Skip to content

Creative help please

Comments

• edited December 2016

Happy to support this flag idea and like Dale will do all we can to promote it.
    But best for the fans to come up with their idea and to run it past the club if they think it's necessary to do so.

• No need to apologise, Eric. I'll hold my hand up to that one...

• The ideas list so far:
    1)The theatre of silly little dreams
    2) picture of MON on a blue flag with "I have this silly little dream
    3) quarters flag with "sent from heaven 1887" and club crest
    4) by the fans for the fans. No wasps or sharks
    5) We are the old bucks boys banner
    6) banner with The Beast on it
    7) banner incorporating "Chairboys"

Any other suggestions welcome. Personally I like 2 and 3.

• 3 and 7 I don't think we should lose sight of the towns furniture history

• I'm with @braywanderer maybe 4 without ref to wasps & or sharks.

• Definately "Chairboys" & "1887"
    For me the 1970s Crest.

• Do the flags that have been made before see the light of day that much?

Nice idea and as long as it makes no mention at all to Akinfenya or problems in the past I think it will be a welcome addition.

• No 1: "Jesus was a Chairboy" With a gigantic picture of Dave Carroll.

No 2: "Saint Martin" Picture of Martin

Rafa Benitez's Kop flag is very cool.

Done!

• I really like the way the idea has mushroomed. I do feel though that keeping it proportioned will be key. Passing a flag over the heads of 110 WWFC fans away on a wet Tuesday night @ Accy Stanley would look daft if it was some 60ft x 50ft monster. Unless of course it was made of some modern nylon with a high water resistant quality, in which case with the addition of a few poles, it could make a good makeshift hotel for a night to help those hardy soles?

• I agree @EwanHoosaami home games in the Valley End and the bigger away games. It would have looked good at Chesterfield for example.
    Looking at sizing realistically a 20x10 foot or 24x12 foot is what we would be looking at.

I think that would be sufficient size wise?

• 1)The theatre of silly little dreams - this is great but would be lost on opposing fans and players I think.

4) by the fans for the fans. No wasps or sharks - I'd rather look forward with positivity than back with negativity

6) banner with The Beast on it - I love Bayo but no thanks.

Any of the others are good -if you make a Kickstarter or Paypal donation fund I will send a few quid over.

• Probably the larger of the two options, as it could double up for the away games. Also have to give thought to those tasked with its transportation & storage. The make up of the material will have a large influence on choosing the size.

• I think I may have cracked the code... image

• Prefer it with the traditional badge in the middle.

• Agreed, this was something I'd knocked up before.

• Need to get this up permanently at home games somewhere:

• Its just a thing of utter beauty.

• Good work @Weegie I think "Sent from heaven" along the top "Chairboys" along the bottom. Traditional badge across the middle with 1887.

@StrongestTeam is also looking into a design

• I love the idea of option 2 personally, something unique and a bit unusual, but I seem to be on my own with that one.

• a donation point could be set up at the next home game

• I'm thinking option 2 for the flag I was going to buy for myself @Jonny_King I think that will look awesome with the right picture of MON.

• I love option two too.

• Is it too late to suggest a flag with a picture of Alan Parry, johnson in hand, chatting to O'Neill in front of a urinal?

I do like @DaveCarrollfanclub's first suggestion.

• I don't want to poop the party but it must be hard enough for any Wycombe manager as it is, being always in the shadow of MON, without having to look at his picture every Saturday afternoon! My vote is for the Owned by the fans, for the fans one.

• For me, players, managers & staff come and go. Putting one particular face of a revered idol then dilutes the value/input of others, for example Brian Lee. Keep it to the core of history of the town & club and it becomes eternal.

• @Wig_and_Pen said:
    I don't want to poop the party but it must be hard enough for any Wycombe manager as it is, being always in the shadow of MON, without having to look at his picture every Saturday afternoon! My vote is for the Owned by the fans, for the fans one.

Good point. How about having a reference to loakes park?

• How about Stewart Castledine celebrating at Filbert Street - an iconic Chairboys image!

• A pop art image of Jason Cousins launching into 'that' tackle would be quite something.

• Still sends a shudder through me that image.

• A flag featuring the classic Keith Searle 'kissing the boot' photo would look superb incorperated into a flag.
    http://www.hyufc.com/features/a_z/Images/Searle, Keith.jpg