Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Matty Cash dodgy passport cleared, set to be the first one of Dobbo's youth team to play a full international?

We released him when he was 14 didn’t we? Can that count as youth team?

• @username123 said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Matty Cash dodgy passport cleared, set to be the first one of Dobbo's youth team to play a full international?

We released him when he was 14 didn’t we? Can that count as youth team?

The fact we released him at all means he was in the youth setup, u-15s would be a youth team

• Watched the Fleetwood highlights from the play off semi final, well it has been a couple of weeks. Made me think of Nnamdi. Does anyone have any updates on him. What a great moment he gave us all.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    Watched the Fleetwood highlights from the play off semi final, well it has been a couple of weeks. Made me think of Nnamdi. Does anyone have any updates on him. What a great moment he gave us all.

News items saying he is still absent for the heart issue. Very concerning for him. I am glad we have that signature moment to remember his Wycombe tenure.

That was such a great match, but also utterly surreal, as lockdown was still on and Wycombe had not played a game for so long. For the first match in an empty stadium to be a 4-1 shellacking of the "form team" at their pad was delicious.

• Max Kretzschmar with an equalising goal for Woking, against Altrincham. Always liked watching him play.

• He’s made a great career for himself at that level.

• @floyd said:
    He’s made a great career for himself at that level.

Indeed. He is also a youth team coach there I believe.

• Uche subbed off in the first half injured.

• I see LON is the target for a number of Sunderland fans tonight, after their heavy defeat at Rotherham. They still haven’t accepted that they are a League One club with a playing squad that is more than likely (for the majority) L1 standard.

• Not just a League One club but an established League One club too

• In the FA Trophy, Lionel Ainsworth on the score sheet for Heybridge Swifts, and Ben Frempah for Hayes & Yeading. 2-2 at 90 minutes, Hayes won 4-1 on penalties, Tyla Dickinson saving another one.

• Thought Hause was lucky not to get a red today. VAR checked it as well.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Thought Hause was lucky not to get a red today. VAR checked it as well.

Yeah, they got the yellow and red the wrong way round there.

• I think VAR bottled the decision - should have been 2 red cards. MOTD made a good point of arguing that denial of a goal scoring opportunity has to result in a red card, eg Laporte, and Hause challenge would be a red any other day for the clear and obvious forearm/elbow to the chin.

• I'd need to see it again, but I wasn't convinced it was a clear goalscoring opportunity at first and thought the ref had got it right. But Hause certainly got away with one - and not deliberate so probably safe from retrospective action?

• Turning his elbow, shoulder and hip into the face and body of an oncoming attacker as a body check looked pretty deliberate to me.

• edited November 2021

Looked a definite red on the last man foul. All the attacker has to do is turn diagonally in on goal.

It just shows how comedy the rules are where a tiny touch from a defender is a red and a forearm smash isn't one.

• I thought it looked blatantly deliberate in real time and slomo. Good old VAR.

• In my defence I was building a chair at the time

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    In my defence I was building a chair at the time

Bodger?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Outfit for the new club mascot?

• Eze played for Palace U23s today

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Outfit for the new club mascot?

?

• I see Tafari Moore signed for our old Isthmian league rivals Hendon in September.

• @ChasHarps said:
    I see Tafari Moore signed for our old Isthmian league rivals Hendon in September.

I'm surprised his career never really took off. He did not look a bad player.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ChasHarps said:
    I see Tafari Moore signed for our old Isthmian league rivals Hendon in September.

I'm surprised his career never really took off. He did not look a bad player.

I was really disappointed when we didn’t sign him. Goes to show why I do the job that I do

• I see that Luton scored three in five minutes against Middlesbrough this week. The scoring spree started as soon as Fred was brought on. That set me thinking about our last Championship game (at Middlesbrough) six months ago when Fred, McCleary and a fully fit McCarthy all scored and Middlesbrough didn’t have a single shot on target (or at all, can’t remember). Adeniran was bossing midfield. Was that the best ever Wycombe lineup?

• Gozie Ugwu scores for Morton.

• Alfie Mawson comes on as a late sub as Fulham win 1-0 at Pish - replacing Mitrovic, who scored his 20th Championship goal of the season in 17 games (!).

• Neil Warnock sacked at Boro. The club wants to go in a different direction which probably puts Uche in a difficult position