Skip to content

Radio Coverage & Blog

Comments

• Have a great afternoon tomorrow Phil - that photo of you at Torquay on the official Twitter page today brings back fantastic memories.

• Paul Hayes will be on the BBC3CR Sports Show just after 6pm this evening...

• The commentary on 3CR was fine but they assumed an air of complacency far too soon. Plymouth were completely done for they said as we crossed our fingers and touched wood for all we were worth.

• Agreed, it felt uncomfortable at the time with so much football still to be played in the tie. Scotty did say if WW were to score a 4th he would buy me a suit for Wembley! I'm not sure if that offer extends to the home game...

• Sadly I was in the Vere Suite. I bet they never thought of turning down Sky and piping in 3CR.

• BUMPER WEMBLEY BLOG ALERT Includes chats with Gareth, Nico, Hogan and also the Southend United view from Brian Jeeves...

http://philcatchpole.com/2015/05/22/wembley-preview/

• When does player coverage start ? Will you be carry 3cr build up ? Cheers @bluntphil

• Do you know if it's possible to get hold of Gareth's interview on 3CR after last Thursday's game?
    It was the last piece on the show - I was listening in the car on the way home and remember at the time thinking just what a genuine, inspirational man he sounded. I'd love to hear it again. It's no wonder he's got the players fighting every lost cause for him and each other - no wonder we've achieved so much with (relatively) so little.

• @NorthumberlandBlue The show starts at 2pm so will ask that it's patched into Player too. If that doesn't work, then listening to BBC3CR online through the BBC website will work, just switch to Player for the actual game.

@Fidget I'm not sure why the interview wasn't put on BBC website like normal. Perhaps @AudioKing can help?

• Cheers @bluntphil .

And thanks again for your great commentaries this season !

More than worth the subs.

• Cheers @bluntphil. It's brilliant to have such a dedicated and passionate reporter of the club to listen to and read throughout the season. Imstillmattend many games but cannot get to as many as I would like due to various reasons, but your commentaries especially may me feel connected. The Exeter commentary was absolutely phenomenal. Thanks again, enjoy the game today and have a great Summer!

• Thanks @Quarterman, much appreciated.

• Top interview with Sir Gareth: carried on bbc national site -
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32861258

Thanks! There is only one Gareth Ainsworth. Thanks Phil: This is the first interview I have ever saved to hard drive so that I can't lose it.

• Pure class. I am confident that Gareth will achieve for this club. Looking forward to August 8th already.

• Hello everyone.

Tomorrow's game will be live on BBC3CR on DAB and also on Chairboys Player.

Apologies for those who tried to listen to Bill on Saturday, someone else dialled into the our line apparently. We have lost three 'GOAL' shouts from Ballroom. Hopefully there will be no repeat of this for the rest of the season.

The 3CR Sports Show starts at 7pm and myself and Scotty will be on at 7:40 with the match commentary.

COYB!

• @bluntphil We had the interesting experience of listening to two very depressed sounding York City commentators. Only made us miss you more.

• According to Player Support

"Unfortunately due to technical difficulties beyond our control there were issues with transmission at stadium level."

Not so many difficulties that it stopped the York commentary.

• @carrickblue Each club is assigned a line to dial into by Player and unfortunately someone else had mistakenly taken WW's line.

The positive to take here (blimey, that's a bit football manager speak), is that York were able to dial into their line so the connectivity at Adams Park is fine.

• Why did no one realize till it was too late or at least switch over to the York commentary? Has more than a whiff of French game location / car park charges / bar tent not open / lack of programmes fiascoes about it. Thought the new regime would be producing a rather slicker operation by now!

• @perfidious_albion The way the kit works, if 3CR are not covering the game live then we dial into the Player line just after 15 minutes before KO, after the last team news recap on 3CR. If there is a fault on the line then it is then reported immediately and hopefully rectified in time for the game. There has been an upgrade of the system which may well have caused a few teething troubles.

Not the clubs fault.

• thanks for the explanation Phil one less thing to pin on the club, look forward to listening tonight

• @bluntphil said:

Not the clubs fault.

Thanks for the explanation @bluntphil but does this really mean the club hierarchy are in no way responsible for the problem and they can't be blamed for this??? What an outrageous slur on their otherwise all-encompassing ineptitude. Tbh I'm surprised nobody has directly accused Ivor Beeks of deliberately sabotaging the line.

• The line is working!

Enjoy the game folks. #COYB!

• Hello from The Hive.

This afternoon's game will be live on Chairboys Player with myself and Will Vince.

Team news, reports and post match will be on 3CR

COYB!

• I'm at another wedding today, so tune in to Geoff Doyle & Scotty for full commentary of Wycombe Wanderers v Dagenham & Redbridge on BBC Three Counties Radio DAB & Chairboys Player.

3CR Sports Show starts at 2pm. Player will be on from 2.55pm

COYB!

• @bluntphil You really should choose your friends more carefully, alternatively offer to become the "wedding planner"!

• @EwanHoosaami It's a gig for me, not friends of mine. Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, funeral etc... if anyone needs a DJ!

• Horrible sound quality on Player today.

• Geoff Doyle has written off Holloway's season already.

BRING BACK @bluntphil!

• @drcongo like driving under a bridge in a poor DAB signal area. Assumed it was always like that. Geoff not a Holloway fan is he?