Skip to content

The definitive ex-player news thread

Comments

• @Wendoverman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Wendoverman said:
    The fact that he has played across the back four and not in midfield seems to suggest to them manager's don't rate him in midfield and he is only a makeshift defender...lots of enthusiasm and energy, loves the club, gives 100% wherever he plays. In short, a nice lad but 'bang average'. Of course I am only going by the equivalent of the Gasroom which we all know speaks for every chairboy and girl! :smiley:

I'd have thought the fact that they offered him a 3 year contract on terms that a variety of interested onlookers couldn't better suggest they want him.

As far as I can see (and to be fair a few of their fans) he seems like an asset for them to me. We all know Luke. I'm just saying there are a sizeable group of fans on their forum who think he is a no more than average 'League One' player (which league are they in again?) and a sign of their leadership's lack of ambition. I think we should encourage them to get rid on loan to a club closer to his roots say in Bucks while paying his no doubt substantial wages!

Surely not people on a chatroom that don't value all the players in the squad. He's not a 21 yr old prospect and won't go on to command a big fee without playing well regularly, otherwise someone would have taken a punt on him now. If they wanted to cut the wage bill they wouldn't have signed him up for another three years.

• Ryan Allsop is training with Derby - BOOOOOOOOOO!

• Oh that’s actually quite funny Resprct

• Agent Allsop.

• They are probably in a position where they don’t have many options in terms of free agents. Good luck to him, hope he gets paid.

• He deserves to be depreciated for that behaviour.

• Derby only have nine players on their books, so need another keeper otherwise it’s ‘three and in’!

• @Wendoverman said:
    The fact that he has played across the back four and not in midfield seems to suggest to them manager's don't rate him in midfield and he is only a makeshift defender...lots of enthusiasm and energy, loves the club, gives 100% wherever he plays. In short, a nice lad but 'bang average'. Of course I am only going by the equivalent of the Gasroom which we all know speaks for every chairboy and girl! :smiley:

I would have thought it was more to do with the fact they were short at the back and Luke had the versatility to fill in there. I saw in an interview Lee Johnson did the other day he said he’s been on the phone to Luke everyday for the last 3-4 weeks trying to get him to sign the contract, so I think it’s fair to say the manager rates him haha.

• I don't think that's accurate

• edited July 2021

@eric_plant said:

I don't think that's accurate

No, but probably at least mostly based on him being a championship no.1 keeper for most of last season.
    He is a very good keeper however and is worth alot to someone in need of a half decent keeper with a good attitude and who can do a job.

• Josh Umerah joins Wealdstone from Torquay.

• @DPR38 said:

@Wendoverman said:

I would have thought it was more to do with the fact they were short at the back and Luke had the versatility to fill in there. I saw in an interview Lee Johnson did the other day he said he’s been on the phone to Luke everyday for the last 3-4 weeks trying to get him to sign the contract, so I think it’s fair to say the manager rates him haha.

I'm not sure the mackems rate the manager either ?

• @eric_plant said:

I don't think that's accurate

It also has Alex Pattinson valued at £180k, so it's really spot on.

• https://thelutonian.com/stats-presentations-and-beating-bigger-bids-jones-explains-bold-transfer-business/

This luton propaganda article refers to Fred deal being lined up at Christmas time. Suggests that while we rejected their initial approach there must have been some sort of agreement if we did end up relegated

• Jordan Archer has signed for QPR on a 2 year deal.

• Ha, had to happen. Southgate's mentor Mr Sm*th interviewed on the news.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Ha, had to happen. Southgate's mentor Mr Sm*th interviewed on the news.

Taking credit for everything presumably?

Talking about how people didn't like him as he's a "flash Londoner", while looking like he's been scraped in off a 3day bender?

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Ha, had to happen. Southgate's mentor Mr Sm*th interviewed on the news.

Taking credit for everything presumably?

Talking about how people didn't like him as he's a "flash Londoner", while looking like he's been scraped in off a 3day bender?

Ha, forget how long ago it all was, he just looks like an old man, didn't catch most of it.

• A two year contract for the 35 year old Moose! Seems rather generous?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57722634

• Is that the one that’s loose aboot the hoose?

• Being silly. Remember him well.

• A good player for us. Sh1t on all my positive thoughts about him when he faked injury, let’s call it cheated - it’s cheated, to get Bayo sent off.

• Adeniran to Wednesday confirmed

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Adeniran to Wednesday confirmed

I really enjoyed his contribution to the second half of the season. No idea where he was for the first half. There are lots of players out there, we have scowen now, gape will hopefully be fitter this season. Wages better spent elsewhere. We don’t even know if GA wanted him back. Good luck to the lad.

• @TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Adeniran to Wednesday confirmed

I really enjoyed his contribution to the second half of the season. No idea where he was for the first half. There are lots of players out there, we have scowen now, gape will hopefully be fitter this season. Wages better spent elsewhere. We don’t even know if GA wanted him back. Good luck to the lad.

He was superb when on the pitch. But that seemed to be barely ever, in fairness.

• His story arc was similar to Ofoborh. A good start, missing, a return with superb response / results. Both certainly have the ability and will be interested to see where they are in a season or two.

• edited July 2021

@TheAndyGrahamFanClub said:
    His story arc was similar to Ofoborh. A good start, missing, a return with superb response / results. Both certainly have the ability and will be interested to see where they are in a season or two.

I always thought Ofoborh was a bit too hyped up, as he was barely a regular for us, but then came in and did well in the play-offs. And that seemed to over exaggerate his level for us.

Whereas Adeniran made a significant impact on championship games. Just way too few due to injury unfortunately.

• Aaron Amadi-Holloway on trial with Burton