Skip to content

Stourbridge game now all ticket

Comments

• You make a hugely relevant point @FlyingPostman regarding the need for people to provide evidence of having attended the Stourbridge match if the draw on 9 January throws up the glamour tie that we all hope for and they want a ticket for it.

• @AlanCecil Thanks for updating the situation regarding the Stourbridge supporters. I also hope the club have a plan to get several hundred Stourbridge fans to/from Adams Park from the railway station? It would be nice to have the problem with coping with 2,000+ away fans at every home game!

• @AlanCecil thanks Alan for, yet again, a full and complete explanation. Certainly blows away all the non playing experts and their views along with the conspiracy theorists.

• There does seem to be a certain irony that last season we drew Villa in round 3, a big attraction for home supporters - so the club gives 2 stands to the visitors. This time we get a non-league side for whom this is very big game but not so exciting for WWFC fans, so we restrict the away fans to the normal areas.
    I don't think ticket allocation is one of our strong points.

• I wonder how many more Stourbridge would have taken if offered. Enough for the whole of the main stand, as per Villa? Or just a couple hundred more.

Am sure we changed the blocks available in the main stand for season ticket holders to those nearest the Valley end, so we could sell more of that stand if the need arose.

• Found a Stourbridge forum where a number of supporters commented that they'd bought tickets for the home end. (Stourbridge ticket allocation was on a par with ours, letting their STH's and Club Members buy tickets in bulk so there was none left to put on general sale). Perhaps WWFC would have been better off providing extra tickets in a block or two of the Beechdean so at least they could be segregated. Currently there's nothing to stop Stourbridge supporters registering on our website and buying tickets in the home sections. Don't we normally turn the registration off when we want to prevent that? (e.g. v Oxford last year).

• Would it or maybe better should it cause a problem if some Stourbridge fans ended up in home areas? Surely we are all capable of behaving

• That is either a huge assumption or a very tongue in cheek remark! I think we all know the possibilities of emotion getting the upper hand in both directions should they score first.

Bad decisions on ticketing coming thick and fast, let's hope it doesn't kick off if true and they score first.

• The commercial team need to subtly state that IF we beat Stourbridge and then get a big draw ticket priority will be STH and then stub holders from Stourbridge at home. See how many people get the hint.

• If any Stourbridge fans are in the home ends and stay quiet and blend in, no one would have a problem with that.

But if any start any silliness, I'd fear the worst as our stewards are pretty pansy.
    I remember the time they had to wait until half time to kick out a few Bristol Rovers fans who were being pretty unruly in the Woodlands.
    And then they walked them around to the away end! No other club would have been so pathetic.
    Instant eviction anywhere else in the country

• @Right_in_the_Middle Yes, we should all be capable of behaving but the reason this game was made all-ticket was to stop ticketless Stourbridge fans turning up and buying tickets for the home sections on the day. I suppose to that end it'll work as planned, there won't be any ticketless Stourbridge fans turning up because they'll all have their tickets by then, having bought them for the home sections in advance!

• Surely Stub Holders from Portsmouth and Chesterfield over Stourbridge?

• @Onlooker , I think the point is to push the attendance up for the Stourbridge game.
    The chance of a ticket to a big game the next round should be a key marketing ploy.

• I'm sure the club with have a plan to make life as hard as possible to go to any future cup game.

Feeling very uneasy about some of the assumptions about this years cup run. Many a slip and all that.

• Agree @Malone. Stourbridge are bringing 1800+ and their team will be chomping at the bit. We need a decent crowd that day but I can't see more than 3000 home fans to be honest.

• @fromtheside said:
    Agree Malone. Stourbridge are bringing 1800+ and their team will be chomping at the bit. We need a decent crowd that day but I can't see more than 3000 home fans to be honest.

I can.

• Thanks @Malone - I agree with Micra though. Crowd will close to 6,000.

• I hope so... but when was the last time we had 4200 wycombe fans at a home game?

• we nearly had 4200 against Leyton

• @bigred87 said:
    we nearly had 4200 against Leyton

Correct. Not sure how many from Orient but gate was 4500. Lots of guests no doubt but with the competitive pricing for the Stourbridge game and, with the excitement generated by the child prodigy and the amazing recent run of results (plus additional numbers from Stourbridge in home areas), I feel sure there will be close to 6000 and what an atmosphere that will generate.

• Would be great if you're right @micra

• Hopefully it'll be one of the highest attendances at home this season.

Until the 4th round.

Just kidding, i'm certain we have one of the best managers there is for not allowing any complacency in.

• In terms of the day itself, I as a Glassboy, have a great feeling about this. I hear and read what a family friendly and welcoming ground you have. Good numbers expected and with it a cracking atmosphere.
    We have a large and very vocal, for tier 7, away following, and with this being one of our big days I would suggest that you are going to get out sung.

• Blooming forum!!!
    The rest of my post that was cut off was in regards to the fact that I would expect no trouble from Glassboys being in the home end as we are used to mingling.
    It was a long post which I can't be bothered to retype. Let's just say that I am expecting a great day, good banter and beers with your fans.

• @BingBong Welcome mate, enjoy your big day out! 500 regulars and 1300 glory seekers?
    Maybe they wont know all the words!! But have a crackinking day out. I am old enough to remember our trips to league clubs when we were non-league over twenty two years back now, some great memories.

• Don't let's be condescending. When any team gets a "big day out" the normal thing is for regular supporters to persuade friends and relatives to come too. They may not be regular supporters or glory hunters, but just wanting the club whose interests they have at heart to do well. Should they lose they have had a good day and one to remember.

• @wignut leave it 5 seconds then think banter

• As far as our support goes, having 4 consecutive home games is not ideal, especially straight after Xmas. Hopefully the sensible pricing will help and if people are looking to reduce costs then the Yeovil game may be the more obvious one to miss.

• well it's not technically is it@doob. Blackpool away in the minor cup is in the middle of Stourbridge and Yeovil games!

But 3 homes games on consecutive weekends is very rare.

A Good chance to put the boot in and get some more wins.

• 4 weekends in a row, if you include Newport. Very unusual.