Skip to content

Radio Coverage & Blog

Comments

• I'm not convinced Geoff has ever seen Holloway play.

• I'm convinced they may have been involved in a minor traffic incident

• Also at a wedding, looks like I've dodged a bullet though.

Inevitable that McClure would have an impact!

• Not listening to player but if the commentator doesn't rate Amadi-Holloway then they are clueless. He's a future Wycombe legend for sure. Hopefully.

• First time i've listened to player and Doyle is clueless!

• I'm glad I'm not the only one. His description of Holloway was as off target as a Danny Hylton penalty.

• He certainly doesn't rate Banton either, then again from what i heard he didn't exactly shine after coming on.

• @robin banton was our best player after coming on - he went very close to scoring straight away

• It's a game of opinions. Personally, I think Amadi-Holloway has bags of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what GA can do with Banton.

I'm back next week...

• That point was made a bit later on, the bit where he wrote off Holloway's season / career was as he was being brought on. The guy hadn't even kicked a ball yet.

• @drcongo said:
    Geoff Doyle has written off Holloway's season already.

BRING BACK bluntphil!

Can't stand Geoff Doyle bitterness and for ever going at Hollowa, such as "Holloway should hit far post, should have run to the front post he should be on the end of that", Geoff if you do read this forum don't you think GA would have told him where to position himself ? thus cover these drills in training.

Geoff why don't you pop down to the ground and tell him what he should be doing to his face ?

Thus tell us how your words of wisdom chat went on the HD Player.

• My personal opinion is that I've heard him curse holloway from day one. One particular game he didn't stop cursing him and I thought he had a great game to be fair.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    I agreed with his basic point, seemed to be that he and Banton would have wanted to start so should have been busting a gut when they did come on. However I wasn't there, sound quality via player app was fine, handy addition that.

Banton played well. And Holloway got pulled back a lot by his shirt. Was a bit of a scrappy end but they did make a big difference and we looked threatening.

• @bluntphil said:
    It's a game of opinions. Personally, I think Amadi-Holloway has bags of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what GA can do with Banton.

I'm back next week...

Hey Phil my wife/daughter came across this song which the Valley End can chant in support for Holloway..

The Lyrics to "We Dem Boyz" song by WIZ KHALIFA:

"Hola up, hola up Hola up, we dem boyz Hola up, we dem boyz Hola up, the fans are making noise".

:)

• @Ciderk1d said:
    :)

Awsome

• Afternoon all. Today's game will be on Chairboys Player with myself and Will Vince from 2:55pm.

There will be team news, reports and post match on BBC Three Counties from 2pm. Sadly no commentary today.

COYB!

• Looking forward to usual excellent commentary ON this afternoon's match. Call me old-fashioned but I grew up with "on". (I don't comment "of" your performance.)
    For some reason "of" seems to have become universal so I suppose I'd better get used to it!

• Shame it's not on 3CR.

• What a joy to have @bluntphil back on the mic, even with the terrible choppy audio on the iOS app.

• Choppy here as well, regular nett line.

• At the game dull so far...that bad my son just pulled his wobbly tooth out...but that said we have been wasteful, and Banton needs to toughen up...

• Enjoyed the commentary today but sounded like we were up against it 2nd half. I'm new to player but is it always 4 or 5 minutes behind?

• It's usually a minute or two behind, pro tip: never have the scores on telly while you're listening, it can really ruin the tension.

• That's how i found out we scored against Dagenham then i heard it a few minutes later on player.

• Yeh I don't even listen when my dads at the game. He'd alway call me a few minutes before eAch goal

• Top tip, you can have the telly on, but just pause Jeff for 3 minutes at the start and so sky soccer Saturday is also behind, hence not spoiling the player commentary....you also need to hide you phone if you have alerts setup as that can be a spoiler too.

• Afternoon all.

Today's game will be live on BBC Three Counties 104.5FM, great if you are want to listen in the Milton Keynes area but sadly this frequency doesn't reach HW.

Chairboys Player will also carry the game and this afternoon I'll be joined by Scotty and Geoff Doyle.

COYB!

• Let's hope he doesn't curse Amadi holloway before he kicks the ball this time.

• Shame he won't get the chance!

• @bluntphil said:
    Afternoon all.

Today's game will be live on BBC Three Counties 104.5FM, great if you are want to listen in the Milton Keynes area but sadly this frequency doesn't reach HW.

Chairboys Player will also carry the game and this afternoon I'll be joined by Scotty and Geoff Doyle.

COYB!

Well done guys COYB....