Skip to content

Dayle Southwell

Comments

• Revell looked good, but certainly agree that he never looked championship level!

But then i'm sure we all have many players we never thought would progress like they have.
    While a Williamson was an obvious one to me, as he was pure rolls Royce in our division, I never saw Matt Phillips moving up so high. I never saw him as anywhere near a key player for us!
    Similarly, Russell Martin.
    But the key with both I suppose is that word "Potential" as we had them so young.

• @LeedsBlue , he must have seen one of Williamson's few bad games!
    He was imperious for that last half season. It's hard to compare with a Mawson, and my memory isn't the best, but he was fairly unbeatable, and had a dribble in him as well. Probably Mawson had more passing range.
    Both a huge goal threat. I remember Williamson scoring 2 almost identical headers in 1 game alone

• We should never forget that Williamson had Johnson along side him (the senior partner?) who, despite later 'issues' played at the top level for a considerable time as well.

• The same Johnson that Adams thought might be a centre forward, or left back.
    Who so ruined Johnson's confidence that I vividly remember him in the press saying "I know i'll never play in the Premier league..."

Also there was a fairly long spell where a lot of our fans were calling for an "experienced" centre back to support one of the two!

So I wouldn't over state Johnson's impact on Williamson to be honest.

• Williamson is obviously great, but I always preferred Johnson. Not at left back though.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I prefer 'Village' as the double syllable scans as per 'Cow-an'. And of course it has to be Parish' (not the French capital city) work at all.

I think Parish Council Hall works best

• Parish Council Hall wins it.

• @micra said:
    Parish Council Hall wins it.

Parish Council Hall it is then. Gas room in concensus shock!

• Oh hold on a minute we haven't heard from Dev yet....

• Dev's probably on the train concentrating on more important things!

• Sorry Gents, been on the continent buying some livestock for the farm.

Got myself a lovely Nicois Bull and a Paris Cow 'n all.

I'll get my coat.

• You'll be expecting tomorrow's match to be a game of two calfs, then?

• Pull the udder one.

• it's not a coincidence Dayles return has seen an improvement in results and I think he's going to really kick on as he starts to read Bayo better.
    Oh I'm not getting dragged into cattle puns I can't stand that kind of herd mentality

• @Morris_Ital What's your beef with them?

• @hcBlue He can't be bothered to rustle up a comment

• @wformation said:
    hcBlue He can't be bothered to rustle up a comment

DevC already milked that one on another thread.

• Sorry, I really am going.> @HCblue said:

Morris_Ital What's your beef with them?

That's the one.

• Yesterday on Something to Delight the Pedants. (Now including an excellent post by @OakwoodExile.)

• Hope the criticism will not cow HC into submission

• Do we spend more time thinking of terrible puns than discussing the team and it's tactics... . It's a moot point

• Depends on his moo-d but doesn't sound like a man to turn the udder cheek.

• @HCblue I mean. Morris nipped in ahead of me. No pun intended (or offered for that matter).

• back to the OP, not sure hoof-ball really suits him but presume Dayle will have a run in the team now- at least until Scotty Brisket is fit again.

• Talking of wingers, always did think Martin Bullock was better than Dave Charolais.

• You've all given me a lot to chew on here.

• All this punning shenanigans should be put out to pasture

• Whereas I could go on until the cows come home.

• Think you deserve a pat on the back for that one, HC. Very amoosing.

• @DevC you're talking Bullsh1t