Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Aaron Amadi-Holloway on trial with Burton

Wow. Really? He always looked (talent wise) like the one that got away. V Plymouth in the play off semi finals he was unplayable. And then on another day looked like he could not give a sh1t. Not one I would welcome back but
    Someone might be able to get him to do something.

• @Malone said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    His story arc was similar to Ofoborh. A good start, missing, a return with superb response / results. Both certainly have the ability and will be interested to see where they are in a season or two.

I always thought Ofoborh was a bit too hyped up, as he was barely a regular for us, but then came in and did well in the play-offs. And that seemed to over exaggerate his level for us.

Whereas Adeniran made a significant impact on championship games. Just way too few due to injury unfortunately.

Spot on analysis.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Wow. Really? He always looked (talent wise) like the one that got away. V Plymouth in the play off semi finals he was unplayable. And then on another day looked like he could not give a sh1t. Not one I would welcome back but

Maybe he's the 20-goal-a-career striker that everyone is always looking for.

• edited July 2021

@Chris said:

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Maybe he's the 20-goal-a-career striker that everyone is always looking for.

Looking at his career, those 2 seasons of 4 goals each, were the peak of his numbers.
    Though he may well have played more at centre back since, hard to judge!

An incredible career path though.

Shrewsbury - Australia - India his last 3 moves.

• Aaron had a first touch second only probably to Bayo. If only his head was in the right place. Remember that strange game against Villa where he and we played so well and he sprinted off the pitch at the end like he had a train to catch, very strange.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

One thing I really enjoyed about his time with the club was I used to sit there in awe at the sheer power he would put into his shots during the warm up pre game. Was worth the ticket price alone.

• Always liked Joel Grant…good luck to him at Grimsby

• Had just been on the phone to a lady at DD Fish in Grimsby when I saw the post about Joel Grant. Would have been good to surprise her with the news (but a bit pointless if by some freak chance she wasn’t a mariner). Just saying.

• Is it click and collect @micra or do they do deliveries to Widmer End?

• @micra said:
    Had just been on the phone to a lady at DD Fish in Grimsby when I saw the post about Joel Grant. Would have been good to surprise her with the news (but a bit pointless if by some freak chance she wasn’t a mariner). Just saying.

I hoped you warned your fishy friend about Jonah Grant's unenviable record, 5 relegations with 5 different clubs.

• Crikey, @ChasHarps I only vaguely remember Joel and, to be honest, wasn’t sure if he was the midfielder or the wide man. Now I’ve refreshed my memory (thanks to that data gobbling website) I remember him joining from Crewe but I’d no idea that he’d since been involved in five relegations. ‘jonah’ would be an appropriate nickname for a Grimsby player!

I’ll have to assume you’re not twitting me @mooneyman - collect being a tad inconvenient from Widmer End! They do indeed deliver in this area (and probably other places in this part of the world). They come here every seven weeks. We had one of their £20 trial packs about six weeks ago and it was excellent. I’ve just put in an order for a wider range of fish and shellfish for delivery on Thursday. More expensive than supermarket fish but, on limited evidence, fresher and tastier.

• I assumed you were ordering 2 large cod and chips with mushy peas and onion rings for tea tonight @micra!!

• I thought you did but I decided to give DD Fish a plug anyway. You never know. The fishy lady might be one of those fans who scours other club forums. Once she sees my testimonial there’ll be no looking bass.

• ‘back’. Pathetic attempt at humour.

• Apologies for polluting this thread.

• Uche just scored his first goal for Boro - in a friendly v our old sparring partners Bishop Auckland. And it was a belter, in true Uche style

• Ffs he’s so good. I really wish we could have had him for another season, would have been great to see him scoring goals like that with fans in the ground.

• Meanwhile, looks like Muskwe has signed for bloody Luton and one time Wycombe target Scott Fraser has gone from Franchise to Ipswich.

• Luton get Fred AND Muskwe? Sigh.

• This summer is becoming increasingly depressing isn't it.

Uche off
    Luton take those 2
    Knight to Peterborough.
    Adeniran.

We just need to see our next targets pop up at Sunderland, Oxford and Bristol Rovers to top it all off.

I'm certainly in no rush for the season to begin!

• I fully trust Ainsworth to pull in some goodies but to not get a single one of Admiral, Josh and Denis is pretty gutting.

• Disappointed not to get a single loanee from last season but Muskwe was not on anyone’s radar last summer so I’m sure there’s another Muskwe for us.
    Well that’s what I keep telling myself anyway

• I’m old enough to remember how underwhelmed people were when we signed Muskwe.

• @floyd said:
    I’m old enough to remember how underwhelmed people were when we signed Muskwe.

Yes - and even Leicester fans did not rate him. We will develop again!

• @floyd said:

You definitely need to be employed by the club as some sort of positive thinking analyst.

• Wow we really can’t catch a break, anyone but bloody Luton. I would like to think we’ve built a good rapport with Leicester due to having 2 of their players on loan and the upcoming friendly, so I’m thinking perhaps we may look to take another of their players on loan this season. Preferably a striker.

• @Malone said:

@floyd said:

You definitely need to be employed by the club as some sort of positive thinking analyst.

Not sure Rob would appreciate my ‘tenth would be fine,’ approach to this season.

• @floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

Not sure Rob would appreciate my ‘tenth would be fine,’ approach to this season.

Funnily enough, 10th would still be the 4th greatest Wycombe season (if I am right?) with three of the four coming in the space of three consecutive seasons.

It does show how expectations change!

• @Shev said:

@floyd said:

@Malone said:

@floyd said:

Funnily enough, 10th would still be the 4th greatest Wycombe season (if I am right?) with three of the four coming in the space of three consecutive seasons.

It does show how expectations change!

That’s my reckoning. Tenth would represent a great season IMHO, but I reckon that’s a minority opinion.