Skip to content

Holloway to Oldham?

Comments

• GA mentioned in a interview last year how Harriman, O'Nein and AAH were the cornerstone of this club going forward and how excited he was about moulding these players to achieve their full potential. Or not.

• Two out of three aint bad Andy!

• All went wrong when GA brought in thomson, up until then he was playing & scoring goals thats when he was pushed out of starting just look at last season how well we did ,Wembley , what a great day

• Well you were told this would be highly likely a few weeks back and some rumours really are more than that. What i do know is its a loan, we can call him back in an emergency. I would think we will hopefully have a replacement loanee in place before kick off tomorrow.

• @ticktock said:
    All went wrong when GA brought in thomson, up until then he was playing & scoring goals thats when he was pushed out of starting just look at last season how well we did ,Wembley , what a great day

My abiding memory of him at Wembley was missing that sitter in extra time.

Good player on his day, but there weren't enough of them.

By the way, are you AAH's mum?

• I may be wrong, but i understood he was there until end of season , then his contract ends with wycombe, making him available

• @Jonny "Most exciting player in our team": I both agree and disagree. Last season I found his play genuinely exciting and used to drive my son nuts at matches he played in by going on about his great natural ability. This season, I have found his play less and less impressive, to the extent that when he came on as sub against Orient I was disappointed it was him and not someone else.

@ticktock It wasn't when Thompson came in that the rot started: Holloway started four of our first six matches this season, often alongside Thompson. The rot seems to have started when Ugwu came in and Holloway was demoted to the bench to make way for him. He must have had two options at that time: 1) work hard in training, make the most of substitute appearances and earn his place back or 2) sulk and feel hard done by. Sadly, it appears that he chose the wrong option.

Whatever the full facts may be, I think his moving on is best for both parties now.

• Yes your right a move is best, he has great football skills and im sure we are going to see this soon, I'm going to watch his progress at oldham, also training day after day for weeks at a time is disheartening to say the least

• No i'm not his mum

• You must be his fairy godmother then!

• Less of the fairy mate, I'm a man Betty Betty i'm a man, prob before your time

• Can you see your slippers?

• yes some mothers , good to know some are as old as me on this forum

• Their daughter was a right Jessie!

• I wonder what's changed behind the scenes between the end of last season and now. Obviously AAH hasn't kicked on as we/GA had expected but usually Gareth seems to give players the benefit of the doubt.

Good luck to him.

• @ticktock Not his mum, but maybe his brother, hmm?

• @stugooders maybe people clap and chant for him because they go to games to support the team on the pitch?

• Lots of talent, so promising last season, dropped away this one...and there was clearly an issue with Ainsworth. Will remember his best with affection, and don't doubt his ability - but don't doubt the manager's judgement either, at least in this case.

• @ticktock what's your bizarre obsession with Holloway. All your posts seem to relate to him.

• Haha - @ticktock has been busted. Embarrassing stuff!

• Listen he noes more than we do and what goes on behind closed doors to express his feelings. So hope GA gets some off the lads getting some game time now before we end up with no one left. I say give krèch and sellers a run of the bench.

• Actually @scarlet; Football players want to play football, kicking it about at half time don't count and taken our situation, in my opinion, we should be given our squad players opportunities for game time. We ain't getting relegated and if we do push for play offs, usually good squads get you there.

So with JJ possibly out through injury lets give Rowe a game.

• Actually, I meant to type exactly. Ooops.

• CHRIS i have been sticking up for all the boys on the bench not just aaron, and as for embarrassing NO WAY , i'm still going to say GIVE THE BOYS A CHANCE they may surprise all you critics bye for now & good luck wycombe.

• You're very welcome to post. Josh Scowen's dad used to comment on the original Gasroom and it was a very interesting insight.

I sincerely hope it goes well for Aaron up at Oldham and it was a pleasure to watch him play for Wycombe when he was on form.

• Chris thanks for your post , i did enjoy the frank spencer above

• Yeah, good luck to Aaron @ticktock; I also loved that nostalgic look back at Frank Spencer. I can identify with him - well, with the DIY skills at least!