore be more committed to the club.

• UncleT -- I thought I'd got it "right" that time because I used minus the other day (I think!) and you pointed out the error of my ways so I switched this time. As they say, I really can't be arsed! Apologies to all about this extreme example of pedantry.

@wingnut and @peterparrotface - I agree with both of you. I was simply alluding to the very small discounts we 'seniors' are offered and the fact that few, if any, are likely to decide whether or not to attend matches on the basis of that minuscule factor.

• Whether there should be discounts for seniors is not the point I was making. My suggestion was whether cheaper season tickets would be more profitable to the club. At £20 a ticket for the upper Frank Adams, or £17 for seniors, the early bird prices equate to attending 16 games (18 for seniors) and the standard price equates to over 18 games (or 20 for seniors). With very little other benefits (it's not as if we get many sell out!) I was simply comparing the pricing at Maidenhead where an adult would get to see 13 games for free, whereas at Wycombe it's just a handful (or for seniors buying at standard prices, just 3!)

• @Doob : quait.

• @Chris Maybe, but there's loads of older Wycombe fans who moved to the area because of the wildlife or something and used to support someone else. We need to tap into that lot.

Upper Woodlands is packed with northern accents on the over 60s.

• Peter is right of course, we do need to attract the uncommitted elderly. Trouble is we also need to attract the uncommitted middle aged and young prospective customers.

Only solution I can see is to offer the same discount to all age groups, say £2 per game off the basic price, but make it £5 if you wish. The basic price will have to increase a bit to maintain income levels (£2 or £5 if you want higher discounts) but otherwise hard to see a flaw in my plan........

• "Uncommitted Elderly" I thought buying a season ticket was a commitment!!!

• We already have plenty of wildlife in the stands at AP

• Surely the aim has to be making it cheaper for families to come together? Even to the extent of making children's tickets free with the purchase of an adult ticket. My first Wycombe game was Runcorn at Wembley in 93, but i don't think there's any way we could have gone if the prices were comparable to the promotional final this weekend.

We've got to get kids hooked before they discover how easy it is to watch the Premier League every week.

• @Doob said:
    Whether there should be discounts for seniors is not the point I was making. My suggestion was whether cheaper season tickets would be more profitable to the club. At £20 a ticket for the upper Frank Adams, or £17 for seniors, the early bird prices equate to attending 16 games (18 for seniors) and the standard price equates to over 18 games (or 20 for seniors). With very little other benefits (it's not as if we get many sell out!) I was simply comparing the pricing at Maidenhead where an adult would get to see 13 games for free, whereas at Wycombe it's just a handful (or for seniors buying at standard prices, just 3!)

Good points soon.Personally not bothering with season ticket as financially it's not worth it..i generally miss 6 matches a season so works out same price.

• Very good point @Doob. There doesn't appear to be much incentive to purchase a season ticket really, especially if commitments mean you will definitely miss 5 or 6 games.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Very good point Doob. There doesn't appear to be much incentive to purchase a season ticket really, especially if commitments mean you will definitely miss 5 or 6 games.

Although it always helps with a cup run. I never break even as I miss about 8 games, but I keep it just in case...

• edited May 2017

To put this into context, only four clubs in League 2 had cheaper season tickets in the 'cheapest' range (interestingly only six National League clubs did) and seven had cheaper tickets in the 'most expensive' range.

Regardless if whether that represents good value for money (and Leyton Orient fans with the cheapest last year at £190 probably don't think it was!) it does suggest we are not exactly ripping our supporters off - other than maybe pensioners - more than any other club, and in fact probably less given the general affluence of South Bucks.

Source:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37953195

• I do like a good evidentially-supported post.

• One furher advantage of being a Season Ticket Holder, if you are a Trust Member, is that after three years you become a Legacy Voter and therefore would have a say in the event should an issue arose which might affect the long term status of the Member's ownership of WWFC.

• Further

• I bet you a lot of scrounger OAPs who buy a season ticket at the discount don't make every game either. I'm not rich, but I look on the games I miss (Tuesday nights? I ask you...) as still putting money in the club's coffers.

• "Renewing your season ticket for the 2017/18 can be done quickly and simply via our online ticket portal." I wish! Anyone else tried and failed?

• Not when you're paying by car it can't and I mean the real stuff, not a debit card!

• Paying by car? Times are harder than I thought if we're returning to a barter economy.

• They don't accept dinky cars unless the're a rare pre war model!

• I like to ring up and talk to people. Old school. We had plenty of apples off the allotment so they never asked about my car.

• @EwanHoosaami . Curious comment.
    Typo aside, are you suggesting a credit card (don't necessarily have the money, pay later) is in someway a more real way of paying than a debit card (you have the money, they get it fairly instantly)?

• @Malone The comment was in reference to using the Internet to renew. No good if, like me, you want to use real cash, not any form of plastic.

• @adamspark Thought I'd renew this weekend, as it's getting close to the deadline and I'm away from the middle of next week. Instructions are rubbish - they don't work. When you get to the bit that says 'click on "Invoices/reservations"', it just goes to another screen where the only option is to click 'Done'. This then goes to another screen which tells you 'Sorry, the event you were looking for is not available online.'.
    Why does it have to be so f****** difficult and confusing? Obviously, the ticket office at the ground is now closed. Can anyone give me a link that actually works?

• @NewburyWanderer Sorry - I gave up and rang the ground. Took all of 3 or 4 minutes as opposed to the frustrating half hour or so trying through the website