Skip to content

Match day thread: Carlisle

124»

Comments

• Terry has been one of his generation's best English centre backs, but he's very much in retirement mode now, and probably will barely get a sniff of action for the rest of the season

• @drcongo I hate it when you sit on the fence...

• I wonder if he will retire or try and play on elsewhere and @drcongo dont be ridicolous !!

• The only things that put me off John Terry are the drunken insulting of Americans after 9/11, drunken fighting with bouncers, inability to keep it in his trousers even with his mates girlfriends, attempts at shameless profiteering from being England and chelsea captain - oh and the racism...but he was indeed very good at the football for a bit.

• An observant and pretty good summary @Wendoverman-, I'm in overall agreement.

• John Terry and Joey Barton the scum of the earth.

• @mooneyman now you see I quite like Mad Joey...at least he knows he's a bit of a t**t.

• Good value, as always, from @Wendoverman .

• @Wendoverman - you forgot `parking in a disabled bay while out for a meal'. Otherwise, thoroughly decent chap, just like his father and his brother.

Barton is a weird one - seriously clever, self aware bloke who doesn't seem capable of controlling himself sometimes.

• Seriously clever? Seriously?!

• @MindlessDrugHoover ah yes...always nice to see a man learning from his past mistakes and making an effort. @drcongo Barton comes from Huyton, doc...where perhaps he might be considered seriously clever...but his book is a good read. His background might explain (though not excuse) some of his behaviour and at least he tries to rise above it all. I'm not entirely sure Sir John has ever worked out what it was he actually did wrong on any of those occasions.

• Seriously clever indeed!
    You know he steals quotes from actual clever people don't you?