Skip to content

Holloway to Oldham?

Comments

• He has attributes to make a good player & will never earn £100 p/w for a regional team , maybe going into a league 1 team is what he needs , onwards & upwards Good luck aaron

• If this is true then I'm so, so disappointed. I was really hoping that he would be our standout player this season and was really looking forward to watching him take apart League 2 defences. I've been holding out hope that he'd grab hold of one of the rare opportunities he's been given and play himself back into the starting eleven but for whatever reason that just hasn't happened.
    I hope that he does manage to make a success of himself as it would be a huge waste of talent if he just drifts out of the game. But then at the same time if he does turn himself around I just know that the same old moaners will blame GA and AH for letting him go.

@Ciderk1d you seem to have an obsession that the benched players are hard done by to be stuck on the bench and deserve to be playing, but the fact is that we are 6th in the table, so I'd say that the players that are being picked week in and week out aren't actually doing too bad a job on the whole, despite the doom and gloom that seems to have descended like a claustrophobic cloud of poison over the last couple of weeks. And then what happens if the likes of Rowe, Sellars, etc. are brought into the team? When does it then become unfair on the players who have been benched in their place? Is there a set of number of games that a player has to sit out before they should be rotated back into the team to stop them also becoming despondent? We don't have the luxury of a reserve team to give players game time and that's not going to change any time soon given the still precarious financial situation. But then all of these players signed up knowing that was the situation, so it's not like it should be a surprise to any of them. They will have known that there was the likelihood they may be sat on the bench for long stretches.

At the end of the day nobody is in a better position to judge who is best fit to play than GA and his coaching staff. We can all have our favourites and those that we don't rate much, and choose our favourite eleven accordingly - but I bet that if you asked 10 people to name their starting eleven for the next game you'd probably get about 5 different lineups and formations, which shows just what a difficult (and mostly thankless) job it is.

• When i suggested that Mr Holloway could be on his way to Oldham a couple of weeks ago.

This was @DevC normal dismissive response.

"Cant say I have warmed to be Mr Sheridan in his time as a manager. Even he, I suspect, has a more sophisticated scouting network than judging purely on a couple of games a few months ago."

Maybe you should spend your boring train journeys, keeping your ears close to the football grape vine, and your pervy eyes away from females legs !!

• By Christ the constant anti-DevC sniping is so f*cking boring. Yes we get that some of you seem to dislike him for whatever reason, but at least he tends to post more sense on here than some of the drivel that some posters come out with.

• So old Dev is a perv for clocking some bird's legs and being dopey enough to own up to it (as if he is the only one). Then again it could have been worse - could have pointed himself up as a sanctimonious smart arse, eh Chas?

• Holloway hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip, he was dropped at the start of the season for Hayes' mate Thompson - dropped for an average 35 year old must be demoralizing

• Thompson was 34 at the start of the season. He's also scored as many goals this season as Holloway has in his career.

• how long can he Keep IT Up

• AAH had no chance after GA gave his old mate thomson a well paid job & his his other mate hayes the same, ( Jobs for me mates sir ) West londonwanderer has got it spot on ,

• Thompson never played with Ainsworth, so that's bollocks isn't it?

• Now what do you have one of them unfit & one banned for three games, Can't wait for next game against Exeter going to be interesting

• We will see how AAH performs at Oldham. My guess is that he will play a couple of games and then end up like Banton, on the move again. I hope I am wrong because it is annoying to see someone with a modicum of talent waste it through lack of determination, effort and disinterest.

• IM sure he will prove you wrong mooneyman , last season showed you what he is capable of & with the right manager he will improve

• Chris you don't have to play with someone to be their mate,

• What evidence do you have that Ainsworth even knew Thompson before he was signed?

• Is this Holloway to Oldham chat just speculation, or has this been announced officially somewhere ?

• No official announcement as far as I can see, just the one news story on hitc.

• Well he is not at wycombe today , announcement will be made very soon

• Thanks for your valuable insider knowledge richmayes/ticktock/whoever you are.

I'm hoping that if this story is true, that it's based on discussions prior to Tuesday night, that we've now pulled out of the deal and that Holloway is given his last chance - and takes it by the scruff of the neck, banging in a hat-trick tomorrow.

One can dream...

• Wish he was given a last chance , no longer at the club

• Best of luck to him. If he scores at hatful at least we should get a higher compensation fee when he signs for someone else in the summer.

• Great potential, but he didn't seem happy for whatever reason - you'd have thought he'd have jumped at the chance to make a difference at the Villa game for example, but looked as unarsed as can be - so this is the right decision as far as I'm concerned.

I can't imagine he was a big earner though given that he was one of GA's rescues from the scrapheap, so I'm not holding my breath for the quality of name that we might be able to get in as a replacement.

• PROB ANOTHER FROM THE SCRAPHEAP AS WITH MOST OF THE TEAM NO CASH TO FUND GOOD PLAYERS , BEGGARS CANT BE CHOOSERS COMES TO MIND

• Well we managed to get PCH in return for shipping out Banton so if we get a similar sort of upgrade for AAH then I'll be happy. Fingers crossed...

• looking forward to tomorrow

• Add to list of players with destiny in their own hands that pass through the lower leagues of football.
    There are players that have had excellent careers with far less natural ability but tons of application and desire. If AAH got some of that he wouldn't be bouncing around the lower leagues.

• looking forward to see if he changes his game at oldham, GA says he left because he could not force his way into the starting x1 but in reality he was never going to get past hayes & thomson , guess thats why he did not sign the new contract he was offered, it would a bench job for another season , i hope we will a different player very soon , he already looks happier on oldham sighing interview.

• why was he offered a new contract for next season by GA

• Bit of a joke if you ask me. Obviously factors we don't know about but he's an incredibly talented player who would be an asset to any side. Most exciting player in our team. Only plus point is that it frees up some wages if we were to go for someone else, but can't really see anyone coming in.