Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Only a million?

• If he'd been just a little but less talented then he could well have been, it seems. Heigh ho; them's the breaks. Good luck to him, anyway.

I imagine Barnsley will be rubbing their little hands at the prospect of a sell-on fee, though. I wonder if they'll have time to spend it before Friday?

• @Chris you know our board thinks small. @marlowchair and richie will tell yer.

• If only....they'd got that deal signed before the Luton game!

"We'll just leave it a game..what's the worst that can happen"

• Donecian or however you spell it goes into the Championship with Ipswich!! Probably the worst performance ever in a Wycombe shirt when he arrived on loan from Villa and that’s saying something I saw Carlos Lopez.

• In all fairness when I saw him last season nothing made me think he was the one that got away.

• Anthony Grant has signed for Shrewsbury.

• Luke straight in starting line-up for Sunderland.

• Guaranteed booking for Luke.

• Lee Angol off to Grimsby. Obviously fancies a bit of fishing!

• Not sure if this is the right thread as it probably fits better on one of the threads about football finance. The eagle-eyed among you may have noticed Jamal Blackman on the bench for Leeds this afternoon after spending last season on loan at Sheffield Utd.

According to my source (works with the Sheffield Utd youth teams so not factual just informed gossip) Jamal had wanted to stay with Sheffield Utd but having paid just below 50% of his salary last year apparently Chelsea upped the ante closer to 100% which they were unwilling/unable to pay, so he went to Leeds instead (who presumably were).

It was alleged that a few weeks after leaving us he signed a new 4 year contract with Chelsea on £25K a week. If even half true I think it safe to say resigning him on loan last year was a tad delusionsl on our part!

• Will de Havilland’s bad luck continues. Substituted after 26 minutes this evening, presumably because of injury.

• Eye injury.

• Josh Umerah has joined Boreham Wood on loan...

• @Tom said:
    Josh Umerah has joined Boreham Wood on loan...

That’s a real surprise. Did well in division 4 for us and I hoped we could see him this year in the quarters

• I guess Boreham Wood have more cash available to pay part of his wages than we do.

• It's probably because they can be almost certain that if fit, he will be an automatic starter for Boreham Wood. If he came here, it would be basically as understudy to Bayo, so he would be spending most of the time getting splinters in his arse.

• @mooneyman said:
    It's probably because they can be almost certain that if fit, he will be an automatic starter for Boreham Wood. If he came here, it would be basically as understudy to Bayo, so he would be spending most of the time getting splinters in his arse.

Extended dugout seating upgraded to plastic from wood some seasons back, keep up.

• Still too small though.

• @Jonny_King said:
    Still too small though.

Only when we have a fully fit squad, even then only just!

• Would you believe it, I thought @Jonny_King was referring to Josh’s physique as an understudy to Bayo? You would? Oh, very well then.

• I certainly wouldn't describe Josh thus @micra. He reminds me of when we used to play my mate's 17-year-old brother in our U-15 Sunday League team.

• Mike Williamson is ‘in talks’ (sorry @Quarterman) with Gateshead.

• Alex Jakubiak joins Bristol Rovers on season long loan.

• Just hope he doesn’t score with a diving header on 18 July.

• Gawd, lightning and relegation aside...I've always hated Rovers games. Bristol seems to breed a special brand of bald, fat yobbo.

• @Micra He can do what he likes on 18 July. I'm more concerned with what he might do on 18th August.

• @Aok84 , a Rovers fan at work asked me about him.
    I said i reemmber him as being the only pro footballer i've ever seen bottle a challenge.
    Even O Nien was abusing him for it.

• @Aok84 said:
    Alex Jakubiak joins Bristol Rovers on season long loan.

They're welcome to him i can't think of a more deserving club that he can bottle it for.

• Let's hope in this case his time at Adams Park did not improve him