Skip to content

I wrote a Wycombe Wanderers anthem

124»

Comments

• @Right-in-the-Middle - thanks mate! It can't be helped, I suppose!

• That's during the players warm up so there'll be plenty there

• That's good to hear, thanks Morris!

• I'm nearly always gorging on a Lindy Lous' eggy cheese burger smothered in sweet chilli sauce washed down with a brew at that time! Sorry Shev, but that's a tradition that can't be broken. Even passing down said family tradition to Ewanhoosaami junior, so dare not interrupt his training programme. I will have to make do wit the Gas room link to listen to your creativity.

• Hey Ewan - that burger sounds like something even Lennon & McCartney would have trouble competing with! I understand completely...

• I'm always early reading the program, guessing what the starting lineup will be from the warm up and drinking luke warm tea because the kid that does the drinks doesn't know you need to run the hot tap a couple of times before filling a cup so I'll be listening out

• Thanks Morris - I am really looking forward to hearing how it goes!

• @Shev said:
    Hey Micra (and everyone, really),
    I got in touch with Jake, and the song is going to be played a full 25 minutes before kick off. I am not sure how many people are even in the stadium at that point, but if anyone happens to be, please let me know how it goes!

Thanks Shev. I'll take my seat at 2.30.

• Thanks Micra. I wish I was going to be there too!

• After seeing the Auto Express clip with GA on the main WWFC site, I think we should consider something based on 'Mustang Sally'!

• @Shev Belated congratulations on the Notts County coup! Sadly I'm working that day, but looking forward to hearing how it goes.

• @Jonny - thanks mate! I am pretty excited about it.

• @Shev They played your song. Good sized crowd to hear it and the sound quality was fine

• Fantastic, thanks Morris! I was hoping it would herald a better result (though still 10 mins to go as I write this) but I am very excited about it nonetheless!

• The game was pretty poor but the weather was good and I recon there was at least couple of thousand in to hear "Wycombe Strong" congratulations

• Awesome thanks Morris! Jake Hayward may have videoed it too, though he could not guarantee it.

• Can someone tell me how to attach video from iPhone on here ad I have captured part of the song being played ?

• Wow, thanks for doing that perfidious! I personally don't know how, but hopefully someone will!

• Just listened back to it, the pa really is rubbish and I was down at pitch side as the players were warming up, eventually they move away and you can hear the song - just! More proof that it got played than anything else.

• Well that's still made my day. I am hoping this is the start of things, instead of the only time it ever gets played, but either way, I have been on a high today since I knew it did. Just wish it had played before a 4-0 pasting of Notts County instead of what happened.

• If you can't ever figure out how to post it on here but can email it, I would love a copy at [email protected] if ever you can!

• Cheers Perfidious! I will keep an eye out - and once again, I appreciate it!

• It did not come over, unfortunately (I checked spam too). It may be file size? Thanks for trying either way!

• edited March 2017

@perfidious_albion You could upload it to YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/upload and then copy and paste the link

• Resent using 'mail drop'

• Still no coming through sorry. I do have [email protected] instead of zoho as a secondary if you get a chance to try that. Thanks so much!

• @shev I heard it yesterday thought it was very good.

• Thanks woodlands!

• Update: I am nipping in the studio tomorrow to do a small lyric change. It seems no-one likes the idea of the word "united" being in the song, so I am changing the line "we're one united family" into "we're one true Chilterns family" to fix the problem. The "true" and "Chilterns" also match the "triumphant" and "Chairboy" of the next line, which is a nice bonus.

I would still like to do a version that has drums from the first chorus onwards, and perhaps some strings later in the song, but I am waiting to see if there is continued interest from the club in playing it on match days first. There is also a dance mix version in the works, thanks to a Wycombe fan with a background in sound engineering.