Skip to content

Creative help please

Comments

• It's a Man Utd flag isn't it?

• Nowt wrong with a bit of randomness, but I see your point, sod it.... lets quote a Howard Jones song instead...
    "THROWING OFF OUR MENTAL CHAINS SINCE 1887"
    ...possibly with a "WOO HOO HOO" at the bottom.

• It doesn't matter what is on a flag until people want contributions to fund it. Then it needs broad-based appeal. If people want specific cultural rather than Wycombe based references that is absolutely fine, but they might have to dig a bit further into their own pockets to get support. The Stone Roses reference was lost on me. And I wouldn't expect
    'drink real ale watch the Chairboys win' to resonate with everybody either, though there is probably a T-shirt or two that might sell with that or a similar slogan.

• Its a definite vote for No.2 out of the choices. Don't over complicate it.

• Nah, numero uno for me St Martin was sent from heaven and Garath made it through hell!

• @Weegie Maybe for those Northern and Scottish chairboys fans who are pining for the Wanderers, you could use fellow Wycombian Judy Bouchers Lyrics, which maybe would be more apt for a flag ?

"If I could be in two places at the same time
    Believe me
    I would share my love with you"

• Bloody hell, that'll need a big flag!

• @ChasHarps there's a 16ft saltire with "Dalveen Pass Chairboys" sitting in a lockup in Dumfries.

Will dig it out for Morecambe

• As it's main usage is a "crowd suffer" and as we will be asking people to donate. It might be better to keep it simple/generic/boring to some.

• quarters yes
    • retro badge yes
    • 1887 yes

But with just Wycombe Wanderers along the bottom and maybe Chairboys on the top.

• @fromtheside said:
    As it's main usage is a "crowd suffer" and as we will be asking people to donate. It might be better to keep it simple/generic/boring to some.

• quarters yes
    • retro badge yes
    • 1887 yes

But with just Wycombe Wanderers along the bottom and maybe Chairboys on the top.

I agree chairboys should be included. When and how will we be able to contribute?

• @peterparrotface Dumfries? Have you been shipped north too?

• That's fine.

• Might I respectfully point you in the direction of some definitive pantone colour references: https://gasroom.org/discussion/comment/34485/#Comment_34485

Specifically, Pantone 284 for the light blue and Pantone 282 for the dark.

• Also maybe worth mentioning that that crest is such low resolution that it'll look appalling when printed any bigger than a postage stamp. I'd suggest asking the club if they can provide it as a scalable vector format like .svg or .eps – I can't find one via Google Images.

• Maybe remove THE just have chairboys in the centre but yes I like it

Knocked this up quickly, kerning is still off a little and I had to use the only high quality badge I could find on the web ( http://www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/football-crests/wycombe-wanderers-crest-6377 ). Totally non-traditional, but designing around that low res crest was painful, if we can get hold of a scalable traditional one I'll swap it out. Also, used the aspect ratio of the largest flag available from footballflags.co.uk

• The clearer text on the latest two versions really lifts it. You've only got to look at much of the advertising at AP to realise no-one involved in the process thought about how it would look 100 metres away.

• As Dr Congo has says, this absolutely needs to be a vector image if you don't want it to look like a static from a mobile phone video from 2004.

• I'd definitely look at the spacing though, there's a massive gap below Chairboys, and a tiny one above it (and the flip for the text at the bottom). I'd also split the sentence at the bottom, as the balance looks off with the F in the centre, and technically it should probably have a comma in the middle, but that would look silly, so splitting it so each half sits horizontally centred on it's own quarter helps for visual balance.

• Are you sure about ignoring Howard though ? image

• We have a winner.

• Now that I'll pay money towards.

• Looking good chaps. I will email over to footballflags.co.uk and Barmy Flags for a rough quote today.

@braywanderer when we have the idea of cost I will set up some kind of donation/PayPal type thing

• I had no idea when I suggested to @fromtheside to offer contributions to enable the purchase of a bigger flag, that it would be such a complex issue to produce one. Glad you lot are involved as I would have just ordered one and not given a thought to contrast, letter spacing, colour depths pictures, wording etc. Now can't wait to give my donation and see the results!

• @Weegie said:
    Are you sure about ignoring Howard though ? image

I would contribute a sizeable sum towards that. Even if it's a second flag. Magnificent!

• I vote for this one too.

• A rough idea of cost from footballflags.co.uk is £500 - £550.

That would be a 24 x 12 foot which I think would be big enough. Some work to do I know with lettering, scaling and quality of badge but looks like we are nearly there.

Not a huge urgency but we will need volunteers for transport, safe keeping and actually rolling it out on match days.

Still love the idea of getting an Old Bucks Boys banner for along the front of the terrace. Maybe a project for next season :-).

• One more thought. "owned by the fans for the fans" is great.

Not so great if we suddenly become "not owned by the fans"