Skip to content

Comments

• Great prices for me and the kids in the family stand. Will cost less than it did last year.

• I liked it when you could spread payments over 3 months interest free. Instead now you're having to pay the equivalent of 10% plus 'interest'.

• Oh what a shame !! We all love something free but no point bleating about it as it was changed last season and we cant afford to be giving anything away for free !!

• I read no interest plus 8% fee. Did I miss something?

• @rmjlondon you really are a very unpleasant individual.

• Rather harsh Mr Stickers. You obviously haven't got the holiday spirit today!

• So are u my man

• In fairness to Richie/RMJ, child prices are still quite reasonable so doesn't affect him as much!

• It's a very decent structure for fans with young families.

Nice had to pay for my boy the last 2 years but he's free next year.

Well done WwFC

• @woodlands said:
    I read no interest plus 8% fee. Did I miss something?

I guessed the cost of an 8% fee for a 10 month loan is equivalent to 10% interest (with no fee). Doesn't really matter if they call it a fee or interest.

• @rmjlondon said:
    Oh what a shame !! We all love something free but no point bleating about it as it was changed last season and we cant afford to be giving anything away for free !!

Very little cost to the club to allow fans to spread payment over three months. Helps people with limited disposable income who dont want to incur extra cost. May encourages fans to renew which imo is a good idea. Sometimes giving something away for free to help the fans is a good idea. Goodwill is very valuable to the club.

• Just for the record, an 8% fee for a ten month monthly installment loan is equivalent to an interest rate of approximately 18%. Steep.

• Pretty poor value, especially for Seniors. Maybe the club should take a different approach on pricing - reduce the price and hopefully sell more. Maidenhead will have 23 home games next season, admission price is £15 a game. A season ticket is just £150. The match day prices are a bit steep (was only a tenner this season), but that's an excellent price structure for ST's.

• edited May 2017

Why should seniors even get a discount nowadays, their income is going up quicker than the working in a lot of cases.

Pretty much the only people who I know that are comfortable financially who have or did have "normal" jobs are retired or coming up to it. No one I know who's under 35 has anywhere near the same amount of disposable income.

• @Username said:
    Why should seniors even get a discount nowadays, their income is going up quicker than the working in a lot of cases.

Pretty much the only people who I know that are comfortable financially who have or did have "normal" jobs are retired or coming up to it. No one I know who's under 35 has anywhere near the same amount of disposable income.

And we're off (again)...

• I tend to agree with @Username here on the basis that any reduction in ticket price should be linked to the individual's ability to pay. However, unless Dev can come up with some hairbrained scheme, I can't see how it could be done,

I am a senior incidentally.

• I disagree with @Username 100% but have discussed this numerous times before so no need to go any further. Most other clubs respect their older supporters. Wycombe use them as cash cows. Bottom line seems to be most are not bothered by this stance.

• Thank you

• Strange world where respect is measured by a couple of pounds discount off a match day ticket.

• Why should OAPs have a discount?

Maybe because they don't actually earn money any more?

• @Malone said:
    Why should OAPs have a discount?

Maybe because they don't actually earn money any more?

Discounts are meant to be there to make people who otherwise would struggle to attend be able to. Pensioners nowadays are distinctly not in this situation (in general ofc, there will be many cases of struggling pensioners).

It seems to me that the discount is there just because it always has been.

• So, you just admitted your argument is flawed.

• Let's face it, there's not many advantages of reaching old age,, so it seems pretty darn tight to start arguing they can't have the minor discount.

• Would probably more sensible to make the OAP discount a little more generous but move it back to the state retirement age (assuming we still classify OAPs as 60+). The generation that is really benefiting financially is those who CAN retire early with decent work pensions and don't really need a few quid off a ST. As @Malone points out (sort of), up to 66(?) you can still earn money.

But we do need incentives to encourage people at either end of the age spectrum- I've not checked but hopefully our family and student rates are fairly reasonable?

• FWIW I was given my first season ticket as a gift for my 60th birthday. I doubt I would have received it if it wasn't discounted.

• @bookertease, i'm sure the kid/student prices are very good. Not quite as good as when i remember getting a 3 year season ticket for £120!

A 3 year season ticket! That's one heck of a commitment isn't it. Perhaps not at that price though.

• I remember the three year season ticket but that was when I was still buying green bananas.

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:
    So, you just admitted your argument is flawed.

No, I admitted that in any demographic there's outliers.

In general though, pensioners, or people nearing retirement have more disposable cash than "younger" working people (beyond the ages of the current young person discount).

• I think there was a more recent version, or at least a 2 year one.
    I wonder if you could still get a 2 year now if you asked, but they don't publicise it.

• @Malone said:
    Let's face it, there's not many advantages of reaching old age,, so it seems pretty darn tight to start arguing they can't have the minor discount.

No but there were loads of benefits finally in being young when they were....