Skip to content

Creative help please

12346»

Comments

• Agreed @DJWYC14 Plymouth took a decent one up to Anfield.

I think a simple crowd surfer flag. Wycombe badge and Chairboys on it. Light and dark blue quarters background.

Any volunteers...

• I thought we were doing the mental chains one, or was everyone joking and I just hadn't cottoned on?

• @Jonny_King said:
    I thought we were doing the mental chains one, or was everyone joking and I just hadn't cottoned on?

I wasn't and neither were the two other committed funders I know of.

Woo hoo hoo!

• FYI it's around a 10 day lead time on the flags.

• Agreed @StrongestTeam we do probably have better banners. What we don't have is a crowd surfer which would look great at a game like Spurs.

• Personally for RGS old boys, I preferred Ian Dury to Howard Jones, not least because he hated the place.

• @DevC That's my personal fab post of the year.

• @DevC said:
    Personally for RGS old boys, I preferred Ian Dury to Howard Jones, not least because he hated the place.

Serious question, did Howard hate Wycombe?

• I think DevC meant that Ian Dury hated the RGS. As did TS Eliot. And me.

• Didn't know Ian dury went to rgs ,learn something every day.

• @OakwoodExile how did I never know you went to RGS? I loved it there, FWIW!

• Without wanting to start a war, JHGS >>> RGS.

• edited January 2017

Howard Jones, born in Southampton grew up in Whitchurch South Wales, briefly lived in Canada, Manchester, Stokenchurch and Wycombe, lived in Bray for 15 years , now lives near Taunton. Seems odd why anyone would want a reference of a vegetarian buddhist with no connection with the Blues, on a Wanderers flag...

• Perhaps we can find a suitably local, meat-eating Christian instead?

Howard's star quality has elicited real cash pledges, unlike the other options. But sadly, it looks like it's not to be..,

• Another Ian Dury fan here. A massive quartered banner emblazoned with "SEX AND DRUGS AND ROCK N ROLL" would be a beautiful thing.

• Now you're talking congy !

• "New boots and Panties" emblazoned across the quarters ?

• I like that too. I'm very fickle.

• Surely Righty would be perfect to lead us in a rendition of "reasons to be cheerful". Such a shame Che doesn't post hear anymore though too.

• I would like to clarify I was referring to Dr Congo's suggestion(!)

• I suspect (with no evidence) that that flag would not be allowed to be displayed at plenty of grounds, which would largely defeat the point.

Good idea though.