Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• Alex Pattison has scored for Harrogate.

• Pattison gets his 2nd with Harrogate 4-0 up at home to Scunthorpe.

• Josh Umerah scores for Wealdstone.

• Very pleased for Alex Pattison.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Very pleased for Alex Pattison.

Two goals and an assist. In a team pushing for promotion. Very pleased for him.

• me too. Showed a great attitude when he was here. Really happy it's working out for him up there, nearer to home, too.

• After successive defeats to Bognor Regis Town & Enfield Town, ex-WW keeper Nikki Bull has stepped down as manager of Isthmian Premier side Leatherhead.

• Dennis Greene has been appointed interim manager of Telford United.

• @A_Worboys said:
    After successive defeats to Bognor Regis Town & Enfield Town, ex-WW keeper Nikki Bull has stepped down as manager of Isthmian Premier side Leatherhead.

Has he fallen out of love with the game again?

• Looks like Eze is back in training. Great to see after such a horrible injury.

• Great news! I can't wait to see him eventually break into the England squad. Seems like a fantastic lad too.

• I like that he has his own logo.

• I feel I need a logo. The modern world passes me by. I haven’t even got a podcast.

• edited October 2021

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    I feel I need a logo. The modern world passes me by. I haven’t even got a podcast.

The modern world is just one big podcast interspersed with bits of life

• The Admiral played the last 11 minutes for Luton today while Fred was an unused sub.

Uche, Kashket and Samuel all started for their new teams, but were all subbed without scoring. Middlesborough won with two late goals against a team who might be the worst ever in the Championship.

• Amusing to see Josh Knight marking Uche today.

• @floyd said:
    The Admiral played the last 11 minutes for Luton today while Fred was an unused sub.

Uche, Kashket and Samuel all started for their new teams, but were all subbed without scoring. Middlesborough won with two late goals against a team who might be the worst ever in the Championship.

I do find it quite amusing that last season when we were “stinking out” the Championship, after 12 games we were:

W 2, D2, L8 GD -13 Pts 8

And the oh so superior Peterborough are:

W2, D2, L8 GD -13 Pts 8

• Maybe Josh Knight will fancy a third consecutive season of struggling to stay in the Championship next year.

• I mention this as it included Scott Davies, but the Paul Merson docco on footballers and gambling was a powerful piece by that mainstream media.

• @bookertease said:

@floyd said:
    The Admiral played the last 11 minutes for Luton today while Fred was an unused sub.

I do find it quite amusing that last season when we were “stinking out” the Championship, after 12 games we were:

W 2, D2, L8 GD -13 Pts 8

And the oh so superior Peterborough are:

W2, D2, L8 GD -13 Pts 8

That is remarkable.

• @floyd said:

Kashket seems to be having a difficult time. I think it's just the 1 goal, and numerous fairly early subbings.
    Still, wish him well, after our game!

• So many of our players seem to have a difficult time when leaving us. McCarthy, Fred, Uche, Freeman (during loan at Orient), Cowan-Hall and Harriman spring to mind.

• @mooneyman said:
    So many of our players seem to have a difficult time when leaving us. McCarthy, Fred, Uche, Freeman (during loan at Orient), Cowan-Hall and Harriman spring to mind.

To be fair to Fred, he had a blinder on debut at Luton and then very quickly got injured. Did his ligaments somewhere in a training session, very innocuous apparently. Not sure if he’s fit again yet.

• Fred was back on the bench yesterday. He’s had a great start, only curtailed by the injury he picked up.

• @mooneyman said:
    So many of our players seem to have a difficult time when leaving us. McCarthy, Fred, Uche, Freeman (during loan at Orient), Cowan-Hall and Harriman spring to mind.

Maybe it reinforces that Ainsworth and Dobbo have that ability to get the absolute maximum out of players, so they may not reach same heights when they leave. On the other hand, it seems we were really good for Pattison based on his goal return for Harrogate

• Pattison needed to play regularly and perhaps we had too much quality in midfield for him to stay. I think expectations are higher when players go to 'bigger clubs' than when they rock up at AP to cries of 'Who?' 'He's not scored many for a striker...' 'How old...?' 'I heard he led a coup...'

• @Wendoverman said:
    Pattison needed to play regularly and perhaps we had too much quality in midfield for him to stay. I think expectations are higher when players go to 'bigger clubs' than when they rock up at AP to cries of 'Who?' 'He's not scored many for a striker...' 'How old...?' 'I heard he led a coup...'

Pattison is at a lower level too now and will have been a big signing for them having kind of come from the championship. Getting game time and the managers focus can really help.
    Sometimes when we lose players it's on the cheap and as good as they've been for us they're only going up a level as squad players.
    Tbh Gaz and Dobbos work around fit and basic decency should see people who move on do well but there's so many factors involved and maybe they aren't welcomed or made to feel part of it all as much at other clubs.

• Fred scores for Luton as they trail Derby 2-1.