Skip to content

Creative help please

Comments

• What about the picture of Cousins at Wembley 93 stood on the fencing @Weegie ?

Before my time but I love that picture.

• @StrongestTeam would happily help with both for home games, (as stated earlier, due to poor health etc, don't go to many away), depending on its folded size. I come to nearly all home games on my motor bike with a large carry box. Pretty certain it will fit though.

• On player yesterday Phil asked what fans would do with £20k, on answer was buy a massive flag! Who are ya?!

• @drcongo Would love to get it aired at a home game

• Will happily help with storage and transport. Do most home and about 50% of aways. Once we have a finalised idea I will get a quote and a donation/PayPal thing set up.

• @NorsQuarters ah, that was my "tongue in cheek" reply. What I meant was a massive contribution towards this "drapeau design Wycombe FC"!

1. For me. O'Neill is such an iconic figure for wwfc, and that is such an iconic quote. I do not think it restricts current managers, I think it would inspire them
  • Number 2!

• I'd happily chip in for a huge flag that the fans can hold over there heads home and away.

• @Watford_Blue said:
    I'd happily chip in for a huge flag that the fans can hold over there heads home and away.

Their....

• I will get on to footballflags.co.uk so we can get a rough idea of cost.

• I would happily chip in too.

• Me too.

• Well @EwanHoosaami we did win the 20k! Personally I'm with @LX1 Saint Martin should be looked at by other managers as a piece of history to aspire to. Bringing us into the leage and then some it was the start of the modern WWFC era. I can still remember Kiddermindser Harriers away!

A picture of MON straddled over a chair (insert inscription on chair back) perhaps in a position like "the thinker".

I invested in my club and will invest in the flag, whatever design we decide on!

• I agree. I can't imagine any current or future Wycombe managers feeling in any way slighted by a MON flag. It's a vote for option 2 for me, but I'll happily chip in whichever one is chosen.

• Any luck with the design @StrongestTeam? Cheers

• No problem at all pal @StrongestTeam

• For me number 2 but with the wording "by the fans for the fans" along the bottom.
    Either way, I would happily chip in to help fund it. Just think it is a great idea that will help bring more cohesion with the fans and a good sight to behold.

• Good work @StrongestTeam I agree the second option with "owned by the fans, for the fans" along the bottom.

This would have been superb on Saturday at County. Plenty of space to sprawl it over the seats next to the fans.

• I think No 2 as it is. The simple sent from heaven message is enough.

• Definitely number 2 for me.

• Interesting Chas. I've not even been sure about the value/significance of "sent from heaven" and that's why I agreed with "Ewan" about the addition of "owned by........fans.

• edited December 2016

There was a good one I noticed online from our friends at Wednesday. They used it in the play off game at Wembley.

Can't get the link to work.

• For what its worth, I prefer the first one, although I don't really get the Sent from Heaven reference either.

More importantly I hereby give due notice that on the rare occasion I get to games if some spotty oiks put a large flag over my head and stop me seeing the game, they may very quickly find that they have four smaller flags......

regards Ebenezer.

• @DevC said:
    For what its worth, I prefer the first one, although I don't really get the Sent from Heaven reference either.

More importantly I hereby give due notice that on the rare occasion I get to games if some spotty oiks put a large flag over my head and stop me seeing the game, they may very quickly find that they have four smaller flags......

regards Ebenezer.

Oooooohhh get you

• @DevC
    You see a lot of flags about with references to music & the bands that football supporters tend to listen to... 'Sent from heaven' comes from the The Stone Roses song Sally Cinnamon. Heaven rhymes with seven... 1887 (for obvious reasons)... SENT FROM HEAVEN 1887.
    Plus we have obvious links to higher places through Davie Carroll.

• I know we haven't finalised design yet but I'm going to get some quotes based on the 2 options so far. Watch this space.

• What's the connection from WWFC to the Stone Roses or the song? Is it sung by our fans?
    Doesn't really bother me what is on a flag but it does seem a bit random.

How about 'I should be so lucky. Lucky, lucky, lucky'?